Maya Angelou was just another leftist fraud

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Nicholas Stix, Uncensored Help Steve Utash @Go Fund Me!: Maya Angelou, Racist Literary and Political Fraud (Biography)

The writing in this DTN profile is surprisingly restrained. It cites many much of Angelou/Johnson's evils, but without denouncing her. I learned a great deal from it, or so I initially thought. However, one important aspect of her life that it left out was that she is a literary fraud. According a report I read about 10 years ago, researchers sought to track down the people Angelou talked about in her first (and for all I knew, only) autobiography, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, but couldn't find a single one.

I then read the controversial review black nationalist Wanda Coleman wrote (reprinted below) in 2002 of Angelou's "autobiography," A Song Flung Up to Heaven, in which Coleman maintains that Angelou's black nationalist and civil rights activism were also fictional. At this point, I'm not sure that there's anything coming out of Angelou's pen or mouth that can be believed.

That she is popular with all the biggest liars on the left is s sure indicator of her being a fraud to start with.

Nicholas Stix, Uncensored Help Steve Utash @Go Fund Me!: Maya Angelou, Racist Literary and Political Fraud (Biography)

The writing in this DTN profile is surprisingly restrained. It cites many much of Angelou/Johnson's evils, but without denouncing her. I learned a great deal from it, or so I initially thought. However, one important aspect of her life that it left out was that she is a literary fraud. According a report I read about 10 years ago, researchers sought to track down the people Angelou talked about in her first (and for all I knew, only) autobiography, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, but couldn't find a single one.

I then read the controversial review black nationalist Wanda Coleman wrote (reprinted below) in 2002 of Angelou's "autobiography," A Song Flung Up to Heaven, in which Coleman maintains that Angelou's black nationalist and civil rights activism were also fictional. At this point, I'm not sure that there's anything coming out of Angelou's pen or mouth that can be believed.

That she is popular with all the biggest liars on the left is s sure indicator of her being a fraud to start with.

She had a particular world view that you apparently do not share. How does that make her a fraud? What makes your worldview right and hers wrong?

She was a racist and a fraud. That's the truth. Other than that she made a fortune off her racisim and fraud. She lived a long full life with the proceeds of her illgotten gains. Now she's gone. May God have mercy on her soul.

She was a racist and a fraud. That's the truth. Other than that she made a fortune off her racisim and fraud. She lived a long full life with the proceeds of her illgotten gains. Now she's gone. May God have mercy on her soul.

I'd say she became "controversial" to get media attention; about the time I quit reading her works.

If you don't like her work don't read it

But to post this crap on the day she died is more repulsive than anything she ever wrote. We saw the same character assasination when Nelson Mandela died

Last edited:
Maya Angelou was a great writer, poet and civil rights spokesperson....no wonder the Right is trying to besmirch her memory. They did the same to MLK Jr. when he died....now that he is safely dead for several decades, they can safely pretend they admired him all along.

RIP. but still - It was kind of like watching a poodle walk on its hind legs. It's not that it walked well, it's that it could walk like that in the first place.

Mentioned it on another thread but seemed appropriate here too.

"In the early 1960s, Angelou championed Fidel Castro's rise to power in Cuba. Her first published story appeared in the Cuban periodical Revolucion. In September 1960, she was deeply moved by the sight of Castro's exhuberantly warm public embrace of Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev in New York, where both men were attending a United Nations session. "The Russians were O.K.," Angelou later reminisced. "Of course, Castro never had called himself white, so he was O.K. from the git. Anyhow … as black people often said, 'Wasn't no Communist country that put my grandpappa in slavery. Wasn't no Communist lynched my poppa or raped my mamma.'"

I knew she wasn't much of a poet, no wonder the Left LOVES her. I never understand how blacks support the KKK Party either, but that's just me

"In the early 1960s, Angelou championed Fidel Castro's rise to power in Cuba. Her first published story appeared in the Cuban periodical Revolucion. In September 1960, she was deeply moved by the sight of Castro's exhuberantly warm public embrace of Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev in New York, where both men were attending a United Nations session. "The Russians were O.K.," Angelou later reminisced. "Of course, Castro never had called himself white, so he was O.K. from the git. Anyhow … as black people often said, 'Wasn't no Communist country that put my grandpappa in slavery. Wasn't no Communist lynched my poppa or raped my mamma.'"

I knew she wasn't much of a poet, no wonder the Left LOVES her. I never understand how blacks support the KKK Party either, but that's just me

Martin Luther King....Commie
Nelson Mandela.....Commie
Maya Angelou.......Commie

The rightwing playbook never changes

Martin Luther King....Commie
Nelson Mandela.....Commie
Maya Angelou.......Commie

The rightwing playbook never changes

Yeah, she just loved Fidel's beard.

Forum List

Back