Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Michelle Malkin is full of shit as usual. He wasn't suspended. the person on the cross was himself. He put his name above it. Maybe he needs some counselling.

Come on right, you can do better than this horseshit.

How the Hell is the kid supposed to get an appointment with you in there all the time?

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Mass. 2nd-grader sent home for crucifix drawing

I heard this story as well but the kid did put his name above the figure on the crucifix. For a second grader, it is a pretty sad statement. Of course Michelle Malkin has to pick up this ball and run with it to politicize the poor child's pain for her own agenda.

Sarah - it's not just her agenda; it's her job. Michelle Malkin is a commentator and she makes a lot of money writing opinions. On the surface, this story did seem like an attack on Christianity. That's the story we got from the dad. Obviously the MSM ran with the father's version as well. But like most stories involving children, we will probably never learn all the facts. It's still interesting to talk about though.

Just think about some of the radical atheists on this board. If they were teachers, they would have freaked out over that picture too. lol

Sarah - it's not just her agenda; it's her job. Michelle Malkin is a commentator and she makes a lot of money writing opinions. On the surface, this story did seem like an attack on Christianity. That's the story we got from the dad. Obviously the MSM ran with the father's version as well. But like most stories involving children, we will probably never learn all the facts. It's still interesting to talk about though.

Just think about some of the radical atheists on this board. If they were teachers, they would have freaked out over that picture too. lol

It didn't even look like an attack on Christians. When a kid puts himself into the scenario, it has nothing to do with anyone but him.

Michelle is a stranger to the truth. Everything has to do with her own pov. That is not journalism, it's really partisanship.

She's not a journalist. She is a professional partisan. That's my point. People may not respect what she does for a living, but few would say she sucks at it.

From her homepage:

I’m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Last edited:
I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

Why is it that I am a christian, and I've never knocked on anyone's door or walked up to anyone in a public place and tried to 'convert' them? Why is it that practically everyone I know, both friends and relatives, that are christians have never knocked on anyone's door or actively pursued anyone to 'convert'? Why doesn't my church have any such program that sends people out to randomly knock on doors and try to recruit 'converts'? Has anyone on this board, who is a christian, been sent out by their church or other christian organization to randomly knock on doors and try to convert people?

My point is that there is only a very small percentage of christian organizations and/or churches that go out and randomly knock on doors or go to public places to try to convert people. You are being completely dishonest in trying to imply that it happens 'all over the place' by a 'majority of christians', that is simply a lie.
Are you saying Catholic church, Lutheran church, Baptist church, Methodist church and Church of Christ don't have missionaries?
I did not try to imply anything of the sort of which you have accused me. I simply gave examples of experiences I've had with Christian proselytizers. They don't limit themselves to door knocking either, I've seen several "mainstream conservative christians" go overboard with the God talk in social situations. When I was a little kid, a Baptist neighbor screamed at me that I was going to go to hell because my parents didn't send me to Sunday School.

Okay, then why don't you tell me what percentage of christians go out door to door, or push their views on other people in public or social situations then?

And most of those churches do have missionaries, but they go where they're asked to go, they do not go push their views on random people in the street or in their own homes.

Are you saying Catholic church, Lutheran church, Baptist church, Methodist church and Church of Christ don't have missionaries?
I did not try to imply anything of the sort of which you have accused me. I simply gave examples of experiences I've had with Christian proselytizers. They don't limit themselves to door knocking either, I've seen several "mainstream conservative christians" go overboard with the God talk in social situations. When I was a little kid, a Baptist neighbor screamed at me that I was going to go to hell because my parents didn't send me to Sunday School.
Oh yeah, I just remembered the old Catholic lady down the street who called me all sorts of ugly names last spring when, after she kept insisting she wanted me to pray for her and me telling her several times that I hoped her leg injury would heal soon, I finally had to tell her I could not pray for her because I am an atheist but that I wished her a speedy recovery all the same.

Just a question...since you don't believe in God, what would it hurt to pray for/with her and make her feel better? What, do you think you're non-god will punish you?

So if someone says "Do these jeans make me look fat", do you answer honestly? Or try to make them feel better?

Excellent point, and that's what I'm referring too. I'm sure she would have an example for every day where some pushy christian was trying to push their views onto her. Why do atheists have such attitudes, and it's not just that they don't believe in God, they have disdain and hatred for those who do and they feel the need to talk about it every time a religious topic of some kind comes up. I just don't get it. I don't care if you don't want to believe in God, I have no desire to push my beliefs and views on anyone, but I won't stay quiet when it's insinuated that the majority of christians out there are trying to push their views on others when that simply is not true. Perhaps she's just had the luck to run across those few that do, but don't insinuate that most are doing the same. Most of the time I don't buy the stories anyway, I work in a rather large city and I've never had anyone come up to me in public and try to preach to me.

Oh yeah, I just remembered the old Catholic lady down the street who called me all sorts of ugly names last spring when, after she kept insisting she wanted me to pray for her and me telling her several times that I hoped her leg injury would heal soon, I finally had to tell her I could not pray for her because I am an atheist but that I wished her a speedy recovery all the same.

Just a question...since you don't believe in God, what would it hurt to pray for/with her and make her feel better? What, do you think you're non-god will punish you?

So if someone says "Do these jeans make me look fat", do you answer honestly? Or try to make them feel better?
How do you pray when you don't have a God to pray too? Why should I have to behave like a hypocrite for some bossy Catholic? I offered that woman my sincere sympathy, I helped her carry stuff. She was the one who kept insisting I perform some religious act.
I don't think lying to that woman was going to do her any good if it only reinforced her need to shove religion on people. Just because she's old doesn't mean she can't learn to be tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs.

Why should she when you're not tolerant of hers at all? You may say that you are, but it's apparent that you are not. Bossy Catholic? Are all Catholics bossy? Just like all christians are pushing their views on everyone? And it's called respect, she's an old lady so you humor her. There used to be a time in this country where respect was shown to the older generation, it's a shame that people put themselves ahead of others to the point where they can't show respect.

Last edited:
She's not a journalist. She is a professional partisan. That's my point. People may not respect what she does for a living, but few would say she sucks at it.

From her homepage:

I’m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Sarah G is a professional partisan as well, so she should easily be able to relate. :lol:

Excellent point, and that's what I'm referring too. I'm sure she would have an example for every day where some pushy christian was trying to push their views onto her. Why do atheists have such attitudes, and it's not just that they don't believe in God, they have disdain and hatred for those who do and they feel the need to talk about it every time a religious topic of some kind comes up. I just don't get it. I don't care if you don't want to believe in God, I have no desire to push my beliefs and views on anyone, but I won't stay quiet when it's insinuated that the majority of christians out there are trying to push their views on others when that simply is not true. Perhaps she's just had the luck to run across those few that do, but don't insinuate that most are doing the same. Most of the time I don't buy the stories anyway, I work in a rather large city and I've never had anyone come up to me in public and try to preach to me.

Back up a minute here. She has shown no "disdain and hatred" for those who believe in God. But it sounds like the Catholic lady down the street sure as hell displayed that towards her.

How do you pray when you don't have a God to pray too? Why should I have to behave like a hypocrite for some bossy Catholic? I offered that woman my sincere sympathy, I helped her carry stuff. She was the one who kept insisting I perform some religious act.
I don't think lying to that woman was going to do her any good if it only reinforced her need to shove religion on people. Just because she's old doesn't mean she can't learn to be tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs.

Why should she when you're not tolerant of hers at all? You may say that you are, but it's apparent that you are not. Bossy Catholic? Are all Catholics bossy? Just like all christians are pushing their views on everyone? And it's called respect, she's an old lady so you humor her. There used to be a time in this country where respect was shown to the older generation, it's a shame that people put themselves ahead of others to the point where they can't show respect.

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Back up a minute here. She has shown no "disdain and hatred" for those who believe in God. But it sounds like the Catholic lady down the street sure as hell displayed that towards her.

Perhaps not hatred, but disrespect and lack of tolerance. I don't like when someone insinuates that they're always having christian views shoved down their throat at every turn. That's why I asked her, if she's not insinuating that, to tell me what percentage of Christians she thinks are out actively doing that then?

And I'm having a very hard time picturing an elderly lady who is supposedly receiving assistance acting in such a manner, I'd say again that's not very likely to happen.

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
No. she said "some bossy Catholic."

Just like you're some idiot poster.

Are all posters idiots? No. But you certainly display that trait.

Forum List

Back