Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Newby, you should watch and learn:

Zeitgeist, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition

If you must have a mythology to manage your life, so be it. That is what you choose.

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing, the truly mentally ill (chemical imbalance, brain damaged or whatever) excepted.

Isn't it interesting how you chose to cut off my sentence, which started with:
Why did you do that? Is it because it weakened your little jab? Pertty sure that's why.

Because my post was in reply to Catbert
who went on about the End Times, and how there would be a One Wolrd currency,
"incredible famine, disease, brutality, and enslavement. The concept of a one world government..." the Mark of the Beast and how we are all going to have a freakin chip planted in our forehead as the doomed End of Man draws nigh.

Yeah, I think that's a crazy. You think it's sane. Nuff said.

Personally, I find that a completely unproductive way to live, thinking disease, drought, horrible disaster, locusts, famine and the bleakest outlook possible for the future is what lays around the corner...well, not exactly bleak - the way it's told, some supernatural being is going to swoop you up into the sky to live with ponies and rainbows, green clovers and magical stars.

Silly. But that's just me.

Yes, I'm entitled to my opinion and I don't have a rip shit when people tell me if I don't believe and that I will sizzle like bacon for all of eternity and go on and on about my lost eternal soul. .

YOU freak out if anyone finds your opinions silly though.

Unlike you, I see silliness for what it is.

You posted a link for anyone to follow and read, I didn't cut anything off for any purpose. Are you claiming that you weren't judgmental then? Why don't you just say that you have no respect for that poster's beliefs then? You made fun of them and belittled them, period, I don't care what you thought about them, you had no respect for his or her beliefs. Not only did you not have respect, you felt the need to tell everyone on here as well in a manner to put them down and make them look like a fool. If you don't like having that pointed out and commented out, tough shit, then don't make the insulting comments to begin with.
That's cute...little Miss Judgmental "you should have prayed for her even if you are not christian" is giving lectures about being judgmental.

What a hoot.

Did you miss Judgmental?
What a sick little fascist you are.

I'll believe in what I want, when I want, and where I want. I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm equally sick of empty souless pathetic losers telling me what I should believe and what I shouldn't. And I don't give a flying fuck how strongly you feel about anything. You are meaningless.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

It appears that with Newby it's do as I say, not as I do.

Someone in a post above asked if anyone had been approached by proselytizing Christians. I answered the question and gave examples. I made no other comment about Christians in general. You're just try to twist my words and then claim I said things I never said.

You're not worth debating with if you can't be honest.

You make Christians look bad.

Then why don't you say what percentage of Christians push their beliefs on others then? I make Christians look bad because I won't sit quietly by while people make fun of my beliefs and make false claims?
BecauseI don't know what percentage of Christians push their beliefs on others and have never claimed to know. Have studies been done? Can you prove no Christian ever does that?

I can only relate my experience and in my experience I have never had a Jew or a Muslim or an Atheist or a Zoroastrian for that matter try to push his/her beliefs on me. I've had a few Hari Kris has do it and a Buddhist got a little pushy once but otherwise it's always been Christians that have tried to convert me.

I saw an interesting thing on PBS the other day about the Apostle Paul. Apparently he was convinced Jesus would not come back to earth till all the Jews and Gentiles were converted and that Christians should go forth and try to convert them. It seems a lot of Christians take that directive from the bible and follow his wishes.

I must live a sheltered life, I've never been approached by anyone of any religous denomination, and you seem to have them everywhere around you. And what exactly is 'try to convert you'? They told you about their beliefs?

A lot of christians take that directive? So, you won't say a percentage, but you'll say 'a lot'? I refuse to give you my take on it, I don't want you to be able to use me as yet another pushy christian trying to convert you.

Newby, you should watch and learn:

Zeitgeist, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition

If you must have a mythology to manage your life, so be it. That is what you choose.

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing, the truly mentally ill (chemical imbalance, brain damaged or whatever) excepted.

I should watch and learn? Are you pushing your beliefs on me?

They should do a clinical study why people who hold disdain for religion feel such a strong urge to insult it and belittle it at every opportunity they have and then push those views and beliefs on everyone they talk too.

You posted a link for anyone to follow and read, I didn't cut anything off for any purpose. Are you claiming that you weren't judgmental then? Why don't you just say that you have no respect for that poster's beliefs then? You made fun of them and belittled them, period, I don't care what you thought about them, you had no respect for his or her beliefs. Not only did you not have respect, you felt the need to tell everyone on here as well in a manner to put them down and make them look like a fool. If you don't like having that pointed out and commented out, tough shit, then don't make the insulting comments to begin with.
That's cute...little Miss Judgmental "you should have prayed for her even if you are not christian" is giving lectures about being judgmental.

What a hoot.

Did you miss Judgmental?

I'll believe in what I want, when I want, and where I want. I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm equally sick of empty souless pathetic losers telling me what I should believe and what I shouldn't. And I don't give a flying fuck how strongly you feel about anything. You are meaningless.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

It appears that with Newby it's do as I say, not as I do.

Really? Where on here did I ever tell you what to believe? Showing respect to the elderly or another individual has nothing to do with religious belief, in case you were going there.

Emma, it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. What does 'bossy Catholic' mean then? I guess I wasn't supposed to think that the adjective 'bossy' was describing the noun 'Catholic' when it was placed right in front of it? I think she said what she meant, and meant was she said.
:cuckoo:

I wonder what percentage of Christians make a habit of deliberately twisting the words of atheists in order to misrepresent them?

Oh, so you meant she happened to be both bossy and catholic and one had nothign to do with the other in your mind? :lol:

That's about right. I don't know if the Catholic religion made her bossy or not. I do know plenty of Catholics who are not bossy or intolerant.

You need to get off this dead end if you want to regain any credence anyone may have given to you.

You been shown how you twist words and continuing to deny the obvious only makes the obvious more obvious.

I find you quite amusing as well Emma, so it seems we're on the same page there anyway.

She gave a questionable example of one catholic out of a billion that she encountered trying to take groceries into her house who asked her to pray for her, and you call that someone pushing their views on you? Okay.

Tell me Emma, what percentage of christians do you think go around in their daily lives pushing their views on people in social and/or public situations or coming directly to the home to push them?

Here's an example of your lamentable reading comprehension skills.

I never said I helped carry her groceries or that I entered her house.

I never said what it was I carried for her.

Yeah, that was important to the topic and to the point. Does it really matter what you were carrying or whether or not you went into her house? I guess it was just a way for you to insult me, bravo to you. :clap2:
:eusa_boohoo:
Like you haven't repeatedly insulted me in this thread?

:cuckoo:

I wonder what percentage of Christians make a habit of deliberately twisting the words of atheists in order to misrepresent them?

Oh, so you meant she happened to be both bossy and catholic and one had nothign to do with the other in your mind? :lol:

That's about right. I don't know if the Catholic religion made her bossy or not. I do know plenty of Catholics who are not bossy or intolerant.

You need to get off this dead end if you want to regain any credence anyone may have given to you.

You been shown how you twist words and continuing to deny the obvious only makes the obvious more obvious.

Honey, I didn't twist anything, you said she was a bossy catholic, not me. I really don't care if I have any credence with certain people on here, and if it means letting people bash and belittle my beliefs to have it, you can keep your so-called credence cause it's not worth a damn thing to me. This isn't a little clique and this isn't high school, I don't care if the 'popular girls' don't like me if it means giving up my self respect and my beliefs.

I'm sure most Christians are good people, but those who I have encountered PUSHING their religion on others, either door to door, on a website, thru the mail, on street corners use lies like the rest of us use air. Seriously.

I can't say as I've ever had an atheist knock on my door or approach me on the street and run on in some insane way about what dire and justified tortures awaited me if I didn't immediately repent of my "believing ways" and embrace atheism!
Neither have I, but I bet Newby's gonna tell us next that it happens to her several times a day. :lol:

Hey guys i have an update on my previous position.

I have seen the drawing now where the kid put his name up there above the cross. I have also heard he told the teacher it was him on the cross (this can't be confirmed/denied with 100% authority but thats what the teachers said).

With that knowledge I think the school did the right thing in requiring a psych eval for the boy.

Imagine if 2 days after the artwork the kid killed himself or something, there would have been major lawsuits against the school.

Here's an example of your lamentable reading comprehension skills.

I never said I helped carry her groceries or that I entered her house.

I never said what it was I carried for her.

Yeah, that was important to the topic and to the point. Does it really matter what you were carrying or whether or not you went into her house? I guess it was just a way for you to insult me, bravo to you. :clap2:
:eusa_boohoo:
Like you haven't repeatedly insulted me in this thread?

And I apologize, you are not as some of the others on here are.

Yes, Allah is their God, and I would respect them and pray for them in my own way. Why is it that those on the left preach tolerance and acceptance and respect of other people's customs and beliefs, but have such a hard time practicing what they preach?
Hypocrite!!!

You blast me for respecting her and wishing her well in my own way. But you have no problem reserving the right not to compromise your religious beliefs for yourself.

Your refusal to pray to Allah is the same as me not praying to your Christian god.

I didn't say I'd refuse to pray to Allah, Allah is God.

You said you would pray in your own way, not the way they asked you to.

So, you wished her well, helped her carry something, somewhere and she was a total harpy to you, is that what you're saying?
Hello!!! Are you finally getting the picture?

I'm sure most Christians are good people, but those who I have encountered PUSHING their religion on others, either door to door, on a website, thru the mail, on street corners use lies like the rest of us use air. Seriously.

I can't say as I've ever had an atheist knock on my door or approach me on the street and run on in some insane way about what dire and justified tortures awaited me if I didn't immediately repent of my "believing ways" and embrace atheism!
Neither have I, but I bet Newby's gonna tell us next that it happens to her several times a day. :lol:

No, I don't feel the need to make false claims in an attempt to prove anything. I can say that I havn't had very many nice and respectful discussions with many atheists because 'a lot' of the times (on here anyway) there is no respect from them. Just go read the thread that Paper talked about ealier, and that I provided a link for.

No, apparently they just like to belittle and put down others for their beliefs on message boards, and then convince themselves that they're tolerant and everyone should be more peaceful like them and the world would be a better place. And this is of course after they've put down and insulted others as much as their intellect would allow them too.

Can you see your house from up there on that martyr cross?

What's the matter, doesn't that 'holier than thou' stuff work for you like you thought? You show intolerance towards people's beliefs, and now they're martyrs when you're called on it? Must be nice to think you're perfect.

buddychrist1sm.jpg

They wouldn't know what way I was doing it in, since prayer is a personal thing. I would do it to make them feel better and to respect their feelings, especially someone who was older and maybe needed comfort. If this were a reversed situation and the elderly lady was an atheist and the helper was a christian and offered to pray and help her, you would say that christians only offer help if they can force their views on someone. It doesn't matter, anyone with religious beliefs is to be mocked by you anyway.

Then that would make you a liar as well as a hypocrite.

May Allah forgive you. :lol:

Ah, so full of yourself and your judgments of others. And you call me the hypocrit?
Yes, indeed, you are one.

EDIT : Never mind., I hadn't yet seen your friendly post above when I wrote this.

Last edited:

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing,

you mean... personal responsibility?

Hypocrite!!!

You blast me for respecting her and wishing her well in my own way. But you have no problem reserving the right not to compromise your religious beliefs for yourself.

Your refusal to pray to Allah is the same as me not praying to your Christian god.

I didn't say I'd refuse to pray to Allah, Allah is God.

You said you would pray in your own way, not the way they asked you to.

So, you wished her well, helped her carry something, somewhere and she was a total harpy to you, is that what you're saying?
Hello!!! Are you finally getting the picture?

Prayer is typically silent, and I think we're splitting hairs here. I said I would respect their beliefs and their customs, and I would.

How do you know that she wasn't a pushy bitch regardless of her religious beliefs? Why do you automatically tie them together? I've known plenty of people that I didn't care for that are christian, I don't let that color how I view christians or make any generalities about them as a group.

☭proletarian☭;1820894 said:

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing,

you mean... personal responsibility?

Yeah, a conservative tenet, who would have thought?

Forum List

Back