Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

How could he sue if he wasn't wronged? Are you for real?

:lol:

BTW, daddy's going to sue, (as posted by del earlier):

Emma, what was the 'incident'? What are they suing for exactly? You said the school released their side, so what exactly happened?

At least daddy has one person who believes his lies LOL

:lol: Is that all you have? Now you lie. I've posted previously that I didn't take either side, and that I thought the Dad was full of it when he cried 'racism'. You're the one championing the school and calling the Dad a liar, yet you have no idea what happend? Which one of us is dense?

I'm fucked up cause I see the irony of those of the left side of the aisle attacking a minority in favor of the state? Okay, whatever you say. :lol:
Somebody is seeing color here and it's not the 'left' side.

Red green brown black white. Doesn't matter what color a guy is if he's being a major moneygrubbing 'victimized' douchbag.

*sigh* That's my point, which seems to be going over your head. The left always sees color whenever it agrees with their ideology or gains them votes. They totally abandon it otherwise. It's called hypocrisy.
Bullshit.

I know you tried to use it at the counter, but your race card has expired.

How could he sue if he wasn't wronged? Are you for real?

:lol:

BTW, daddy's going to sue, (as posted by del earlier):

Emma, what was the 'incident'? What are they suing for exactly? You said the school released their side, so what exactly happened?
You're being purposefully obtuse.

The school is limited at to what they can say, as I said earlier: You KNOW that. There are privacy and legal reasons you cannot hear allllllllllllllll the details from their side.

Not now anyway. If they bring it to a court, I think you'll hear a shitload and be backing away from this obtuse stance you seem perpetually stuck in .

Right, so that automatically makes whatever the school did right. Why are you so willing to jump to that conclusion?

Somebody is seeing color here and it's not the 'left' side.

Red green brown black white. Doesn't matter what color a guy is if he's being a major moneygrubbing 'victimized' douchbag.

*sigh* That's my point, which seems to be going over your head. The left always sees color whenever it agrees with their ideology or gains them votes. They totally abandon it otherwise. It's called hypocrisy.
Bullshit.

You're welcome to your opinion, but what I said is the truth. If this were the police, instead of a school, the minority would be championed by those on the left as the victim. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise. Teachers and schools are known for being 'liberal', apparently more liberal than a minority, so they won in this battle.

At least daddy has one person who believes his lies LOL

:lol: Is that all you have? Now you lie. I've posted previously that I didn't take either side, and that I thought the Dad was full of it when he cried 'racism'. You're the one championing the school and calling the Dad a liar, yet you have no idea what happend? Which one of us is dense?

You're not taking sides? :lol:

Yeah, right.

I think the father is a liar. The school's press release indicates something DID happen two weeks ago; legally, there is only so much they can say d/t privacy issues. But it's clear the father is lying. The teacher did not request students to draw a picture about the holiday. The child wasn't suspended. The cross picture (if the kid really did draw it, and I have my doubts about that, too) is NOT what this is about. I suggest you go back and read the school district's statement again.

Yesterday, the boy’s father, Taunton school janitor Chester Johnson, declined to speak at first and referred me to his lawyer. Then, with virtually no prompting, he launched an expletive-laden tirade against the school department.

“What they did is what they did,” said Mr. Johnson, who insisted that school officials gave him the picture and said his son needed an evaluation. “My son drew a (expletive) cross with Jesus on it, and they interrogated him. I don’t give a (expletive) what they say. They know they’re wrong, and they’ll have to admit it in a court of law. You can’t mess with nobody’s (expletive) religion.”

He did say that he misunderstood his son, and that the boy was actually told to draw a Thanksgiving scene rather than a Christmas one. Asked if he planned to file a lawsuit, he said, “I just want them to apologize and transfer my son and leave me the (expletive) alone. But if my attorney sees something else, we’re going to roll with it.”

Hmmm.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Now why would the teacher ask the children to draw a Thanksgiving scene on December 2nd?

Telegram.com - A product of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Yesterday, the boy’s father, Taunton school janitor Chester Johnson, declined to speak at first and referred me to his lawyer. Then, with virtually no prompting, he launched an expletive-laden tirade against the school department.

“What they did is what they did,” said Mr. Johnson, who insisted that school officials gave him the picture and said his son needed an evaluation. “My son drew a (expletive) cross with Jesus on it, and they interrogated him. I don’t give a (expletive) what they say. They know they’re wrong, and they’ll have to admit it in a court of law. You can’t mess with nobody’s (expletive) religion.”

He did say that he misunderstood his son, and that the boy was actually told to draw a Thanksgiving scene rather than a Christmas one. Asked if he planned to file a lawsuit, he said, “I just want them to apologize and transfer my son and leave me the (expletive) alone. But if my attorney sees something else, we’re going to roll with it.”

Hmmm.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Now why would the teacher ask the children to draw a Thanksgiving scene on December 2nd?

Telegram.com - A product of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette
Hmmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

So the dad works for the school system as a janitor? Somebody didn't like their copays going up.

☭proletarian☭;1817188 said:
Bullshit.

I admit it...

I'm not really an angry black woman kept down by the evil White man...

:lol: I'm a conservative christian white woman, the stuff of your nightmares.

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

We used to get them (and some other denomination...can't recall which*) pretty regularly, until the little ol' lady two doors down ran 'em off with her late husband's service revolver :lol:

(*ETA: daughter says they're mormons; I've never answered the door for them lol)

I get them frequently. No problem, I like people, even those with different beliefs. The ones I like the best were the female mormons....They came to my door and asked if there was anything they could do for me...my back was aching and I said, "Well, you can come in and help me with my house work." Those 3 girls all in dresses did just that. They didn't proselytize or anything, they just came in and worked. I had them back the following week for dinner. I miss them and wish the girls would come around again, of course very few mormon girls actually do go out to minister.

I respect the Mormons and the Jehovah witnesses, going door to door is never easy and I know. My friend and I were out looking for host families for the Japanese students once and one man mistook us for Jehovah witnesses......needless to say he didn't host and when his neighbor recommended him as a reference, I asked her to recommend someone else.

The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

We used to get them (and some other denomination...can't recall which*) pretty regularly, until the little ol' lady two doors down ran 'em off with her late husband's service revolver :lol:

(*ETA: daughter says they're mormons; I've never answered the door for them lol)

I get them frequently. No problem, I like people, even those with different beliefs. The ones I like the best were the female mormons....They came to my door and asked if there was anything they could do for me...my back was aching and I said, "Well, you can come in and help me with my house work." Those 3 girls all in dresses did just that. They didn't proselytize or anything, they just came in and worked. I had them back the following week for dinner. I miss them and wish the girls would come around again, of course very few mormon girls actually do go out to minister.

I respect the Mormons and the Jehovah witnesses, going door to door is never easy and I know. My friend and I were out looking for host families for the Japanese students once and one man mistook us for Jehovah witnesses......needless to say he didn't host and when his neighbor recommended him as a reference, I asked her to recommend someone else.
I didn't mind them (never thought about asking them to do housework lol). Me and my neighbor did try to warn the Jehovah's Witnesses not to go to the little ol' lady's house. They didn't heed our warnings. Was fun to watch, tho' :lol:

Yeah, I guess you're in that 1% of Americans that may have had someone come to your door to try to convert you. I know of no church in my area that does anything like that, ever. I've heard of Jehovah's Witnesses doing it, but that's it.
I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

Why is it that I am a christian, and I've never knocked on anyone's door or walked up to anyone in a public place and tried to 'convert' them? Why is it that practically everyone I know, both friends and relatives, that are christians have never knocked on anyone's door or actively pursued anyone to 'convert'? Why doesn't my church have any such program that sends people out to randomly knock on doors and try to recruit 'converts'? Has anyone on this board, who is a christian, been sent out by their church or other christian organization to randomly knock on doors and try to convert people?

My point is that there is only a very small percentage of christian organizations and/or churches that go out and randomly knock on doors or go to public places to try to convert people. You are being completely dishonest in trying to imply that it happens 'all over the place' by a 'majority of christians', that is simply a lie.
Are you saying Catholic church, Lutheran church, Baptist church, Methodist church and Church of Christ don't have missionaries?
I did not try to imply anything of the sort of which you have accused me. I simply gave examples of experiences I've had with Christian proselytizers. They don't limit themselves to door knocking either, I've seen several "mainstream conservative christians" go overboard with the God talk in social situations. When I was a little kid, a Baptist neighbor screamed at me that I was going to go to hell because my parents didn't send me to Sunday School.

I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

Why is it that I am a christian, and I've never knocked on anyone's door or walked up to anyone in a public place and tried to 'convert' them? Why is it that practically everyone I know, both friends and relatives, that are christians have never knocked on anyone's door or actively pursued anyone to 'convert'? Why doesn't my church have any such program that sends people out to randomly knock on doors and try to recruit 'converts'? Has anyone on this board, who is a christian, been sent out by their church or other christian organization to randomly knock on doors and try to convert people?

My point is that there is only a very small percentage of christian organizations and/or churches that go out and randomly knock on doors or go to public places to try to convert people. You are being completely dishonest in trying to imply that it happens 'all over the place' by a 'majority of christians', that is simply a lie.
Are you saying Catholic church, Lutheran church, Baptist church, Methodist church and Church of Christ don't have missionaries?
I did not try to imply anything of the sort of which you have accused me. I simply gave examples of experiences I've had with Christian proselytizers. They don't limit themselves to door knocking either, I've seen several "mainstream conservative christians" go overboard with the God talk in social situations. When I was a little kid, a Baptist neighbor screamed at me that I was going to go to hell because my parents didn't send me to Sunday School.

Lutherans have a mission in Alaska. Most of the rest are in other countries. Our church supports a mission in Russia. Locally, we have a large Gym and sanctuary. We have a number of outside groups that use these resources as our outreach. There was a Montisory school for awhile too, but they grew and now have their own place.

To me, it seems people like to use any transgression or situation like you mention as an excuse for why they don't want to go to church. God gave you free will, so be it. Sinners outside the church and sinners inside too.

Freaky part of this thread is, two Jehovah's Witnesses came into work this morning with a pamphlet.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, I just remembered the old Catholic lady down the street who called me all sorts of ugly names last spring when, after she kept insisting she wanted me to pray for her and me telling her several times that I hoped her leg injury would heal soon, I finally had to tell her I could not pray for her because I am an atheist but that I wished her a speedy recovery all the same.

Oh yeah, I just remembered the old Catholic lady down the street who called me all sorts of ugly names last spring when, after she kept insisting she wanted me to pray for her and me telling her several times that I hoped her leg injury would heal soon, I finally had to tell her I could not pray for her because I am an atheist but that I wished her a speedy recovery all the same.

Just a question...since you don't believe in God, what would it hurt to pray for/with her and make her feel better? What, do you think you're non-god will punish you?

So if someone says "Do these jeans make me look fat", do you answer honestly? Or try to make them feel better?

Just a question...since you don't believe in God, what would it hurt to pray for/with her and make her feel better? What, do you think you're non-god will punish you?

So if someone says "Do these jeans make me look fat", do you answer honestly? Or try to make them feel better?
How do you pray when you don't have a God to pray too? Why should I have to behave like a hypocrite for some bossy Catholic? I offered that woman my sincere sympathy, I helped her carry stuff. She was the one who kept insisting I perform some religious act.
I don't think lying to that woman was going to do her any good if it only reinforced her need to shove religion on people. Just because she's old doesn't mean she can't learn to be tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs.

lol

How DARE you wish her well?!?!

Michelle Malkin is full of shit as usual. He wasn't suspended. the person on the cross was himself. He put his name above it. Maybe he needs some counselling.

Come on right, you can do better than this horseshit.

Forum List

Back