Mayor Nanny Bloomberg strikes again

The Nanny strikes again. This time he's targetting the homeless. No more food donations because his Health Gestapo can't assess salt content.

Bloomberg Strikes Again: NYC Bans Food Donations To The Homeless

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s food police have struck again!

Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

Michael Bloomberg Strikes Again: New York City Bans Food Donations To The Homeless « CBS New York

There were plenty of fake outrage threads about this a year ago, when it was "News".

The Nanny strikes again. This time he's targetting the homeless. No more food donations because his Health Gestapo can't assess salt content.

Bloomberg Strikes Again: NYC Bans Food Donations To The Homeless

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s food police have struck again!

Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

Michael Bloomberg Strikes Again: New York City Bans Food Donations To The Homeless « CBS New York

There were plenty of fake outrage threads about this a year ago, when it was "News".

How are you not actually outraged at this?

Because it has almost no actual effect.

Most homeless shelters (and all of the city-run ones, which are the only ones that this law applies to) have not accepted prepared food donations for a very long time now. I know the story of the man trying to donate bagels is heart-wrenching, but it doesn't accurately reflect the reality of the law.

Most homeless shelters (and all of the city-run ones, which are the only ones that this law applies to) have not accepted prepared food donations for a very long time now.

Why not? And why should any donation be prohibited? Why would we want to reduce the capability of people to provide charity?

Most homeless shelters (and all of the city-run ones, which are the only ones that this law applies to) have not accepted prepared food donations for a very long time now.

Why not? And why should any donation be prohibited? Why would we want to reduce the capability of people to provide charity?

It's not a matter of "prohibition", it's a matter of policy.

Shelters don't accept prepared food because they don't want to be legally responsible for food they didn't prepare themselves. What if the person who cooked the food used peanut oil, and forgot to mention it, and a homeless man with a peanut allergy ate it?

What if some psychopath decided to poison a bunch of food, then donated it?

This Mayor soon is going to step into peoples bedrooms, and dictate what to do there ... I mean it... he is a loose cannon ...the way he is going!

I have read so many Neo-Con posts that the only reason anyone would be poor and homeless is that they are nothing more than lazy fucks wanting to suck off the government tit.

It's actually kind of nice to see all of this outrage (phony as it may be).

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

There is a vacancy in Venezuela for a collectivist despot. I think you would be a natural fit. Especially since you are already a billionaire like the recently departed was.

Sincerely,

G5000

Is there a particular reason that the duly elected mayor of New York City should abdicate his office because some crazies on a message board who don't even live in New York City think they know better what is right for New Yorkers than New Yorkers do?

Please - elaborate. Be specific. I would like to hear why you think you know what is the best local government for local citizens than local citizens do. Do you think you know what is best for all peoples everywhere? I would like to hear more about why you don't believe in local government.

Thank you.

Is there a particular reason you think the mayor of New York knows how a homeless shelter should serve its clients than they do?

Please elaborate. Be specific. I would like to hear why you think you know what is the best way to provide, or in this case not provide, food to the hungry.

I would also like to hear why you think someone should be able to prevent me from buying a 32 ounce drink if I want one. This should be good!

Last edited:

It's not a matter of "prohibition", it's a matter of policy.

Sounds like prohibition to me, being that the food is now prohibited and wasn't before.

Go ahead and keep making excuses for the oppressive government you support.

Much better to starve the homeless. How the heck are the people not demanding Bloombergs head? And i dont mean figuratively.

The point isn't to starve the homeless. It's to make the homeless entirely dependent on the government. They will learn not to look to charities but solely to government providers.

2d1u4h1.jpg

Let them eat rice cake

All of this phony outrage over the poor in NYC gave me the best Laugh I've had in years. :laugh:

I guess you are unware, somehow, the Right believes the poor should mostly be served by charitable organizations and not become dependent on government largesse.

Marie Antionette Bloomberg has declared what the diet of the poor should be.

"Let them eat rice cake."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back