McCain picks Sarah Palin

Like it or not, McCain supporters but this pick takes a lot of wind out of the "no experience" sail the McCain campaign has been flying

Just as Biden takes a lot of wind out of the "change" sail Obama's been flying.

And Alaska is bigger than the states of North Dakota, Wyoming, and Vermont.

Palin was chosen because she is pro-gun, pro-life, and a woman.

She has ZERO national political and foreign policy experience.

This shows that McCain cares more about getting elected than he does about the future of America.

Yeah, because everyone knows Canada isn't part of the US, and Russia doesn't exist just across the water from Alaska. And we all know ANWAR isn't a national issue...nor the Alaskan pipeline.

Fucking idiot. Do you even know where Alaska is, or anything about it?

As Veep, she'll get plenty in the next 4 years, before she runs against Hillary in 2012.

McCain is 72 years old, has had 5 different cancers removed from his body, and is on 5 different medications. He won't make it through 4 years.

He may not make it to the election.

This is a terrible pick for America.

Palin was chosen because she is pro-gun, pro-life, and a woman.

She has ZERO national political and foreign policy experience.

This shows that McCain cares more about getting elected than he does about the future of America.

Usual tactic of copy/pasting the same post over and over again in threads, there extreme partisan Kirkster?

Thanks for those debate videos, jsanders.

Like any pick, Sarah Palin, brings her pros and cons.

First and foremost, I suspect McCain is hoping Palin will work as a wedge between Obama and the Hillary/woman vote.

She's also an outsider, with a fresh, attractive face ... and she seems very amicable. That alone is going to pick up votes.

As an Alaskan politician one can only guess that she will have a pretty good grasp of the oil industry ... that will help tremendously with the drilling issue.

Mother of five with a down syndrome child and a solid pro-lifer if he had some unsure voters about him on that issue, this pick should eliminate their apprehensions.

And she solidifies Alaska for McCain.

Now ...

Like it or not, McCain supporters but this pick takes a lot of wind out of the "no experience" sail the McCain campaign has been flying ... especially with McCain's age and health being a legit issue.

Yeah, she has executive experience ... less than two years as Governor of the least (correct me if I'm wrong) populous state in the Union ... and she took it away from a guy who at the time was the second least popular Governor in the Union.

This also leaves McCain open to attacks that he is pandering to the woman vote and trying to catalyze a "Hillary Effect."

Nobody knows how she is going to handle the national stage. Alaska is a small isolated community. Taking down a hugely unpopular governor there is a completely different game than meeting Joe Biden in a one on one debate on national and global issues. Granted Biden will have to change his approach in the debate as he can't be seen as picking on the girl but he is still a big favorite to convincingly win the debate (and yes, I watched the round table debates). But she is very easy on the eyes and as long as she doesn't do horrible the public will not be able to help themselves from liking her.

She comes with a gift wrapped scandal but I suspect that the GOP already has a plan to deal with it otherwise she wouldn't have been picked.

She is going to have to watch her mouth, too, and answers like this:

McCain praises VP choice Palin's 'tenacity' - John McCain News - MSNBC.com

You mean to say McCain is cynically using a woman? :eek:

She'll know what to do if we have problems with the caraboo....

caraboo_in_danali.jpg

McCain is 72 years old, has had 5 different cancers removed from his body, and is on 5 different medications. He won't make it through 4 years.

He may not make it to the election.

This is a terrible pick for America.

yet you support a presidential candidate with no more experience than this, to try and run the country immediately?

Gimme an H... gimme a Y... gimme a P-O-C.... gimme an R... gimme an I... gimme a big SY... what does it spell??

HYPOCRISY

VP is a viable position where experience is gained... and it has been used in that way MANY times by BOTH parties

Just as Biden takes a lot of wind out of the "change" sail Obama's been flying.

Yes.

I would argue that the Palin pick highlights the contradicting message more than the Biden pick but to each his own.

And Alaska is bigger than the states of North Dakota, Wyoming, and Vermont.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

yet you support a presidential candidate with no more experience than this, to try and run the country immediately?

Gimme an H... gimme a Y... gimme a P-O-C.... gimme an R... gimme an I... gimme a big SY... what does it spell??

HYPOCRISY

VP is a viable position where experience is gained... and it has been used in that way MANY times by BOTH parties

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

how hilarious to see the dems scramble to explain that she is too inexperienced!

i have been watching video of her all morning and i like her already! :)

Stand by for their spasmodic, vulgar sputterings of hate and further evidence of their need for professional mental health management....

His mother is like 94 and could kick your liberal ass.

So what?

McCain is so out of it right now, that his handlers won't let him talk unscripted to the media anymore.

I can hardly wait for the debates.

Forum List

Back