Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Excellent point, and that's what I'm referring too. I'm sure she would have an example for every day where some pushy christian was trying to push their views onto her. Why do atheists have such attitudes, and it's not just that they don't believe in God, they have disdain and hatred for those who do and they feel the need to talk about it every time a religious topic of some kind comes up. I just don't get it. I don't care if you don't want to believe in God, I have no desire to push my beliefs and views on anyone, but I won't stay quiet when it's insinuated that the majority of christians out there are trying to push their views on others when that simply is not true. Perhaps she's just had the luck to run across those few that do, but don't insinuate that most are doing the same. Most of the time I don't buy the stories anyway, I work in a rather large city and I've never had anyone come up to me in public and try to preach to me.

Back up a minute here. She has shown no "disdain and hatred" for those who believe in God. But it sounds like the Catholic lady down the street sure as hell displayed that towards her.

Perhaps not hatred, but disrespect and lack of tolerance. I don't like when someone insinuates that they're always having christian views shoved down their throat at every turn. That's why I asked her, if she's not insinuating that, to tell me what percentage of Christians she thinks are out actively doing that then?
I don't recall her saying 'Christian views shoved down her throat at every turn'.

You seem to take whatever anyone says and turn it into a generalization, twisting and exaggerating it to mean something they never said.

And I'm having a very hard time picturing an elderly lady who is supposedly receiving assistance acting in such a manner, I'd say again that's not very likely to happen.

I don't have any reason to doubt her account.

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
No. she said "some bossy Catholic."

Just like you're some idiot poster.

Are all posters idiots? No. But you certainly display that trait.

Does it make you feel better to insult someone just because you don't agree with their opinions or views?

But, not to worry, my opinion of you is not much better, if any. :lol:

Merry Christmas, and I hope God blesses you and your family over the holidays.

Back up a minute here. She has shown no "disdain and hatred" for those who believe in God. But it sounds like the Catholic lady down the street sure as hell displayed that towards her.

Perhaps not hatred, but disrespect and lack of tolerance. I don't like when someone insinuates that they're always having christian views shoved down their throat at every turn. That's why I asked her, if she's not insinuating that, to tell me what percentage of Christians she thinks are out actively doing that then?
I don't recall her saying 'Christian views shoved down her throat at every turn'.

You seem to take whatever anyone says and turn it into a generalization, twisting and exaggerating it to mean something they never said.

And I'm having a very hard time picturing an elderly lady who is supposedly receiving assistance acting in such a manner, I'd say again that's not very likely to happen.

I don't have any reason to doubt her account.

I didn't expect you to see her saying that Emma. :lol: Nor would I expect you to doubt her, it's very plain who's camp you're in and where your loyalties lie.

Why should she when you're not tolerant of hers at all? You may say that you are, but it's apparent that you are not. Bossy Catholic? Are all Catholics bossy? Just like all christians are pushing their views on everyone? And it's called respect, she's an old lady so you humor her. There used to be a time in this country where respect was shown to the older generation, it's a shame that people put themselves ahead of others to the point where they can't show respect.

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
Describing the lady she encountered.

It means that woman was acting bossy, insisting she pray for her in spite of her repeatedly saying wished her well.

This is hilarious, considering the discussion was about you challenging her on what "mainstream" denominations of people had been pushy toward her.

Yeah, I guess you're in that 1% of Americans that may have had someone come to your door to try to convert you. I know of no church in my area that does anything like that, ever. I've heard of Jehovah's Witnesses doing it, but that's it.
I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

You challenge her that Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons aren't "mainstream", and even mention Catholic as an example of "mainstream" in your post, then attack her for being "intolerant" when she gives you an example of a Catholic being pushy.

You're a hoot :lol:

Last edited:
The school says the boy had other incidents , Was never asked to draw the picture , That the picture the father showed the news was not the picture he drew , The picture he drew was a picture of himself on the cross and was labeled by the child as such.

Malkin kinda left alot of the story out......WHY????

Describing the lady she encountered.

It means that woman was acting bossy, insisting she pray for her in spite of her repeatedly saying wished her well.

This is hilarious, considering the discussion was about you challenging her on what "mainstream" denominations of people had been pushy toward her.

I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

You challenge her that Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons aren't "mainstream", and even mention Catholic as an example of "mainstream" in your post, then attack her for being "intolerant" when she gives you an example of a Catholic being pushy.

You're a hoot :lol:

I find you quite amusing as well Emma, so it seems we're on the same page there anyway.

She gave a questionable example of one catholic out of a billion that she encountered trying to take groceries into her house who asked her to pray for her, and you call that someone pushing their views on you? Okay.

Tell me Emma, what percentage of christians do you think go around in their daily lives pushing their views on people in social and/or public situations or coming directly to the home to push them?

I didn't expect you to see her saying that Emma. :lol: Nor would I expect you to doubt her, it's very plain who's camp you're in and where your loyalties lie.

What camp would that be?
It pretty obvious Newby here is in the "I don't like you so I'm going to disagree with everything you say" camp.

Why would I not like you? Because you think I'm an idiot and said so? I've never personally insulted you or had any reason to dislike you. Why would I until you called me an idiot? And even then, I wished you and your family the best. You people need to grow up.

Why don't you try debating instead of personally insulting? Maybe because you can't?

Hey Newbs: Would you pray to Allah, at the request of an Islamic person who asked?

"Humor them" as you say?

Yes, Allah is their God, and I would respect them and pray for them in my own way. Why is it that those on the left preach tolerance and acceptance and respect of other people's customs and beliefs, but have such a hard time practicing what they preach?

What camp would that be?
It pretty obvious Newby here is in the "I don't like you so I'm going to disagree with everything you say" camp.

Why would I not like you? Because you think I'm an idiot and said so? I've never personally insulted you or had any reason to dislike you. Why would I until you called me an idiot? And even then, I wished you and your family the best. You people need to grow up.

Why don't you try debating instead of personally insulting? Maybe because you can't?
I'll always remember our first encounter Newby.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1547868-post53.html

After that episode, I had you pegged. Looks like your still the same old same old.

Hey Newbs: Would you pray to Allah, at the request of an Islamic person who asked?

"Humor them" as you say?

Yes, Allah is their God, and I would respect them and pray for them in my own way. Why is it that those on the left preach tolerance and acceptance and respect of other people's customs and beliefs, but have such a hard time practicing what they preach?
No, not in YOUR way, their way.

That is exactly what Anguille said she would do. Her way.

Yet you took offense becasue it wasn't doing it the old lady's way.

Why wouldn't you do it in their way: Send your prayers in the form of a religion you don't believe in?

I'll always remember our first encounter Newby.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1547868-post53.html

After that episode, I had you pegged. Looks like your still the same old same old.

From your post that you linked:

and certainly in regards to the meandering post about the <cue spooky music> End Times, and the Mark of the Beast, <oooo> and wild conspiratorial theories about implanting a freaking chip in your forehead as part of God's Great Rapture Rustle-up the poster was responding to

You are making fun of, putting down, showing disdain for, being disrespectful towards everyone who holds those beliefs. How is that any different than some christian saying that all atheists are going to hell for not believing and making comments about atheists and their non-beliefs in general? When that happens, it's an 'OMG' moment and christians are just horrid, terrible, judgemental people. Are you claiming that your comments are not judgemental and belittling?

Forum List

Back