Matt Taibbi

Wrong. anyone who believe force wasn't involved is an imbecile. Is force involved if the IRS suggests you shouldn't donate to a particular charity?
Show your proof of the FBI force. Which posts didn’t the designate to be censored?

If the IRS makes a suggestion it isn’t force. But more context would need to be seen

So Trump's FBI directed them? I don't think "directed" means to force compliance so Trumps administration did nothing illegal.

The FBI can ask Twitter to do anything they want. You are the one going full Nazi claiming that people can't even ask a company not to post something.

Have you read the first amendment?
From which University did you receive your Law Degree?

Elaborate
I’m sure both of us are experts in regards to 1st Amendment Case Law.
As I posted before, the more you post, the stupider you appear to be.
You don't have to be an expert on first amendment case law to know Twitter can post and not post whatever they want or that people can make a request for something to be posted or not.

When the government tries to compel by force, Twitter to post or not post something, then I will be right there at your side decrying the abuse of power regardless of what party it is.

Until then, this whole thread is a circle jerk nothingburger full of people who don't understand the first amendment.

You did not descibe as to where Musk lied.
Musk stated he intends to run a profit and is using his 1st Amendment right,
presumably, to ward off potentials subscribers.
Musk got Twitter in the center of the national discussion for a week now with the Twitter dump that really didn’t show anything. He’s dragging it out now and look how us puppets eat it up. Pretty savvy business move mr Musk!

You did not descibe as to where Musk lied.
Musk stated he intends to run a profit and is using his 1st Amendment right,
presumably, to ward off potentials subscribers.
I did. Musk said he would support free speech on Twitter but then he took down speech he didn’t like.

By taking down Kanye, he was lying about supporting free speech.

It wasn't restricted to twitter, it was internet wide, youtube, facebook, google, instagram, everywhere, any fascist democrat who attempts to say otherwise is either a literal sub-moron, or they just troll, everyone else knows Biden was not elected, just as they know in Arizona that Katie Hobbs was not elected, and you know what America, Fetterman also was not elected, there was a wave election and the proof of that is in Florida and New York, in New York rinos won every congressional seat up on Long Island....

The federal government is illegal, its needs to be eliminated and all of its criminal brotherhood executed out of hand!
gotta push the first domino.

From which University did you receive your Law Degree?
Lol, you think only lawyers have a basic knowledge of the bill of rights? Good grief.

Is it really your contention, (yes or no) that Twitter isn't able to control what they want on their own platform or are you just flailing now?

You don't have to be an expert on first amendment case law to know Twitter can post and not post whatever they want or that people can make a request for something to be posted or not.

When the government tries to compel by force, Twitter to post or not post something, then I will be right there at your side decrying the abuse of power regardless of what party it is.

Until then, this whole thread is a circle jerk nothingburger full of people who don't understand the first amendment.
You just posted what I posted, but I’m not pretending to know the law.

Musk got Twitter in the center of the national discussion for a week now with the Twitter dump that really didn’t show anything. He’s dragging it out now and look how us puppets eat it up. Pretty savvy business move mr Musk!
it didn't show anything you'd want to believe. but that won't make it a lie, will it?

you'll just change the wording, even if it creates a thousand contradictions along the way, to be right, today.

which is really a huge part of the underlying problems we all face.

I did. Musk said he would support free speech on Twitter but then he took down speech he didn’t like.

By taking down Kanye, he was lying about supporting free speech.
I actually agree that Musk should allow unfettered access so everyone except Black Thugs can see what an asshole Ye is.
Musk might have been getting a massive amount of negative feedback and caved in.
We shall see in the next month or so.

You just posted what I posted, but I’m not pretending to know the law.
So you don't know that Twitter's right to post or not post on their own platform is a 1st amendment right?

I swear you Trump supporters get crazier all the time. It really stretches the limits of believability that you are this ignorant of the constitution.

So Trump's FBI directed them? I don't think "directed" means to force compliance so Trumps administration did nothing illegal.

The FBI can ask Twitter to do anything they want. You are the one going full Nazi claiming that people can't even ask a company not to post something.

Have you read the first amendment?

The FBI CANNOT ask a private entity to circumvent Constitutional rights -- like free speech -- just on the govts REQUESTS to do so.

That's a clear Constitutional violation and SCOTUS has cited this in several cases. The trigger for this being a Constitutional violation is a clear line of COOPERATION between any govt agency and a private entity. And that bar is met by discovering that Homeland Security thru it's 501-3C entity CIS has BEEN the "censorship hotline" for Democrat requests to censor unfavorable material on social media.

ANY politico or govt actor can press the "Report button" on FB or twitter. Having a HOT LINE established BY the govt to EXPEDITE these censorship requests to the VERY TOP of Twitter moderation is UN-Constitutional.

See my post on Katy Hobbs VIOLATING this principle in the recent 2022 mid-terms.

Lol, you think only lawyers have a basic knowledge of the bill of rights? Good grief.

Is it really your contention, (yes or no) that Twitter isn't able to control what they want on their own platform or are you just flailing now?
I am fed up with every Liberal on earth believing they are attorneys.
Every law is basic until it gets to the SC and I bet you can’t even make it through the 1st paragraph of the decision of any Justice.

Why was Trump's department of Homeland security doing that?

Also, requests are not illegal.

I've already answered that for another clueless member. You reading the thread or troll typing as fast as you can?

OF COURSE the "censorship hotline" to Twitter and FB and others has been LIVE FOR YEARS. Requests were being made thru GOVT hot lines direct to the top of moderation at those places for the Russia Hoax, the Covid pandemic, and the Hunter Biden story right before the 2020 election.

Everyone KNEW the govt was involved in speech suppression. Just didn't know HOW ORGANIZED and ENTRENCHED it was thru the Dept of Homeland and other Intel sections of the govt.

And as I just told you -- SCOTUS has ruled in MANY cases that the trigger for YOUR govt to be violating the Constitution -- is "established govt cooperation" in requesting curtailing any Constitutional right,. WHICH WAS and probably STILL is happening at other cooperating media.

You realize the White House at the time was Trumps White House, right?? And requests were handled from them as well... Thats in the twitter dump

Not clear that those went thru the "proprietary" Democrat censorship hotline. Also NOT CLEAR from the dump if ANY of those were acted on.

Stupidly, the Trump Admin probably did the LEGAL thing and wrote a DIRECT REQUEST.

All of the ones getting "Done and Handled" replies went thru the hot-line.

The FBI CANNOT ask a private entity to circumvent Constitutional rights -- like free speech -- just on the govts REQUESTS to do so.

Yes they can but they weren't. No constitutional rights are violated when asking someone to do anything. If the FBI tried to force Twitter to post or not post something then THAT would violate a constitutional right.

That's a clear Constitutional violation and SCOTUS has cited this in several cases. The trigger for this being a Constitutional violation is a clear line of COOPERATION between any govt agency and a private entity. And that bar is met by discovering that Homeland Security thru it's 501-3C entity CIS has BEEN the "censorship hotline" for Democrat requests to censor unfavorable material on social media.

Show me the case that says the government can't ask a private entity to post or not post a story.

I hate to break it to you but the government has been asking media outlets to post or not post things since it's conception.

Are you really this naive?

ANY politico or govt actor can press the "Report button" on FB or twitter. Having a HOT LINE established BY the govt to EXPEDITE these censorship requests to the VERY TOP of Twitter moderation is UN-Constitutional.

No it isn't.

See my post on Katy Hobbs VIOLATING this principle in the recent 2022 mid-terms.
I have seen similar posts ad nauseam. Having a "hotline" to twitter does not violate the constitution.

I actually agree that Musk should allow unfettered access so everyone except Black Thugs can see what an asshole Ye is.
Musk might have been getting a massive amount of negative feedback and caved in.
We shall see in the next month or so.
Musk came face to face with the totally expected outcome of his stated beliefs.

And he didn’t like it.

I am fed up with every Liberal on earth believing they are attorneys.

Really? So if you tell me you have a right to own a firearm I should dismiss you as someone who thinks they are an attorney?

Every law is basic until it gets to the SC and I bet you can’t even make it through the 1st paragraph of the decision of any Justice.
If SCOTUS deems it a requirement that private companies have to post everything submitted and that asking a company not to post something is illegal, then I will eat crow.

As it is, your arguement is absurd.

Forum List

Back