MASSIVE explosion in Beirut levels entire city blocks

Before I get tarred and feathered for merely reporting this, I'm not anti-Israel, but I've been seeing a number of reports from different sources that it was Israel, but that they didn't intend to hit a warehouse that contained 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate. Reportedly, they were targeting a Hezbollah weapons depot at the port.

Again, don't attack me for this, I am not concluding anything, just reporting what I've heard. But I do have to say, it's disappointing that almost everyone immediately came to a conclusion before the dust even settled.

It wasn't a missile. Missiles are detectable with radar.

You are safe from being attacked by me. I've done much worse than that! :coffee:

Macron just landed in Beirut, talking to reporters...

Will the French re-colonize Lebanon?

medieval-crusaders-2000x1406.jpg

....the whole culture of the area is part of the problem.....the MEast is only one step above shithole Africa.....read the history

Generals are no different from posters here in their haste to speculate on what could have caused that explosion
Of course they are different. And no, they did not tell trump it was probably an attack.

Is it fun being retarded?
You should know American Jihad, since many people in the region reported feeling an earthquake whatever the cause and you seem content on arguing semantics rather than the true spirit of the thread.

THE GROUND SHOOK, JACKASS. 150 miles away. That's a lot bigger than a lot of actual tectonic earth tremors.
Again simpleton what the people reported feeling were seismic waves caused by the blast, there were also compression waves thru the atmosphere felt as well. There was no earthquake.....................

Not that you will ever know that seismic waves are an effect of an earthquake not the earthquake itself.

Wear your mask to cover your ignorance

Look silly you said that explosions create earthquakes, they do not. Explosions can create the same or similar seismic waves as earthquakes, however seismic waves are not earthquakes, are they simpleton? Yawning

Hey American Jihad Sock, Get a grip on yourself. No, not there. I said that the explosion caused an earthquake of around 4.0. It did. A quake of the earth is a shudder, a vibration, a shaking of the ground. I didn't say the quake was caused by the same forces as a natural earthquake---- tectonic plates moving.
Actually an earthquake is when one tectonic plate slides over under or alongside another one

You keep farting your ignorance though, its amusing

Earthquakes are also caused by magma moving through a magma chamber. And yes, if there is a P wave, it is an earthquake, it's cause is immaterial.
Earthquakes are caused by movement within the Earth caused by the Earth itself not caused by human induced explosions. Really simple once you understand that sensors merely detect the waves and not their cause, thus it takes a human with a brain not a tube to determine cause

whatever happened it sucks. we're all quick to believe it was an attack and the like but there does seem to be a lot of sparkles just before the KABLOOIE hits. fireworks or the chemicals that were stored there, who knows. bit i seldom see a bomb go off right after a glittery introduction.

then again i am no bomb expert and have no idea what one would look like if it did go off. how many people in here do know that for sure?

Macron is holding a meeting with the top leaders from every Lebanese political party, who are usually sworn enemies dating back to the civil war...this is incredible

Generals are no different from posters here in their haste to speculate on what could have caused that explosion
Of course they are different. And no, they did not tell trump it was probably an attack.
So the guy whose only public job is to affirm anything and everything the president says...affirmed him. Not compelling.

Look silly you said that explosions create earthquakes, they do not. Explosions can create the same or similar seismic waves as earthquakes, however seismic waves are not earthquakes, are they simpleton? Yawning

Hey American Jihad Sock, Get a grip on yourself. No, not there. I said that the explosion caused an earthquake of around 4.0. It did. A quake of the earth is a shudder, a vibration, a shaking of the ground. I didn't say the quake was caused by the same forces as a natural earthquake---- tectonic plates moving.
Actually an earthquake is when one tectonic plate slides over under or alongside another one

Earthquakes are also caused by magma moving through a magma chamber. And yes, if there is a P wave, it is an earthquake, it's cause is immaterial.
Earthquakes are caused by movement within the Earth caused by the Earth itself not caused by human induced explosions. Really simple once you understand that sensors merely detect the waves and not their cause, thus it takes a human with a brain not a tube to determine cause

Earthquakes are defined by their motion. P waves, S waves, Rayleigh, and Love waves.

Now, if you called it a SEISMIC WAVE, you would have a point. Those are specifically caused by the sudden breaking of rock, but even there, explosions are included within the definition.

Earthquakes are defined by their motion. P waves, S waves, Rayleigh, and Love waves.

Now, if you called it a SEISMIC WAVE, you would have a point. Those are specifically caused by the sudden breaking of rock, but even there, explosions are included within the definition.
Seismic detectors detect vibrations from multiple causes, some natural and some man made. Earthquakes are natural, ammonium nitrite explosions are not natural in source

Forum List

Back