McCarthy elected Speaker.

Those trying to survive find it different. Old Joe..."Folk's hamburger is only a dollar more a pound". The sayings of Joe.
what's a few more dollars or even a huge number of dollars more for someone like bidim who can get all the money he wants from... "foreign investments"

:mad:

What I don't get, is, through this entire ordeal, I hadn't watched any TEE VEE, or listened to the radio at all.

I did read a few articles, but I got the sense, from members here on the forum, that left MSM media, was telling the left, that it was the MAGA crowed that was doing the division.

I sort of got the sense that it was the Ron Paul, hard libertarian types that had caused all this ruckus.

I have long sought to have the Tea Party sub-forum re-named the freedom caucus sub-forum, if it had been. . . a lot of threads would have been put there, and, we might have been seeing a lot of threads get put that way, if that change could be made.

Too bad we don't have a permanent admin on staff. Getting those types of changes are hard. We get a sub-forum title, it is with us for a decade. lol
no idea what you are saying. Maybe you're saying that Tea Party people should be censored by having their threads placed in some low traffic usmb area

figures

12:30 Eastern time. 1-7-2023

15 rounds of voting.

Big win for the Freedom Caucus.
/----/
5e1eada8d22920fe.jpg

Just a question for those in such opposition here....Who would you like to have seen in the Speaker position?

Just a question for those in such opposition here....Who would you like to have seen in the Speaker position?
Any true Independent who would steer the House to anything other that tit-for-tat political 'investigations' and Kabuki politics designed to stir up the party faithful.
Given that, AFAIK, there are NO Independents in the House. An impossible dream.

Of which no legislation will get done, wiithout the Senate.

The Do Nothing Congress.

A Church style committee on Intel agencies, is a good idea imo, when and if done in a bipartisan manner.

They better not blow up the government.... Which chances are HIGH that they will.... Which will hurt every American, poor and rich, white and black, native or immigrant. Business or individual etc etc :eek:

"Look ma, I gots me the gavel."

[IMG]

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it sorta looks like he's already hitting himself in the head with it. An act he will no doubt want to perform again and again in the future. And if he doesn't, I'm sure members of the Crazy will oblige.

Kevin is speaker in name only after giving away the store to the far right faction that now has more control over the goings on than he does. Notably, the nutters have been promised three seats on the Rules Committee. It controls what legislation reaches the floor and in what form. Also, spending bills would have to be considered under so-called open rules, allowing any member to put to a vote an unlimited number of changes that could gut the legislation altogether. Finally, in the ultimate act of self sabotage, he allowed for the ability of a single member of the House to call for a resolution to vote for a new Speaker.

So congrats Mr. McCarthy. You've lost all self respect, the respect of your colleagues, and the respect of America, all to "preside" over a body you have no chance of controlling. The anti-government trolls are in charge, determined to prove that government is something to be scorned. They're off to a flying start.

Of which no legislation will get done, wiithout the Senate.

The Do Nothing Congress.

A Church style committee on Intel agencies, is a good idea imo, when and if done in a bipartisan manner.

They better not blow up the government.... Which chances are HIGH that they will.... Which will hurt every American, poor and rich, white and black, native or immigrant. Business or individual etc etc :eek:
Most of it is just common sense.

We shouldn't be passing 1.7 trillion dollar omnibus bills that no one has read...that's idiocy.

There shouldn't be earmark spending in appropriations bills.

We should be closing the border.

Term limits I'm not a big proponent of. We have term limits... they're called elections. But that's just me... others have different opinions.

[IMG]

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it sorta looks like he's already hitting himself in the head with it. An act he will no doubt want to perform again and again in the future. And if he doesn't, I'm sure members of the Crazy will oblige.

Kevin is speaker in name only after giving away the store to the far right faction that now has more control over the goings on than he does. Notably, the nutters have been promised three seats on the Rules Committee. It controls what legislation reaches the floor and in what form. Also, spending bills would have to be considered under so-called open rules, allowing any member to put to a vote an unlimited number of changes that could gut the legislation altogether. Finally, in the ultimate act of self sabotage, he allowed for the ability of a single member of the House to call for a resolution to vote for a new Speaker.

So congrats Mr. McCarthy. You've lost all self respect, the respect of your colleagues, and the respect of America, all to "preside" over a body you have no chance of controlling. The anti-government trolls are in charge, determined to prove that government is something to be scorned. They're off to a flying start.
My question is, if any one congress critter can call for a vote for a new speaker, can any Democrat Congress critter also call for a new vote for a new Speaker?

[IMG]

That's the "funny" part. McCarthy gave away almost all his bodily organs for what? To have his name added to the list of former Speakers of the House?

He will be added to the history rolls as the weakest and least successful Speaker...following the most successful one.

Good job Kev you stupid fuck

What is about to unfold in the House is like what would happen if you took a collection of the Craziest nutter conservatives on this board and effectively gave them control over "the people's house." Because no Trumper here is any Crazier than Andy Biggs or Scott Perry or Matt Gaetz.
I was gonna name a couple to argue against that...but nope. Dead on

That's the "funny" part. McCarthy gave away almost all his bodily organs for what? To have his name added to the list of former Speakers of the House?

He will be added to the history rolls as the weakest and least successful Speaker...following the most successful one.

Good job Kev you stupid fuck
Now that we're done laughing out loud at the sight of the children playing in the sandbox comes the frightening realization the ones eating the sand are in charge.

Forum List

Back