Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
:cuckoo:

I wonder what percentage of Christians make a habit of deliberately twisting the words of atheists in order to misrepresent them?

They lied and lied and lied last November here in California. Those Ten Commandments are overrated.

You posted a link for anyone to follow and read, I didn't cut anything off for any purpose. Are you claiming that you weren't judgmental then? Why don't you just say that you have no respect for that poster's beliefs then? You made fun of them and belittled them, period, I don't care what you thought about them, you had no respect for his or her beliefs. Not only did you not have respect, you felt the need to tell everyone on here as well in a manner to put them down and make them look like a fool. If you don't like having that pointed out and commented out, tough shit, then don't make the insulting comments to begin with.
That's cute...little Miss Judgmental "you should have prayed for her even if you are not christian" is giving lectures about being judgmental.

What a hoot.

Did you miss Judgmental?

I'll believe in what I want, when I want, and where I want. I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm equally sick of empty souless pathetic losers telling me what I should believe and what I shouldn't. And I don't give a flying fuck how strongly you feel about anything. You are meaningless.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

I never claimed to not have judgments or opinions, I only claimed that the majority of Christians do not go around pushing their views on others. You're the one that claims to never judge people, but not only do you judge, you openly mock and belittle others beliefs until you push someone to lose their temper and to give you a response like you saw above. Why don't you post what that was in response too as well, why not put a link to the entire thread?
I never claimed to not judge people. Not once. Once again you are lying.

Anyone can click on the link at the top of that post and it brings you to the entire thread.

The same one where you went off like a banshee on me when I simply asked
"Do you extend that same courtesy to Muslims who imagine the 72 virgins they will get in heaven?"

I'll be leaving here soon for a meeting. I hope the rest of your day is not filled with as many lies as the first half has been.

What's NOT to make fun of? It's certifiable stuff.

Such acceptance and tolerance Bodecea, thanks. Is it just christianity that's certifiable or do Jews, Muslims, and other religious beliefs fall under the 'certifiable' (and therefore open to disrespect) category as well?

I love how you pick and chose and lie about what people say...You must be an outstanding member of the Church of St. Luby's. A deacon, perhaps?

Believing in End Times is certifiable...yes.

Believing in the Mark of the Beast is certifiable...yes

Believing in some Rapture transportation is certifiable...yes.

The religion in and of itself...if followed...is a pretty good idea...except for the torture device symbol and the cannibalism stuff. Unfortunately, saying you believe on Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Man and the Golden Rule and actually following those tenets is two separate things.

So, you take no offense at all when someone says that not believing there is a higher power is 'certifiable' then? You wouldn't take that as disrespect for you at all? And you make yourself sound like a fool whenever you say what I have bolded above, it shows you have no understanding of the subject you are talking about.

I find you quite amusing as well Emma, so it seems we're on the same page there anyway.

She gave a questionable example of one catholic out of a billion that she encountered trying to take groceries into her house who asked her to pray for her, and you call that someone pushing their views on you? Okay.

Tell me Emma, what percentage of christians do you think go around in their daily lives pushing their views on people in social and/or public situations or coming directly to the home to push them?

Here's an example of your lamentable reading comprehension skills.

I never said I helped carry her groceries or that I entered her house.

I never said what it was I carried for her.

You really DO have a problem with comprehension. She never said all Catholics are bossy... she's talking about one encounter. As far as respect goes, being old doesn't give one the right to act like an ass.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
:cuckoo:

I wonder what percentage of Christians make a habit of deliberately twisting the words of atheists in order to misrepresent them?

Oh, so you meant she happened to be both bossy and catholic and one had nothign to do with the other in your mind? :lol:

I find you quite amusing as well Emma, so it seems we're on the same page there anyway.

She gave a questionable example of one catholic out of a billion that she encountered trying to take groceries into her house who asked her to pray for her, and you call that someone pushing their views on you? Okay.

Tell me Emma, what percentage of christians do you think go around in their daily lives pushing their views on people in social and/or public situations or coming directly to the home to push them?

Here's an example of your lamentable reading comprehension skills.

I never said I helped carry her groceries or that I entered her house.

I never said what it was I carried for her.

Yeah, that was important to the topic and to the point. Does it really matter what you were carrying or whether or not you went into her house? I guess it was just a way for you to insult me, bravo to you. :clap2:

Hey Newbs: Would you pray to Allah, at the request of an Islamic person who asked?

"Humor them" as you say?

Yes, Allah is their God, and I would respect them and pray for them in my own way. Why is it that those on the left preach tolerance and acceptance and respect of other people's customs and beliefs, but have such a hard time practicing what they preach?
Hypocrite!!!

You blast me for respecting her and wishing her well in my own way. But you have no problem reserving the right not to compromise your religious beliefs for yourself.

Your refusal to pray to Allah is the same as me not praying to your Christian god.

Such acceptance and tolerance Bodecea, thanks. Is it just christianity that's certifiable or do Jews, Muslims, and other religious beliefs fall under the 'certifiable' (and therefore open to disrespect) category as well?

I love how you pick and chose and lie about what people say...You must be an outstanding member of the Church of St. Luby's. A deacon, perhaps?

Believing in End Times is certifiable...yes.

Believing in the Mark of the Beast is certifiable...yes

Believing in some Rapture transportation is certifiable...yes.

The religion in and of itself...if followed...is a pretty good idea...except for the torture device symbol and the cannibalism stuff. Unfortunately, saying you believe on Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Man and the Golden Rule and actually following those tenets is two separate things.

So, you take no offense at all when someone says that not believing there is a higher power is 'certifiable' then? You wouldn't take that as disrespect for you at all? And you make yourself sound like a fool whenever you say what I have bolded above, it shows you have no understanding of the subject you are talking about.
Myself, I could give a flying fig if people tell me I'm crazy for not believing in God or that I'm going to burn a scorching death for all eternity cause I didn't accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I laugh.
Some of us are not as sensitive as you are.

Poor thing.

Yes, Allah is their God, and I would respect them and pray for them in my own way. Why is it that those on the left preach tolerance and acceptance and respect of other people's customs and beliefs, but have such a hard time practicing what they preach?
No, not in YOUR way, their way.

That is exactly what Anguille said she would do. Her way.

Yet you took offense becasue it wasn't doing it the old lady's way.

Why wouldn't you do it in their way: Send your prayers in the form of a religion you don't believe in?

They wouldn't know what way I was doing it in, since prayer is a personal thing. I would do it to make them feel better and to respect their feelings, especially someone who was older and maybe needed comfort. If this were a reversed situation and the elderly lady was an atheist and the helper was a christian and offered to pray and help her, you would say that christians only offer help if they can force their views on someone. It doesn't matter, anyone with religious beliefs is to be mocked by you anyway.

Then that would make you a liar as well as a hypocrite.

May Allah forgive you. :lol:

I'm sure most Christians are good people, but those who I have encountered PUSHING their religion on others, either door to door, on a website, thru the mail, on street corners use lies like the rest of us use air. Seriously.

I can't say as I've ever had an atheist knock on my door or approach me on the street and run on in some insane way about what dire and justified tortures awaited me if I didn't immediately repent of my "believing ways" and embrace atheism!

Hey Newbs: Would you pray to Allah, at the request of an Islamic person who asked?

"Humor them" as you say?

Hypocrite!!!

You blast me for respecting her and wishing her well in my own way. But you have no problem reserving the right not to compromise your religious beliefs for yourself.

Your refusal to pray to Allah is the same as me not praying to your Christian god.

I didn't say I'd refuse to pray to Allah, Allah is God.

So, you wished her well, helped her carry something, somewhere and she was a total harpy to you, is that what you're saying?

Yet another wonderful display of tolerance and acceptance of others beliefs. Amazing.

What's even better is that she claims to know what Christianity teaches and then proceeds to write about her distorted views and opinions of it as if they were fact.
She could be a Christian too, you know.

In any case I think she has a better grasp on it than you do.

Like I say, you make Christians look bad.

No, not in YOUR way, their way.

That is exactly what Anguille said she would do. Her way.

Yet you took offense becasue it wasn't doing it the old lady's way.

Why wouldn't you do it in their way: Send your prayers in the form of a religion you don't believe in?

They wouldn't know what way I was doing it in, since prayer is a personal thing. I would do it to make them feel better and to respect their feelings, especially someone who was older and maybe needed comfort. If this were a reversed situation and the elderly lady was an atheist and the helper was a christian and offered to pray and help her, you would say that christians only offer help if they can force their views on someone. It doesn't matter, anyone with religious beliefs is to be mocked by you anyway.

Then that would make you a liar as well as a hypocrite.

May Allah forgive you. :lol:

Ah, so full of yourself and your judgments of others. And you call me the hypocrit?

I'm sure most Christians are good people, but those who I have encountered PUSHING their religion on others, either door to door, on a website, thru the mail, on street corners use lies like the rest of us use air. Seriously.

I can't say as I've ever had an atheist knock on my door or approach me on the street and run on in some insane way about what dire and justified tortures awaited me if I didn't immediately repent of my "believing ways" and embrace atheism!

No, apparently they just like to belittle and put down others for their beliefs on message boards, and then convince themselves that they're tolerant and everyone should be more peaceful like them and the world would be a better place. And this is of course after they've put down and insulted others as much as their intellect would allow them too.

No, apparently they just like to belittle and put down others for their beliefs on message boards, and then convince themselves that they're tolerant and everyone should be more peaceful like them and the world would be a better place. And this is of course after they've put down and insulted others as much as their intellect would allow them too.

Can you see your house from up there on that martyr cross?

That's cute...little Miss Judgmental "you should have prayed for her even if you are not christian" is giving lectures about being judgmental.

What a hoot.

Did you miss Judgmental?

Maybe you should take your own advice.

I never claimed to not have judgments or opinions, I only claimed that the majority of Christians do not go around pushing their views on others. You're the one that claims to never judge people, but not only do you judge, you openly mock and belittle others beliefs until you push someone to lose their temper and to give you a response like you saw above. Why don't you post what that was in response too as well, why not put a link to the entire thread?
I never claimed to not judge people. Not once. Once again you are lying.

Anyone can click on the link at the top of that post and it brings you to the entire thread.

The same one where you went off like a banshee on me when I simply asked
"Do you extend that same courtesy to Muslims who imagine the 72 virgins they will get in heaven?"

I'll be leaving here soon for a meeting. I hope the rest of your day is not filled with as many lies as the first half has been.

Here is the entire thread. You posted a link to only one post. It was another thread to bash the beliefs of others, one of many on this site. You made assumptions about me that were wrong, but I know that you're allowed to do that right, it's only others that cannot.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/89125-the-bible-is-being-fulfilled-3.html

Can you see your house from up there on that martyr cross?

What's the matter, doesn't that 'holier than thou' stuff work for you like you thought? You show intolerance towards people's beliefs, and now they're martyrs when you're called on it? Must be nice to think you're perfect.

Excellent point, and that's what I'm referring too. I'm sure she would have an example for every day where some pushy christian was trying to push their views onto her. Why do atheists have such attitudes, and it's not just that they don't believe in God, they have disdain and hatred for those who do and they feel the need to talk about it every time a religious topic of some kind comes up. I just don't get it. I don't care if you don't want to believe in God, I have no desire to push my beliefs and views on anyone, but I won't stay quiet when it's insinuated that the majority of christians out there are trying to push their views on others when that simply is not true. Perhaps she's just had the luck to run across those few that do, but don't insinuate that most are doing the same. Most of the time I don't buy the stories anyway, I work in a rather large city and I've never had anyone come up to me in public and try to preach to me.
Someone in a post above asked if anyone had been approached by proselytizing Christians. I answered the question and gave examples. I made no other comment about Christians in general. You're just try to twist my words and then claim I said things I never said.

You're not worth debating with if you can't be honest.

You make Christians look bad.

Then why don't you say what percentage of Christians push their beliefs on others then? I make Christians look bad because I won't sit quietly by while people make fun of my beliefs and make false claims?
BecauseI don't know what percentage of Christians push their beliefs on others and have never claimed to know. Have studies been done? Can you prove no Christian ever does that?

I can only relate my experience and in my experience I have never had a Jew or a Muslim or an Atheist or a Zoroastrian for that matter try to push his/her beliefs on me. I've had a few Hari Kris has do it and a Buddhist got a little pushy once but otherwise it's always been Christians that have tried to convert me.

I saw an interesting thing on PBS the other day about the Apostle Paul. Apparently he was convinced Jesus would not come back to earth till all the Jews and Gentiles were converted and that Christians should go forth and try to convert them. It seems a lot of Christians take that directive from the bible and follow his wishes.

Yet another wonderful display of tolerance and acceptance of others beliefs. Amazing.

What's even better is that she claims to know what Christianity teaches and then proceeds to write about her distorted views and opinions of it as if they were fact.
She could be a Christian too, you know.

In any case I think she has a better grasp on it than you do.

Like I say, you make Christians look bad.

She could be a christian too? Seroiusly? Why did you erase what she said when you quoted it then? You read that and thought she could be a christian? Seriously? :lol:

Christianity teaches that we humans are to be more like "Jesus," are to emulate his behavior, and to accept that "suffering is good for the soul," and other such. For children, how are they to know that that is not the literal truth, that it really doesn't apply, and all the other, when whole families, communities, and nations are hoaxed by this crap, and do not adequately explain religion and its peculiarities to the children. Children do not get things like death being permanent, or the horror perpetrated by humans on other humans by the crucifixion punishment, that it is about barbarity of one group to another for political reasons.... children don't get that that a religion of supposed love and compassion has always idolized torture, cannibalizes its god, and is responsible, like many other religions are responsible for the majority of idiocy loose in the world.

I think the parents of this kid also ought to be referred for some counseling about actually communicating with their children..... And maybe with a few suggestions about indoctrinating children with cult crap!

Forum List

Back