MASSIVE SHOOTING in MAINE RIGHT NOW and shooter on the lose

That is simply not true. More Dems pushed for and voted for the Civil Rights Act.
The Dems started it with shelling Fort Sumpter to defy the United States with treason to keep their black slaves. Had the Union not retaliated, black people would be worked to death to this day, and that's just wrong. It was the Democrats also who opposed the allowing of young black students in Little Rock Arkansas to get equal teaching in school in 1954. That was 69 years ago, but I saw the whole thing on tv every night for a week and every May 17 for at least ten years afterward. :rolleyes-41:

That is simply not true. More Dems pushed for and voted for the Civil Rights Act.

nope........that was the very last one, they fought, and murdered to stop all the other ones...including Lyndon Johnson who voted against every Civil rights act and the anti-lynching law when he was in the U.S. congress.....

Another one who doesn't know that more Dems voted for the Civil Rights Act than Republicans.

You asshat....

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

What would you have done differently if no one reported his being treated? That is why states which have such laws fail!
Warned the police or a family member I suppose if I legally could.

You’re right, some states have crappy laws. All states should have some type of red flag laws. Maybe we need a very minimal federal red flag law that when an obviously mentally unstable person who’s being treated for hearing voices telling him to shoot, would be reported and his guns get temporarily confiscated until a full review can be done. My guess is Maine will learn from its stupidity and make one.

I’m not one for gun control but I’m for common sense. This guy, like Adam Lanza, had all the signs of mental instability and shouldn’t have been allowed to have access to guns.

I’m more in favor of better mental health. Most people haven’t had to deal with the mental system in this country. The insurance companies control what healthcare a person gets. It’s all based on the insurance companies bottom line not the health of the patient. This needs to stop. Patients do not get the care they need if they don’t have the money and last night in Maine was the result of that policy. Clearly he wasn’t better and needed to be in residential care. Why wasn’t he there? Of course that’s more expensive than out patient therapy which is what most insurances cover. Because of the expense many residential facilities shut down so the facilities that are still open have a list to get in because there aren’t enough beds. I know because I’ve lived this with a family member.

Perhaps now a common sense bipartisan piece of legislation can get minimal federal red flag laws along with more federal funding for long term mental health facilities. Yesterday never should have happened. SMH.

Last edited:
And....another male shooting.

Keep....deflecting...to...blacks.............. We see you.

Say the cretins trying to make this a 'white supremacist' thing, when we all know blacks, browns, and 'native Americans' murder children at 10 times the rates whites do, and that's not counting the millions of babies Democrats murder. Guess what percentage of those are black? You peices of shit are trying to do the deflecting here, so quit lying.

You left out more Dems than Republicans voted against it.
percentage wise, the more republicans voted for it.

By party[edit]​

The original House version:[1]

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[35]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[2]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[3]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)

• Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)
easy to say more democrats voted for it considering they held the majority.

The Dems started it with shelling Fort Sumpter to defy the United States with treason to keep their black slaves. Had the Union not retaliated, black people would be worked to death to this day, and that's just wrong. It was the Democrats also who opposed the allowing of young black students in Little Rock Arkansas to get equal teaching in school in 1954. That was 69 years ago, but I saw the whole thing on tv every night for a week and every May 17 for at least ten years afterward. :rolleyes-41:
Fake news? Not in the neighborhood I grew up in. I was four years old when my Grandmother jerked me off a water fountain at Woolworth's that had "Black" engraved on it and told me blacks had cooties. When I looked around, I saw young blacks who were spit and polished clean and dressed for being downtown. It hurt my arm, and I just kept quiet and felt sorry for the children she seemed to be angry at. I loved grandma, but I also was taught at church that "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." That was 1950. All public schools were either black or white, no exceptions for my entire 12 years of school. I never saw black kids at my school ever. I still felt they had been mistreated by family members I loved, but kept it to myself to prevent getting jerked off another water fountain. When I grew up and made it known that blacks had their rights, I was disinherited. That didn't matter to me. But live and let live became my motto, though that didn't always ring well in my family that I loved anyways.

You make it sound as though the feds fought the Civil War for the purpose of freeing the slaves.
Just so they could relegate them to depraved slums in northern cities.

Fake news? Not in the neighborhood I grew up in. I was four years old when my Grandmother jerked me off a water fountain at Woolworth's that had "Black" engraved on it and told me blacks had cooties. When I looked around, I saw young blacks who were spit and polished clean and dressed for being downtown. It hurt my arm, and I just kept quiet and felt sorry for the children she seemed to be angry at. I loved grandma, but I also was taught at church that "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." That was 1950. All public schools were either black or white, no exceptions for my entire 12 years of school. I never saw black kids at my school ever. I still felt they had been mistreated by family members I loved, but kept it to myself to prevent getting jerked off another water fountain. When I grew up and made it known that blacks had their rights, I was disinherited. That didn't matter to me. But live and let live became my motto, though that didn't always ring well in my family that I loved anyways.

So you think Sumter was shelled in 1950?

Another one who doesn't know that more Dems voted for the Civil Rights Act than Republicans.
I was neither a Democrat nor a Republican until I married in 1971 and became a Republican to let my husband know I would never cancel his vote. I joined for the love of the finest man who ever lived, whose ashes were interred in our church's garden seven years ago with others who served God all their blessed lives of giving, sharing, and working hard for the families and church they loved. And that's the truth.

It's Fort Sumter...and they were no longer Democrats....they gave that up when they seceded from the Union. The Con-federacy had no political parties.

Just so they could relegate them to depraved slums in northern cities.

They wouldn't even allow that; the vast majority of freed slaves were not allowed to migrate to most northern states; those tht weren't forced to work the govt. plantations were forced into 'Contraband camps', and left to die of starvation and disease. Only later mostly, in the early 1900's do we see them migrating north, hired as scabs to bust union strikes.

Of course, the big lie is they were 'escaping Jim Crow', as if northern and midwestern states didn't have such laws, and no explanation as to why they waited some 45 years after being 'freed' to migrate north, such is the lying by omission Yankees feed their kids re Lincoln's illegal wars.

So you think Sumter was shelled in 1950?
The reference was to my age in 1950 when I became four years old and not too bright since according to my mom, my first words were a full sentence at the age of 4. In school, I learned that he last reference was what you assumed was meant. You must've gone to a school that omitted that maxim. No hard feelings. I've actually written sentences that take up the same space two paragraphs. But I reference the current or last past sentence. I'm trying harder not to write too long of sentences, but sometimes recall people here don't always know what the other person's background is based on.

You asshat....

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

If you're going to cite Caro, you should at least read all three of his books on LBJ. That way you look less ignorant. Quit relying on sites that cherry pick quotes for you; do your own homework.

100% of Southern Republicans voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act.

Here are all the stats for you.

By party and region[edit]​

The House of Representatives:[3]

Note that four Representatives voted Present while 13 did not vote.

The Senate:[2]

Forum List

Back