Mayor Pete blames Trump for Ohio train derailment. Touts his record of improving rail safety.

Because he brought a link proving it wouldn't have, Simp.

Holy cow you are stupid.

If the rule wouldn't have covered 150 plus car trains carrying chemicals that can kill you, there is another failure to point out.

If the rule wouldn't have covered 150 plus car trains carrying chemicals that can kill you, there is another failure to point out.
At least you are admitting you are full of shit.

We do not know that to be the case. The regulation was to basically add anti-lock brakes to train cars. We know they help in cars to avoid crashes. They aid in helping the car from sliding.

They have video of a problem with the train 20 miles before it ever crashed. Did one train lock up and an emergency stop situation occurred? One that might have been better handled with a better braking system?

Even if it had nothing to do with it, why would we not want better and safer brakes on trains?
Nothing against wanting safer trains, the argument here is that trumps repealing of the braking system would have had no impact on this incident as this train would have not have been required to have that braking system under the rule.

Nothing against wanting safer trains, the argument here is that trumps repealing of the braking system would have had no impact on this incident as this train would have not have been required to have that braking system under the rule.

So says you.

So says you.
so says anyone that actually knows what they are talking about and not just parroting dembot propaganda. Did you read the reg? it had nothing to do with these trains more over the accident had nothing to do with the braking system

the dembots merely brought it up to deflect from the horrible response of the xiden admin.

so says anyone that actually knows what they are talking about and not just parroting dembot propaganda. Did you read the reg? it had nothing to do with these trains more over the accident had nothing to do with the braking system

the dembots merely brought it up to deflect from the horrible response of the xiden admin.

1 We do not know it had nothing to do with the brakes and 2. again, so says you.

yeah we do they concluded it had to do with an axle

They have noted a problem that started at least 20 miles before the accident. No one has ruled that a better breaking system wouldn't have stopped the derailment.

I might get a flat tire which is the reason for my problems, but ABS is going to make stopping safer.

They have noted a problem that started at least 20 miles before the accident. No one has ruled that a better breaking system wouldn't have stopped the derailment.

I might get a flat tire which is the reason for my problems, but ABS is going to make stopping safer.
how is anti-lock break system going to keep you from getting a flat tire? I take bakc what I said about the axle....upon further study, it appears the cause was a overheated wheel bearing. Now, could there be better regulations, such as limiting the amount of cars on a train? Yes. But there is zero evidence the reg, dealing with oil tankers, that the dembot propagandist pointed to had anything to do with this, moreover, it could have been put back in place over the past two years.

What it is, is dembots looking to point blame at someone else because they are getting heat for the horrible response by Mayor Pete and the Xiden admin

how is anti-lock break system going to keep you from getting a flat tire? I take bakc what I said about the axle....upon further study, it appears the cause was a overheated wheel bearing. Now, could there be better regulations, such as limiting the amount of cars on a train? Yes. But there is zero evidence the reg, dealing with oil tankers, that the dembot propagandist pointed to had anything to do with this, moreover, it could have been put back in place over the past two years.

What it is, is dembots looking to point blame at someone else because they are getting heat for the horrible response by Mayor Pete and the Xiden admin
But.....but....ORANGE MAN BAD!

1 We do not know it had nothing to do with the brakes and 2. again, so says you.
You’re 100% right, we don’t know that it didn’t, but we also don’t know that it did, but that’s not then point, the point is, the Obama rule wouldn’t have applied to this train.

N

Not arguing that. It may have helped, but this blame trump game is misplaced because his repealing the rule wouldn’t have affect this incident.

Also, Biden and dems have had 2 years to reenact it. Why haven’t they? Why are they not talking about it now? After this, it’s the first thing out legislators should have done.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

No, not me, lefty sites.

I've covered this.

Former regulators and rail workers told The Lever News that the Norfolk Southern trains should have been designated as hazardous given the risks of carrying vinyl chloride, and that ECP would have at least reduced the damage caused by bringing the trains to halt more quickly.

Years Before East Palestine Disaster, Congressional Allies of the Rail Industry Intervened to Block Safety Regulations

Obama, Trump and Biden all failed us.

Forum List

Back