🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass Shooting At A Fort Myers Nightclub

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub - Report

Oh wait, it's in Florida which already has loads of guns.....

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
The United States provides the right for citizens to have guns. This is not going away. The debate should be about access, liscensing, and getting rid of selling guns in a parking lot; with the aim to keep guns out of criminals hands and allow them to remain in lawful citizens hands.

The debate can be about many things. About the impact of guns on society, which the right generally try and ignore. Why shouldn't people look for the root cause of problems and change the Constitution if they think it's wrong?
The root cause of gun crime is not the second amendment

so changing it will not stop gun crimes

Firstly, I didn't say the 2A was the root cause of gun crime.

Changing it might have an impact however, depending on other stuff.

I've always said the US needs to change the way it goes about things, and the main change is how people vote. However, like I said, people might look at the root causes and see that guns in society don't necessarily make society safer.

If the US has 4 times more murders than European countries, then there are lots of issues around this. But the US doesn't want to change, so people will die.

At the same time the right will spend their whole time making sure nothing changes.

Where did I say you said that?

The only thing that will reduce gun crime without curbing the rights of everyone are draconian sentences for gun crimes

All gun crimes should be made a federal offense with a minimum 25 year sentence with no parole

Really? Locking people up works does it? That's why Louisiana is a crime free paradise? Why the US has the 2nd largest per capita prison population but a murder rate 4 times that of other first world countries and it doesn't have a lower violent crime rate either....

I know you're wrong.

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
The United States provides the right for citizens to have guns. This is not going away. The debate should be about access, liscensing, and getting rid of selling guns in a parking lot; with the aim to keep guns out of criminals hands and allow them to remain in lawful citizens hands.
The united states provides no such right....

And link to where we can buy guns is parking lots?

I've always said the US needs to change the way it goes about things, and the main change is how people vote. However, like I said, people might look at the root causes and see that guns in society don't necessarily make society safer.

If the US has 4 times more murders than European countries, then there are lots of issues around this. But the US doesn't want to change, so people will die.

At the same time the right will spend their whole time making sure nothing changes.
The UK has already shown that if you don't have guns in your society then crime will not change, the crime will simply become knife crime, like it is there.

As for trying to be safe in a knife crime environment, you still need to do all the things you need to do in a gun crime environment -- be aware, don't go out at nite alone, stay in a group, etc.

You then must also carry your own knife, preferably a bigger knife than usual, and you must know how to fight with it.

By the way the best way to learn how to fight with knives is to take sword fencing classes. That way you learn all the parries, thrusts, and cuts.

The debate can be about many things. About the impact of guns on society, which the right generally try and ignore. Why shouldn't people look for the root cause of problems and change the Constitution if they think it's wrong?

We need to eat more cheese so we have the gun violence rate of France. We need more pork and potatoes so we have gun violence rates like Germany.
You understand that crime is a function of society, not laws, right?

Where did I say that you said that I said...?

Oh just reply to the post and stop with this petty nonsense.

How do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You understand that was the rationale for the 1968 Gun Control Act, right? And that it is obviously a tremendous failure. So what measure do you think will keep criminals from breaking the law?
I am on your side first of all and do not want to ban guns that are legal now. What I would like to see is private sales in parking lots banned throughout the US. I would like all sales to be through a state licensed gun shop with a background check. Any fees should be minimal and waived if a transfer between family members.

Actually I've bought and sold plenty in parking lots. Perfectly legal in most places. Unless you're a criminal. In which case it's already illegal for you to have a gun so what?

How do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You understand that was the rationale for the 1968 Gun Control Act, right? And that it is obviously a tremendous failure. So what measure do you think will keep criminals from breaking the law?
I am on your side first of all and do not want to ban guns that are legal now. What I would like to see is private sales in parking lots banned throughout the US. I would like all sales to be through a state licensed gun shop with a background check. Any fees should be minimal and waived if a transfer between family members.
How will that stop criminals getting guns? Please be specific.

Don't fucking tell me what to do

1 - there are not enough police to protect you everywhere and at all times (a priori).

2 - if you want to be protected you need to protect yourself (a posteriori).

3 - to protect yourself against a gun you need a better gun and you need to be a better shot (a priori).

4 - to be a better shot you need to practice (a priori).

5 - to practice you need a gun (a prior).

6 - ergo everybody needs a gun (a posteriori).

A priori means self evident.

A posteriori means logically deduced.

No, there aren't enough police. However you're more likely to die in the US where you can get a gun, than Germany where you can't.

So, it's a choice isn't it? A choice between a safer society or a more dangerous society. You may get the chance to protect yourself more in the more dangerous society, but you're more likely to be confronted by people with guns.

The solution is dealing with the people that refuse to conform to social norms, I've owned guns of various types for 62 years, they have harmed no one.

The UK has already shown that if you don't have guns in your society then crime will not change, the crime will simply become knife crime, like it is there.

As for trying to be safe in a knife crime environment, you still need to do all the things you need to do in a gun crime environment -- be aware, don't go out at nite alone, stay in a group, etc.

You then must also carry your own knife, preferably a bigger knife than usual, and you must know how to fight with it.

By the way the best way to learn how to fight with knives is to take sword fencing classes. That way you learn all the parries, thrusts, and cuts.

But then again the UK has shown that it has a murder rate 1/4 that of the US!

But then again the UK has shown that it has a murder rate 1/4 that of the US!
But it always did, even in the days when guns weren't as regulated.
Uh-oh.

1 - there are not enough police to protect you everywhere and at all times (a priori).

2 - if you want to be protected you need to protect yourself (a posteriori).

3 - to protect yourself against a gun you need a better gun and you need to be a better shot (a priori).

4 - to be a better shot you need to practice (a priori).

5 - to practice you need a gun (a prior).

6 - ergo everybody needs a gun (a posteriori).

A priori means self evident.

A posteriori means logically deduced.

No, there aren't enough police. However you're more likely to die in the US where you can get a gun, than Germany where you can't.

So, it's a choice isn't it? A choice between a safer society or a more dangerous society. You may get the chance to protect yourself more in the more dangerous society, but you're more likely to be confronted by people with guns.

The solution is dealing with the people that refuse to conform to social norms, I've owned guns of various types for 62 years, they have harmed no one.

You, me and 99.99% of all gun owners

Draconian punishment is the best way to deal with criminals the hell with this rehabilitation shit

A lot has already changed since the day I walked into Western Auto at age 11 and laid down cash to buy a shotgun and shells and carried them home for my dads Christmas present. The only thing that has made a difference is a culture that glorifies killing, guns laws have since that time have done nothing.

Actually I've bought and sold plenty in parking lots. Perfectly legal in most places. Unless you're a criminal. In which case it's already illegal for you to have a gun so what?
Do you set up a table? Post signs on telephone polls? Have happy hour specials?

Don't fucking tell me what to do

You have issues, don't you? Okay, I won't tell you what to do, I'll give you choices. Reply to my posts properly or I won't bother with you, okay? Do you feel like you can go to your psychologist and have a good old chat now?

Do you set up a table? Post signs on telephone polls? Have happy hour specials?
We connect through online message boards and meet there. Is this really unknown to you?

Forum List

Back