Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Hey guys i have an update on my previous position.

I have seen the drawing now where the kid put his name up there above the cross. I have also heard he told the teacher it was him on the cross (this can't be confirmed/denied with 100% authority but thats what the teachers said).

With that knowledge I think the school did the right thing in requiring a psych eval for the boy.

Imagine if 2 days after the artwork the kid killed himself or something
, there would have been major lawsuits against the school.
Not only would the lawsuits be a bad thing but his death would be a tragedy. I'm sure you meant that too.

Kudos to you for keeping an open mind and changing your position when you felt the evidence was strong enough to do so.

How do you know that she wasn't a pushy bitch regardless of her religious beliefs? Why do you automatically tie them together?

[

Oh, so you meant she happened to be both bossy and catholic and one had nothign to do with the other in your mind? :lol:

That's about right. I don't know if the Catholic religion made her bossy or not. I do know plenty of Catholics who are not bossy or intolerant.

You need to get off this dead end if you want to regain any credence anyone may have given to you.

You been shown how you twist words and continuing to deny the obvious only makes the obvious more obvious.

:eusa_whistle:

☭proletarian☭;1820894 said:
If you must have a mythology to manage your life, so be it. That is what you choose.

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing,

you mean... personal responsibility?

OH MY GOODNESS the HORROR of it, taking responsibility for one's own actions, because there was/is no devil making us do bad things!

I have seen the drawing now where the kid put his name up there above the cross. I have also heard he told the teacher it was him on the cross (this can't be confirmed/denied with 100% authority but thats what the teachers said).

With that knowledge I think the school did the right thing in requiring a psych eval for the boy.

Imagine if 2 days after the artwork the kid killed himself or something, there would have been major lawsuits against the school.

I'm sure Emma or one of the others will chime in and tell you that the teacher did not say that she heard him say that it was him on the cross. It was the father that told the media that she said that. That wasn't the picture that caused the controversy to begin with according to the school. If you read, you will see. Just skip all of the insulting posts for 3 or 4 pages, I'm done with it being in a 5 on 1 battle to begin with.

If you must have a mythology to manage your life, so be it. That is what you choose.

For many of us, though, doing the next right thing simply because it is the right thing to do is enough, its own reward. We don't find it necessary to be threatened with eternal hellfire or whatever to be coerced into decency, compassion, civility toward all our fellow humans (not just those who follow our little tiny boxed in group.) We understand that we are, at some point (adulthood) responsible for our own actions, we choose or do not choose what is right, can blame no devil, not evil spirits, nor whatever, are not possessed nor have any other excuse for wrongdoing,

Yeah, a conservative tenet, who would have thought?

Yet you, the right-winger in this discussion, are opposed to it, requiiring the fear of god to keep you honest while the liberal atheist takes reponsibilty of her own actions...

go figure

OH MY GOODNESS the HORROR of it, taking responsibility for one's own actions, because there was/is no devil making us do bad things!

Lefites pushing for personal responsibility instead of the government handing everything out? I didn't know just using religion would make it that easy for you guys to see the light. Too bad we didn't think of it sooner.

Not only would the lawsuits be a bad thing but his death would be a tragedy. I'm sure you meant that too.

Kudos to you for keeping an open mind and changing your position when you felt the evidence was strong enough to do so.

Why didn't you correct him? The teacher did not say those things, and that was not the picture that caused the incident?

Yeah, that was important to the topic and to the point. Does it really matter what you were carrying or whether or not you went into her house? I guess it was just a way for you to insult me, bravo to you. :clap2:
:eusa_boohoo:
Like you haven't repeatedly insulted me in this thread?

And I apologize, you are not as some of the others on here are.
Thank you, I appreciate your apology and offer my own. I take back anything offensive I said to you. Debates can get pretty heated and people get carried away. I know you to be a very sensible person concerning other subjects we have discussed.

☭proletarian☭;1820927 said:

Yeah, a conservative tenet, who would have thought?

Yet you, the right-winger in this discussion, are opposed to it, requiiring the fear of god to keep you honest while the liberal atheist takes reponsibilty of her own actions...

go figure

Again, you show your ignorance of religion. Having religious beliefs has nothing to do with blaming your actions on anything. You really should learn more about religion if you want to intelligently bash it.

:eusa_boohoo:
Like you haven't repeatedly insulted me in this thread?

And I apologize, you are not as some of the others on here are.
Thank you, I appreciate your apology and offer my own. I take back anything offensive I said to you. Debates can get pretty heated and people get carried away. I know you to be a very sensible person concerning other subjects we have discussed.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Since I've had four people coming at me, it's hard to keep feelings separate, and I did not really intend to insult you in any way.

I guess I wasted my post that was about the topic, i didn't realize this thread turned into a "who can cry and insult the loudest" thread.

LAME
Don't be so impatient, Pil! It's not easy keeping up with all the posting going on in this thread. That and the many breaks I need to take to release the steam valve on my head. :lol:

Last edited:
Again, you show your ignorance of religion. Having religious beliefs has nothing to do with blaming your actions on anything. You really should learn more about religion if you want to intelligently bash it.

right... blaming a snake and a woman for making a man eat from a tree that poisoned man';s souls and causes you to be born with a sinful nature isn't blaming your actions or nature on anything :rolleyes: Satying that a man was possessed by a legion of demons or thatpeople are misled by Satan isn't saying that they're not wholly responsible for their actions :cuckoo:

So not only have you been proven a liar by Contessa, but you've proven yourself to be a stupid liar.

☭proletarian☭;1820968 said:

right... blaming a snake and a woman for making a man eat from a tree that poisoned man';s souls and causes you to be born with a sinful nature isn't blaming your actions or nature on anything :rolleyes: Satying that a man was possessed by a legion of demons or thatpeople are misled by Satan isn't saying that they're not wholly responsible for their actions :cuckoo:

So not only have you been proven a liar by Contessa, but you've proven yourself to be a stupid liar.

You're the one that's poisonous. Bye.

I see. When you're proven a liar and a hypocrite, you excuse yourself from the discussion.

☭proletarian☭;1821000 said:
I see. When you're proven a liar and a hypocrite, you excuse yourself from the discussion.

If you knew what you were talking about, you might have a point. I don't talk to assholes who aren't worth my time, and that would be you. I never said anything about leaving the discussion, if it can even be called that.

I didn't say I'd refuse to pray to Allah, Allah is God.

You said you would pray in your own way, not the way they asked you to.

So, you wished her well, helped her carry something, somewhere and she was a total harpy to you, is that what you're saying?
Hello!!! Are you finally getting the picture?

Prayer is typically silent, and I think we're splitting hairs here. I said I would respect their beliefs and their customs, and I would.

How do you know that she wasn't a pushy bitch regardless of her religious beliefs? Why do you automatically tie them together? I've known plenty of people that I didn't care for that are christian, I don't let that color how I view christians or make any generalities about them as a group.
As I said, and I will repeat, I don't know one way or the other if she was a pushy bitch because of or in spite of her religious beliefs. You keep insisting I said she was. You are the one who wants to "automatically tie them together". I did no such thing. I have made no generalizations in this thread about any religious group, I've only related my own experiences. That was all that was asked of me.

☭proletarian☭;1820968 said:

Contessa has never proven anything in her life. It says a lot about you that you are supportive of one of the most ridiculous and ignorant hacks on the site.

Why didn't you correct him? The teacher did not say those things, and that was not the picture that caused the incident?
Huh?
Because other people already had. And may because I was busy trying to correct all the inaccurate things you were saying about me. Sheesh!

Forum List

Back