Mayor Pete blames Trump for Ohio train derailment. Touts his record of improving rail safety.

Let me get this straight. We will send $10million to Pakistan for gender studies, but we will not help out Americans in crisis in Ohio?

THE BIDEN ADMIN IS STRAIGHT UP CRIMINAL.

It’s in the FEMA LAWS. THIS QUALIFIES AS A FEDERAL EMERGENCY.

What the fuck is wrong with you left wing cult fucks? You are deranged and literally mentally ill.

Last edited:
In the Stimulus, we gave the NATIONAL ENDOWMENTS FOR THE ARTS AND HUMANITIES $150 million, but Biden will not send emergency funds to Ohio?

Criminal

Last edited:
003_jpg-2713571.JPG

I've seen nothing to suggest the problem was with the infrastructure.
I don't know, maybe the train was too large but I don't see where that might have made a difference.

"According to the National Transportation Safety Board, a preliminary investigation found that a wheel bearing on one of the train cars’ wheels overheated and failed in the moments prior to the accident."

###

"The FRA divides train crash causes into six broad categories: track issues, signal errors, highway-rail collisions, equipment defects, human error, and miscellaneous causes. However, more accidents are caused by human error than by any other type of problem: over one third of all crashes reported. Just compare these accident totals from January to July of 2016:"
  1. Human Error – 322 (33.5%)
  2. Track Defects – 268 (27.9%)
  3. Miscellaneous Causes – 144 (15%)
  4. Faulty Equipment – 128 (13.3%)
  5. Train-Vehicle Collisions – 80 (8.3%)
  6. Signal Errors – 18 (1.9%)

Carrying chemicals capable of killing an entire town?

If so there should not be.
The railroad company had lobbied congress to allow them to carry more cars of toxic materials before they had to notify the state.

"Most of the train's 150 rail cars were carrying cargo that was not hazardous, officials say, such as cement, steel and frozen vegetables, according a manifest of the derailed cars provided to the Environmental Protection Agency."

"But 20 cars contained hazardous materials, according to an update this week from the National Transportation Safety Board, which is investigating the derailment."

"About three dozen cars derailed overall, 11 of which were carrying hazardous material, investigators said."

people are moving out of their house, can't drink water. "i don't know where all the birds went. there's dead snakes. we're a small community, we're country people, but we care, and we're scared."...resign, Pete!

"i'm not leaving, this is my town" - Mayor

the company who caused this skipped out on the community town hall, they're hiding!

I don't know, maybe the train was too large but I don't see where that might have made a difference.

"According to the National Transportation Safety Board, a preliminary investigation found that a wheel bearing on one of the train cars’ wheels overheated and failed in the moments prior to the accident."

###

"The FRA divides train crash causes into six broad categories: track issues, signal errors, highway-rail collisions, equipment defects, human error, and miscellaneous causes. However, more accidents are caused by human error than by any other type of problem: over one third of all crashes reported. Just compare these accident totals from January to July of 2016:"

The point isn't that it was the cause this time. The point is simply it's unsafe.

Nowhere did I argue they shouldn't be transported. RIF.
Yeah, but with your uncontrollable urge to be the annoying contrarian that you are, you clutched your pearls and stated, "it's dangerous".
Well no shit Sherlock. So is driving a Prius.
You've always got to slip in your negative platitudes in EVERY thread.
:rolleyes:

Yeah, but with your uncontrollable urge to be the annoying contrarian that you are, you clutched your pearls and stated, "it's dangerous".

No, the employee's of the train line stated it was dangerous. I can see their point.

Employers often times ignore the warnings of their employees because it might negatively impact their quarterly bonuses and get the "shareholders" upset.

Well no shit Sherlock. So is driving a Prius.
You've always got to slip in your negative platitudes in EVERY thread.
:rolleyes:

Because this is a bright sunny story?

Can this guy be any more tone deaf?

When will this regime stop trying to blame Trump for every disaster on their watch?

Secretary Pete Buttigieg
@SecretaryPete
·
Follow
Replying to @SecretaryPete
We’re constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation (like the braking rule withdrawn by the Trump administration in 2018 because of a law passed by Congress in 2015), but we are using the powers we do have to keep people safe. https://enotrans.org/article/dot-withdraws-ecp-brake-rule/…
4:50 PM · Feb 14, 2023
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1625628605861462016|twgr^d281ae8f3736a1ecbd449707191b2c57bc1af968|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.foxnews.com/media/complete-embarrassment-buttigieg-blasted-touting-rail-safety-blaming-trump-ohio-train-derailment&tweet_id=1625628605861462016

Secretary Pete Buttigieg

·
Feb 14, 2023
@SecretaryPete
·
Follow
In the wake of the East Palestine derailment and its impact on hundreds of residents, we’re seeing lots of newfound or renewed (and welcome) interest in our work on rail safety, so I wanted to share more about what we’ve been doing in this area:

Secretary Pete Buttigieg

@SecretaryPete
·
Follow
We are making historic investments on rail safety through funding in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, work that accelerates this year and continue in the years to come.
4:50 PM · Feb 14, 2023
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...train-derailment&tweet_id=1625628592703930370

Kenjac
@JackKennedy
·
Follow
This is an absolutely insane thing to tweet

muuwKYND_mini.jpg

Secretary Pete Buttigieg

@SecretaryPete
In the wake of the East Palestine derailment and its impact on hundreds of residents, we’re seeing lots of newfound or renewed (and welcome) interest in our work on rail safety, so I wanted to share more about what we’ve been doing in this area:
11:50 AM · Feb 15, 2023
Trump deregulation killed the rail safety legislation passed during Oblama.

See, this is how it happens. A reporter makes a claim, small at first, then it gets repeated and picked up by another news agency, then a talk show host…and nobody in the government or anyone with knowledge of the situation says anything and the narrative grows and before you know it, that little supposition that started with that one reporter suddenly is known as “the truth”.

We don’t even have the official report, there is no evidence that this had anything to do with regulation, but, the left wing media got ahold of a “maybe” and they repeated it long enough that here we are…now people are believing the cause of the accident is some deregulation.

###

We need a regulation banning humans from trains.

Forum List

Back