MASSIVE SHOOTING in MAINE RIGHT NOW and shooter on the lose

The reference was to my age in 1950 when I became four years old and not too bright since according to my mom, my first words were a full sentence at the age of 4. In school, I learned that he last reference was what you assumed was meant. You must've gone to a school that omitted that maxim. No hard feelings. I've actually written sentences that take up the same space two paragraphs. But I reference the current or last past sentence. I'm trying harder not to write too long of sentences, but sometimes recall people here don't always know what the other person's background is based on.

Whatever excuses you want to make; Buchanan was the first to try and relieve Sumter; Lincoln only did it because he knew exactly what the response would be, and wanted it.

If you're going to cite Caro, you should at least read all three of his books on LBJ. That way you look less ignorant. Quit relying on sites that cherry pick quotes for you; do your own homework.

Did he, or did he not vote against all of those Civil Rights acts? Yes or no?

That gun didn't walk into gun free zones and start murdering people.

It took the government not protecting society from an obviously mentally ill man to make that happen.

This is a case where if there were proper Mental Health Hospitals, it could have been prevented.

I guess the government values all the lives lost and those injured less than the cost of keeping

dangerous people away from society.

I bet it's a losing proposition for the government dollar-wise even.

They lost tax revenue from 18 people for not keeping one guy locked up.

There's a lot of variables that can be there so I don't want to get into that right now.

Last edited:
You sure are delusional....here:

Again.....
Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

I stated they voted for the very last acts....after spending the rest of about 100 years voting against all the other Civil Rights acts, as I showed you with Lyndon Johnson voting against all of them including the anti-lynching law....you lying asshat.
Yes, they did back then...but as soon as Dems became woke and voted FOR civil rights, you con-servatives jumped ship.

Yes, they did back then...but as soon as Dems became woke and voted FOR civil rights, you con-servatives jumped ship.

Wrong, and another lie.........barak obama is the lead racist today in the democrat party, and an anti-semite to boot.....the democrats didn't stop being racists, they just took in racists of all skin colors...

The Dems started it with shelling Fort Sumpter to defy the United States with treason to keep their black slaves. Had the Union not retaliated, black people would be worked to death to this day, and that's just wrong. It was the Democrats also who opposed the allowing of young black students in Little Rock Arkansas to get equal teaching in school in 1954. That was 69 years ago, but I saw the whole thing on tv every night for a week and every May 17 for at least ten years afterward. :rolleyes-41:
I want to add to this a correction or more. The shelling had nothing to do over slavery. The shelling was to remove the Feds from the land that S. Carolina believed was their land and not the Feds. The Union had abandoned many forts located in the South. Also nobody in the Fort was harmed when the Confederates shelled the fort. And it did result in the Feds abandoning that fort.

As to the civil rights laws of the 1960s, it is true that the Democrats fought against them for a long time. They try to use this trick. They claim they learned their lesson and became republicans. Seems some did. But it took years for the South to become as wealthy as they now are.

Again.....
Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.
And then he no longer did and all the racists jumped to the Republicans as they are now.

Another one who doesn't know that more Dems voted for the Civil Rights Act than Republicans.
It was in 1957 that Republican Eisenhower created the civil rights act that did this.
"
In 1957, President Eisenhower sent Congress a proposal for civil rights legislation. The result was the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the first civil rights legislation since Reconstruction. The new act established the Civil Rights Section of the Justice Department and empowered federal prosecutors to obtain court injunctions against interference with the right to vote. It also established a federal Civil Rights Commission with authority to investigate discriminatory conditions and recommend corrective measures. The final act was weakened by Congress due to lack of support among the Democrats.

Cabinet Paper – The Civil Rights Program - Letter and Statement by the Attorney General, April 10, 1956 [19 pages] [E. Frederic Morrow Records, Box 9, Civil Rights Bill; NAID #12090725]"

Who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957?

On August 28, 1957, Strom Thurmond, then a Democratic United States senator from South Carolina, began a filibuster intended to prevent the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

Strom Thurmond filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1957 -​

Eisenhower, Republican was back at it again, despite resistance by the Democrats.

The Civil Rights Act of 1960 ( Pub. L. Tooltip Public Law (United States) 86–449, 74 Stat. 89, enacted May 6, 1960) is a United States federal law that established federal inspection of local voter registration polls and introduced penalties for anyone who obstructed someone's attempt to register to vote.

Civil Rights Act of 1960 - Wikipedia​

1698344521705.png
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ci

Eisenhower, Republican was back at it again, despite resistance by the Democrats.

The Civil Rights Act of 1960 ( Pub. L. Tooltip Public Law (United States) 86–449, 74 Stat. 89, enacted May 6, 1960) is a United States federal law that established federal inspection of local voter registration polls and introduced penalties for anyone who obstructed someone's attempt to register to vote.

Civil Rights Act of 1960 - Wikipedia

View attachment 848993
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ci
We're talking the Civil Rights Act of 1964, try to keep up.

This thread is not about racism. I am surprised it has not been closed.
Gun incidents from gun nuts always include -

1) The perpetrator's skin colour

2) The perpetrator's sex/gender

3) The perpetrator's orientation to mental illnesses and prison.

Gun nuts find those priority. Forget the victims, they're indispensable.

Forum List

Back