McCarthy summons GOP factions to counter threat of a new conservative rebellion

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
This Trump backed liberal Republican needs to be unseated. I'm sick of these liberal Republicans. They're getting as bad as the democrats.

But several hard-right Republicans left the speaker’s meeting less than satisfied, with several must-pass bills hanging in the balance.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy is working furiously to prevent another House floor takeover by his hardest-right conservatives as the GOP prepares to tackle some of the year’s biggest bills.

With the House back for a final stretch before its August recess, McCarthy on Tuesday afternoon summoned a group of leaders from multiple corners of his conference to shape a strategy for staving off further right-wing revolts — which his team can’t afford this summer. Underscoring the urgency of their task, the group of GOP lawmakers met in the shadow of what could become a new right-flank rebellion over the rule for debating a must-pass Pentagon policy bill.

“The speaker has called these meetings...........

This Trump backed liberal Republican needs to be unseated. I'm sick of these liberal Republicans. They're getting as bad as the democrats.

But several hard-right Republicans left the speaker’s meeting less than satisfied, with several must-pass bills hanging in the balance.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy is working furiously to prevent another House floor takeover by his hardest-right conservatives as the GOP prepares to tackle some of the year’s biggest bills.

With the House back for a final stretch before its August recess, McCarthy on Tuesday afternoon summoned a group of leaders from multiple corners of his conference to shape a strategy for staving off further right-wing revolts — which his team can’t afford this summer. Underscoring the urgency of their task, the group of GOP lawmakers met in the shadow of what could become a new right-flank rebellion over the rule for debating a must-pass Pentagon policy bill.

“The speaker has called these meetings...........
More left wing sourcing…

How many times can DT kick himself in the balls?
How did he not see that by endorsing McCarthy he would hurt all of us in the long run?

He has done it repeatedly & continues to do so.
Rona Romney, Lindsay Graham, Bill Barr, Chris Wray, Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell, etc...
All of them will gladly take his help & then stab him in the back at crunch time.

He can't even wake up & tell us what we already know- Operation Warp Speed was a mistake & the clot shots are complete crap that have done more harm than good.
WTH? it's like he's pathologically incapable of admitting a mistake or even recognizing when someone is just shining him on.
For ya'll that think DT can do no wrong, you're encroaching on Dem level cognitive dissonance

How did he not see that by endorsing McCarthy he would hurt all of us in the long run?

Rona Romney, Lindsay Graham, Bill Barr, Chris Wray, Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell, etc...
All of them will gladly take his help & then stab him in the back at crunch time.

He can't even wake up & tell us what we already know- Operation Warp Speed was a mistake & the clot shots are complete crap that have done more harm than good.
WTH? it's like he's pathologically incapable of admitting a mistake or even recognizing when someone is just shining him on.
For ya'll that think DT can do no wrong, you're encroaching on Dem level cognitive dissonance

I can only thank you once.. So here's 1,000 more thank you's.

Nothing new. This is how the sausage is made, and always has been made.
Unless they give up and just do CRs.

When Chip Roy, Matt Gaetz and the others 7 stood up against McCarthy, they did so with some very legit reason. And a LOT of Trump supporters were backing Roy and Gaetz. That is until Trump stuck his nose in and told them to support McCarthy.

I was standing there thinking, "Ok, this is going to be the one thing that proves to the Trump supporters that Trumps not the conservative he identifies as. That he's just another big government liberal republican swamp creature, with a good sales pitch" But nope, they totally ignored his support for McCarthy, ignore McCarthys record, and caved. As they were told to do.

McCarthy has already given away too much power to MAGA

MAGA demanded a default and McCarthy compromised with Biden

McCarthy has already given away too much power to MAGA

MAGA demanded a default and McCarthy compromised with Biden

MAGA? You mean the Trumpcucks in the House and Senate? Most of them are behind McCarthy. Why? Because like Trump, McCarthy is nothing more than a liberal Republican. Same as most of those up there who are still supporting Trump.

There's only a hand full of conservative republicans who could care less about Trump.

Prove it?
Hardline Republicans are stonewalling the defense bill as part of their war on “wokeness." Will the House speaker be able to hold his narrow majority together?

OK, the link I just posted seems to agree with the OP. McCarthy has his work cut out for him if he wants to pass legislation.
I agree with the members who say that the money needs to have strings promoting "readiness" over "wokeness".

I have active duty family members, so I do have a serious interest in promoting readiness.

Trump is a terrible judge of character. He falls all over anyone who says nice things about him and attacks anyone who is the least bit critical. McConnell played him like a fiddle when it came to appointments.

I think he doesn't have some kind of psychopathology when it comes to admitting mistakes.

The republican party is a big tent. Nobody dares even opening their mouth in the democrat party. It's like CUSA on steroids.

Forum List

Back