MASSIVE explosion in Beirut levels entire city blocks

The reports out of Beirut say there were 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate stored in the warehouse since 2014. This, despite warnings it was dangerous.

By comparison, the OK City bombers used 2 tons of it.

That's the report I read. It also stated it came from a ship six years ago and was stored in a warehouse ever since.
I think if that stuff gets wet, it start getting hot..and can self-combust.
6 years is a long time to store stuff like that.

It sure is. Especially near a fireworks factory. Seems like a lot of negligence and incompetence at play.

One word.... Hezbollah!

The reports out of Beirut say there were 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate stored in the warehouse since 2014. This, despite warnings it was dangerous.

That's the report I read. It also stated it came from a ship six years ago and was stored in a warehouse ever since.

It sure is. Especially near a fireworks factory. Seems like a lot of negligence and incompetence at play.

One word.... Hezbollah!

BINGO!

That was a Hezbollah arms depot destroyed.

One word.... Hezbollah!

BINGO!
and what do they gain from doing this? Hezbollah is allied with the ruling party that controls the presidency

my old physics teacher used to tell the class that three quarters of Lebanese people are paranoid. i get the same sense from you guys when you discuss this great country!

According to the BBC there may have been two explosions and could be linked to the trial of members of Hezbollah charged in the assassination of the prime minister:

"A UN tribunal is due to issue its verdict in the trial of four suspects in the murder by car bomb of Hariri."
"The possible second explosion was reported to be at the Hariri residence in the city."

Accordeing to CNN, a fire in a fireworks warehouse. But CNN never gets anything right since they stopped doing news.

Yeah right ....fireworks LOL:laugh:

my eye!

read all my post in his thread and you will know what happened.

Is it fun being retarded?
You should know American Jihad, since many people in the region reported feeling an earthquake whatever the cause and you seem content on arguing semantics rather than the true spirit of the thread.

THE GROUND SHOOK, JACKASS. 150 miles away. That's a lot bigger than a lot of actual tectonic earth tremors.

The "NUKEMAP" site gives a light damage radius (broken windows) of 2.53 km for a 10 kt surface nuclear blast:

beirut.PNG

Here is an image from Beirut, taken 3.12 km away from the blast:

glass.PNG

4.3 km away from the blast site:

desk.PNG

12 km from the blast site:

door.PNG

Pray for the dead and injured if thats your thing and HOPE this isn't terrorism.

There are theories on what happened. Hezbollah was stock piling fertilizer and explosives for a massive terrorist attack on Israel. Stockpiling that many munitions is dangerous and it accidentally ignited.

Hezbollah has got its own enclave for that, in the south of Lebanon. They do tours. :cool:

As the dust settles, Beirut is searching for answers. According to preliminary investigations, Lebanese port officials had spent years calling for the removal of the dangerous chemicals from the waterfront warehouse that exploded killing at least 135 people and wrecking the homes of 300,000 residents. Tuesday's blast was likely to have been caused by the detonation of more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored at the dock since being confiscated from a cargo ship in 2014. Middle East Correspondent Campbell MacDiarmid reports that a source close to a port employee said a team that inspected the material six months ago warned it could "blow up all of Beirut" if not removed. Finbar Anderson, who dived for shelter as shockwaves destroyed his apartment, has written a first-person piece on his brush with death. And read our dispatch for more human tales from the desperate search for survivors in a rubble-strewn city.

From The Daily Telegraph.

As the dust settles, Beirut is searching for answers. According to preliminary investigations, Lebanese port officials had spent years calling for the removal of the dangerous chemicals from the waterfront warehouse that exploded killing at least 135 people and wrecking the homes of 300,000 residents. Tuesday's blast was likely to have been caused by the detonation of more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored at the dock since being confiscated from a cargo ship in 2014. Middle East Correspondent Campbell MacDiarmid reports that a source close to a port employee said a team that inspected the material six months ago warned it could "blow up all of Beirut" if not removed. Finbar Anderson, who dived for shelter as shockwaves destroyed his apartment, has written a first-person piece on his brush with death. And read our dispatch for more human tales from the desperate search for survivors in a rubble-strewn city.

From The Daily Telegraph.

BB17Bkia.jpg

I have no doubt the CIA and Israeli Mossad are responsible for the explosion. ... :cool:

I'd bet Hizbollah did it.
warehos

Hezbollah was in charge of that warehouse in fact they run Beirut. The "warehouse of Fireworks", was in fact a weapons storage area next to the warehose containing the 2,750 tons of Nitroprill HD. The sparks

Pray for the dead and injured if thats your thing and HOPE this isn't terrorism.

There are theories on what happened. Hezbollah was stock piling fertilizer and explosives for a massive terrorist attack on Israel. Stockpiling that many munitions is dangerous and it accidentally ignited.

Hezbollah has got its own enclave for that, in the south of Lebanon. They do tours. :cool:

~~~~~~~
>>>>>>>>>>>>​

Look silly you said that explosions create earthquakes, they do not. Explosions can create the same or similar seismic waves as earthquakes, however seismic waves are not earthquakes, are they simpleton? Yawning

Hey American Jihad Sock, Get a grip on yourself. No, not there. I said that the explosion caused an earthquake of around 4.0. It did. A quake of the earth is a shudder, a vibration, a shaking of the ground. I didn't say the quake was caused by the same forces as a natural earthquake---- tectonic plates moving.
Actually an earthquake is when one tectonic plate slides over under or alongside another one

You keep farting your ignorance though, its amusing

Earthquakes are also caused by magma moving through a magma chamber. And yes, if there is a P wave, it is an earthquake, it's cause is immaterial.

Generals are no different from posters here in their haste to speculate on what could have caused that explosion
Of course they are different. And no, they did not tell trump it was probably an attack.
Becoming a general does not alter the functioning of the brain in coming to a conclusion about an event that has not been previously encountered.

When a unique event is encountered, possibilities of its cause are considered at light speed and eliminated one at a time...many at light speed, then the more plausible possibilities are mulled over until one arrives at a few that MAY have happened. All of these qualify as "could have been" candidates. It is only after investigation and consideration of evidence that one can conclude that "this is what happened".

That mental process is what we all go through in response to events such as this. Generals are no different.

You know nothing of what any generals may have said to President Trump.

You're full of hot air. (If you don't believe that, just put on a mask and exhale.)

Last edited:
Before I get tarred and feathered for merely reporting this, I'm not anti-Israel, but I've been seeing a number of reports from different sources that it was Israel, but that they didn't intend to hit a warehouse that contained 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate. Reportedly, they were targeting a Hezbollah weapons depot at the port.

Again, don't attack me for this, I am not concluding anything, just reporting what I've heard. But I do have to say, it's disappointing that almost everyone immediately came to a conclusion before the dust even settled.

Forum List

Back