🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass Shooting At A Fort Myers Nightclub

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub - Report

Oh wait, it's in Florida which already has loads of guns.....

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
1 - there are not enough police to protect you everywhere and at all times (a priori).

2 - if you want to be protected you need to protect yourself (a posteriori).

3 - to protect yourself against a gun you need a better gun and you need to be a better shot (a priori).

4 - to be a better shot you need to practice (a priori).

5 - to practice you need a gun (a prior).

6 - ergo everybody needs a gun (a posteriori).

A priori means self evident.

A posteriori means logically deduced.

No, there aren't enough police. However you're more likely to die in the US where you can get a gun, than Germany where you can't.

So, it's a choice isn't it? A choice between a safer society or a more dangerous society. You may get the chance to protect yourself more in the more dangerous society, but you're more likely to be confronted by people with guns.

The solution is dealing with the people that refuse to conform to social norms, I've owned guns of various types for 62 years, they have harmed no one.

You, me and 99.99% of all gun owners

Draconian punishment is the best way to deal with criminals the hell with this rehabilitation shit

And you're still wrong and the FACTS prove you wrong.

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
The United States provides the right for citizens to have guns. This is not going away. The debate should be about access, liscensing, and getting rid of selling guns in a parking lot; with the aim to keep guns out of criminals hands and allow them to remain in lawful citizens hands.
The united states provides no such right....

And link to where we can buy guns is parking lots?
Actually I've bought and sold plenty in parking lots. Perfectly legal in most places. Unless you're a criminal. In which case it's already illegal for you to have a gun so what?
Do you set up a table? Post signs on telephone polls? Have happy hour specials?
We connect through online message boards and meet there. Is this really unknown to you?
You keep your inventory in a van or trailer and move from parking lot to parking lot?

The United States provides the right for citizens to have guns. This is not going away. The debate should be about access, liscensing, and getting rid of selling guns in a parking lot; with the aim to keep guns out of criminals hands and allow them to remain in lawful citizens hands.
How do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You understand that was the rationale for the 1968 Gun Control Act, right? And that it is obviously a tremendous failure. So what measure do you think will keep criminals from breaking the law?
I am on your side first of all and do not want to ban guns that are legal now. What I would like to see is private sales in parking lots banned throughout the US. I would like all sales to be through a state licensed gun shop with a background check. Any fees should be minimal and waived if a transfer between family members.
How will that stop criminals getting guns? Please be specific.
It will not. There is no govt restriction that will completely, and that is a good reason why we all should be able to bear arms. That said I don't think having to sell your gun through a licensed shop is too much of a burden to gun owners, and would likely stop some of them getting into the wrong hands. It makes it easy to trace guns to illegal transfers.

Actually I've bought and sold plenty in parking lots. Perfectly legal in most places. Unless you're a criminal. In which case it's already illegal for you to have a gun so what?
We connect through online message boards and meet there. Is this really unknown to you?
You keep your inventory in a van or trailer and move from parking lot to parking lot?
Are you being intentionally stupid?

How do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You understand that was the rationale for the 1968 Gun Control Act, right? And that it is obviously a tremendous failure. So what measure do you think will keep criminals from breaking the law?
I am on your side first of all and do not want to ban guns that are legal now. What I would like to see is private sales in parking lots banned throughout the US. I would like all sales to be through a state licensed gun shop with a background check. Any fees should be minimal and waived if a transfer between family members.
How will that stop criminals getting guns? Please be specific.
It will not. There is no govt restriction that will completely, and that is a good reason why we all should be able to bear arms. That said I don't think having to sell your gun through a licensed shop is too much of a burden to gun owners, and would likely stop some of them getting into the wrong hands. It makes it easy to trace guns to illegal transfers.
Wrong on every count.
Criminals typically steal guns and resell them to other criminals. Nothing you have outlined would stop that and instead burden lawful gun owners.

No....I really want to know where these parking lot gun stores are.....

Then you really are terminally stupid. Bye.

Of course criminals will gladly comply. Screw more laws for criminals to ignore, no need to make things more difficult for the law abiding for things that will do nothing.

Of course criminals will gladly comply. Screw more laws for criminals to ignore, no need to make things more difficult for the law abiding for things that will do nothing.
It's imcredible. For many people the response to failures of the law is more laws. That is insanity.

Wait....where are they? I am going to go visit a,few parking lots today...what do I look for?

I've always said the US needs to change the way it goes about things, and the main change is how people vote. However, like I said, people might look at the root causes and see that guns in society don't necessarily make society safer.

If the US has 4 times more murders than European countries, then there are lots of issues around this. But the US doesn't want to change, so people will die.

At the same time the right will spend their whole time making sure nothing changes.
The UK has already shown that if you don't have guns in your society then crime will not change, the crime will simply become knife crime, like it is there.

As for trying to be safe in a knife crime environment, you still need to do all the things you need to do in a gun crime environment -- be aware, don't go out at nite alone, stay in a group, etc.

You then must also carry your own knife, preferably a bigger knife than usual, and you must know how to fight with it.

By the way the best way to learn how to fight with knives is to take sword fencing classes. That way you learn all the parries, thrusts, and cuts.

But then again the UK has shown that it has a murder rate 1/4 that of the US!

Different culture.

This is off topic but I think the username a person chooses is a window into their psyche.

I've always said the US needs to change the way it goes about things, and the main change is how people vote. However, like I said, people might look at the root causes and see that guns in society don't necessarily make society safer.

If the US has 4 times more murders than European countries, then there are lots of issues around this. But the US doesn't want to change, so people will die.

At the same time the right will spend their whole time making sure nothing changes.
The UK has already shown that if you don't have guns in your society then crime will not change, the crime will simply become knife crime, like it is there.

As for trying to be safe in a knife crime environment, you still need to do all the things you need to do in a gun crime environment -- be aware, don't go out at nite alone, stay in a group, etc.

You then must also carry your own knife, preferably a bigger knife than usual, and you must know how to fight with it.

By the way the best way to learn how to fight with knives is to take sword fencing classes. That way you learn all the parries, thrusts, and cuts.

The UK has always has a lower murder rate

In fact the murder rte in the UK has increased from what it was in 1950
And the murder rate in the US is virtually the same as it was in 1950

Homicide Rate (per 100,000), 1950–2014
List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SO over 6 decades the murder rate in our country has risen and declined to the same rate
In UK the country gun control nuts like to use as an example in the same 60 year period the murder rte has risen and declined but now remains higher than it was 60 years ago

And that is after the UK passed the 1968 gun control laws

SO there seems to be other forces at work and not just gun ownership

But if I say there are cultural and demographic differences between the US and the UK I will undoubtedly be called a racist

Wait....where are they? I am going to go visit a,few parking lots today...what do I look for?
People generally keep their gun inventory strapped under their cars. Find a busy lot and then get down on the ground and start looking under all the cars. Keep going until you find one with guns strapped to the bottom.
Good luck!

The root cause of gun crime is not the second amendment

so changing it will not stop gun crimes

Firstly, I didn't say the 2A was the root cause of gun crime.

Changing it might have an impact however, depending on other stuff.

Where did I say you said that?

Where did I say that you said that I said...?

Oh just reply to the post and stop with this petty nonsense.

Don't fucking tell me what to do

You have issues, don't you? Okay, I won't tell you what to do, I'll give you choices. Reply to my posts properly or I won't bother with you, okay? Do you feel like you can go to your psychologist and have a good old chat now?
You don't like the way I reply to your posts then put me in ignore

Indeed, it is surprising they shot so many though. When Blacks shoot into nightclubs it is typically only 6 or 7 shots, whatever the stolen pistol can hold before they toss it.

I don't see that comment as being relevant to the issue.

In the UK you can still be murdered.

And so in the UK you must still defend yourself.

Since guns are essentially prohibited in the UK then you must defend yourself with another weapon.

And even then there is still a possibility that the criminal who assaults has a gun and brought it into the UK from France or Belgium.

People generally keep their gun inventory strapped under their cars. Find a busy lot and then get down on the ground and start looking under all the cars. Keep going until you find one with guns strapped to the bottom.
Good luck!
Oh...so it's kinda difficult to spot the gun dealers....do they just sit in their cars all day waiting to sell?

The debate can be about many things. About the impact of guns on society, which the right generally try and ignore. Why shouldn't people look for the root cause of problems and change the Constitution if they think it's wrong?
The root cause of gun crime is not the second amendment

so changing it will not stop gun crimes

Firstly, I didn't say the 2A was the root cause of gun crime.

Changing it might have an impact however, depending on other stuff.

A lot has already changed since the day I walked into Western Auto at age 11 and laid down cash to buy a shotgun and shells and carried them home for my dads Christmas present. The only thing that has made a difference is a culture that glorifies killing, guns laws have since that time have done nothing.
So you must be talking about violent tv shows and movies.

And also now violent video games.

I see the problem somewhat differently.

I see the modern descendants of the freed negro slaves in the USA as still an underclass particularly in urban centers where they are economically entrapped.

Theft and violence are their only means of support.

There is no solution to this problem therefore everyone else must be armed to defend themselves.

Since many of these criminals already have criminal records they don't care about breaking the law again.

Therefore making more laws will not solve the problem.

Since there are not enough cops to protect you everywhere and all the time ... everyone needs their own gun on their person. This also requires training and practice as well.

Forum List

Back