McCarthy likely short of Speaker votes...

I'm quoting the news.. he is not giving up!

That's because you are reading Yahoo News ... And it isn't "historic" ... :auiqs.jpg:
The record so far is 133 ballots over two months ... Before Representative Nathaniel Banks was named Speaker in 1855.

14 times in the history of the House multiple votes have been required.
Representative McCarthy is in no way compelled to give up ... But still doesn't have the votes necessary.

That's because you are reading Yahoo News ... And it isn't "historic" ... :auiqs.jpg:
The record so far is 133 ballots over two months ... Before Representative Nathaniel Banks was named Speaker in 1855.

Representative McCarthy is in no way compelled to give up ... But still doesn't have the votes necessary.

That's good then, I don't like him! :tongue:

That's good then, I don't like him! :tongue:

I am not really fond of Representative McCarthy either ... Just sharing what it is and what I found out looking.

It was probably a bit of useless knowledge, but I found the story interesting.
The Whig Party had just disintegrated, which left the House without a clear majority for any party.

Only to have his ass handed to him by Stonewall Jackson twice in 1862. ;)

RINO McCarthy - Not America First: Ukraine First

Y8ZGof0.png

I used to watch news way more than I do today.

I would like someone here to tell us not so well informed folks why McCarthy is a RINO

Some of us just cannot watch news half as much as we would like

:(

Only to have his ass handed to him by Stonewall Jackson twice in 1862. ;)

Hey Thanks ... Love it when a history buff refreshes my memory.
I knew there was something else I should have remembered about General Banks.

He's the Union General that screwed the pooch and completely messed up the Red River Campaign.
He was having meetings with cotton speculators during the campaign and a large portion of his troops were picking cotton.
and nowhere near the battlefield when they needed to be ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back