🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald Shooting: Justifiable ? Or Not ?

This is a cockup of serious proportions. The cop fucked up and should have been charged a long, long time ago. Only reason it would seem to me he was charged now was to take the fuse out of the bomb that was going to be lit when the video was released under a judge's order.

I am not a cop hater. In some of the past situations I shrugged and said 'he got what he paid for' just like a lot of people. In this case I cannot take that position. I cannot agree with 16 shots, some of which were pumped into a prone, motionless individual, I cannot agree with this long of a time to charge this guy and/or release this video.

I see problems from multiple angles at multiple levels including the cop that did the shooting, the other cops on scene, the department itself, the state's attorney's office and who knows who else.

We'll see what comes out in the wash, but this one stinks. Welcome to Chicago.
Something stinks alright. Bad cops being protected. Puts the good ones in danger.
In danger from who? Fucking criminals? Feral negro thugs? Gang bangers?
I can't imagine why a lawing abiding peace loving citizen would go after a LEO. So who else would put a LEO in "danger"?

This is a cockup of serious proportions. The cop fucked up and should have been charged a long, long time ago. Only reason it would seem to me he was charged now was to take the fuse out of the bomb that was going to be lit when the video was released under a judge's order.

I am not a cop hater. In some of the past situations I shrugged and said 'he got what he paid for' just like a lot of people. In this case I cannot take that position. I cannot agree with 16 shots, some of which were pumped into a prone, motionless individual, I cannot agree with this long of a time to charge this guy and/or release this video.

I see problems from multiple angles at multiple levels including the cop that did the shooting, the other cops on scene, the department itself, the state's attorney's office and who knows who else.

The city where I was born.
The LEO should never have been charged with first degree murder. That's 'premeditation'. The Pros. REALLY fucked up.
The LEO will plea to manslaughter. The case will never go to trial.

I've lived in the area my entire life.

This sucks. We need the police. We need to respect and support the police. I wouldn't be a cop in that area for anything and have nothing but respect for those with the nads to do that job day in day out in an area that is about as dangerous as it gets in any major American city. This is a bad, bad, bad situation all the way around.

Something stinks alright. Bad cops being protected. Puts the good ones in danger.
In danger from who? Fucking criminals? Feral negro thugs? Gang bangers?
I can't imagine why a lawing abiding peace loving citizen would go after a LEO. So who else would put a LEO in "danger"?
Feral white chimps are always a danger in rural Texas.

The LEO should never have been charged with first degree murder. That's 'premeditation'. The Pros. REALLY fucked up.

This sucks. We need the police. We need to respect and support the police. I wouldn't be a cop in that area for anything and have nothing but respect for those with the nads to do that job day in day out in an area that is about as dangerous as it gets in any major American city. This is a bad, bad, bad situation all the way around.
Yes it is. Very very bad. And it's going to get worse. LEO's are human beings tasked with doing an incredibly dangerous and thankless job. 99.9% of their interaction with folks are professionally and peacefully handled. Very rarely does a LEO cross the line, as one did IMO in this case.
He'll plead and get agree to a charge of manslaughter and get about four years.

novel idea! MAYBE the kid should have stopped and put his hands up and obeyed the police?

Since when is killing someone for walking away from the Police justified? Where do you live? In Saudi Arabia?

Novel idea! Maybe there shouldn't be as many callous racist motherfuckers like you around for this civilisation of ours to actually work!
funny you don't want to put up with him and you expect he put up with you. Typical for a leftturd.

The Police erased another video of the Incident because they were trying to Obstruct Justice

Burger King Confirms Chicago Police Deleted Video Of McDonald Shooting
Source: Crooks And Liars

On the heels of dashcam footage of the Laquan McDonald shooting released today, other news is coming out about how Chicago police worked to suppress video proving he was shot without justification.

According to NBC News Chicago, 86 minutes of security video was missing after the shooting, after police ran through and reviewed it but before any official investigation had been opened, and Burger King has confirmed that it was deleted by police reviewing the video.

After the shooting, according to Jay Darshane, the District Manager for Burger King, four to five police officers wearing blue and white shirts entered the restaurant and asked to view the video and were given the password to the equipment. Three hours later they left, he said.

The next day, when an investigator from the Independent Police Review Authority asked to view the security footage, it was discovered that the 86 minutes of video was missing.

Read more: Burger King Confirms Chicago Police Deleted Video Of McDonald Shooting
old news.

Yes it is. Very very bad. And it's going to get worse. LEO's are human beings tasked with doing an incredibly dangerous and thankless job. 99.9% of their interaction with folks are professionally and peacefully handled. Very rarely does a LEO cross the line, as one did IMO in this case.
He'll plead and get agree to a charge of manslaughter and get about four years.

I agree 100% with most of that.

In terms of eventual outcome, sentence, etc. I don't know. I think the political pressure will be there to make an example of this guy to make it seem as if the state's attorney and department didn't shit the bed, after they've clearly just got done shitting the bed.

They didn't want this to come to light, but now that it has they'll turn on him, IMO. Not because I want to see that happen if it is not justified, but because these people are worried about nothing more than their own asses, so if they have to give the masses some raw meat to distance themselves from this they'll do exactly that without hesitation. Nothing bites faster than a politician caught with his/her hand in the cookie jar.

I guess we'll see.

Everyone seems to be saying that the shooting by Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke of Laquan McDonald was unjustified.
I'm not so sure about that. Reviewing the video, it looks like the the kid WAS a threat to the cop. Through the whole video, the kid has his left hand in his pocket. No one can know if he has a gun in his left hand, inside that pocket. Suddenly, he spun around and took his hand out of the pocket. That's the way shooters do it (to conceal the gun behind their body just as they shoot)

What if the kid had a gun in that left hand and fired it ? (which the cop couldn't see). We'd now have a dead cop. Let's remember the cop has only a second to think, the kid engaged in a very threatening movement, when he suddenly turned around, and his hand was still in his pocket at the time of the turnaround.

The number of shots fired, does seem to be excessive, but let's not forget the stakes involved here for the cop, as we safely watch the video, that if anything goes wrong with this. Those stakes are his life.

I would be interested to see videos of other encounters similar to this, where a suspect with hand in pocket suddenly turns about and fires a gun, killing a cop. Then everyone says the cop should have shot him.

This cop is a murderer. The cops with him at the scene are not because they showed proper restraint.

Really, its ok to continue shooting someone once they are on the ground?

Everyone seems to be saying that the shooting by Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke of Laquan McDonald was unjustified.
I'm not so sure about that. Reviewing the video, it looks like the the kid WAS a threat to the cop. Through the whole video, the kid has his left hand in his pocket. No one can know if he has a gun in his left hand, inside that pocket. Suddenly, he spun around and took his hand out of the pocket. That's the way shooters do it (to conceal the gun behind their body just as they shoot)

What if the kid had a gun in that left hand and fired it ? (which the cop couldn't see). We'd now have a dead cop. Let's remember the cop has only a second to think, the kid engaged in a very threatening movement, when he suddenly turned around, and his hand was still in his pocket at the time of the turnaround.

The number of shots fired, does seem to be excessive, but let's not forget the stakes involved here for the cop, as we safely watch the video, that if anything goes wrong with this. Those stakes are his life.

I would be interested to see videos of other encounters similar to this, where a suspect with hand in pocket suddenly turns about and fires a gun, killing a cop. Then everyone says the cop should have shot him.

This cop is a murderer. The cops with him at the scene are not because they showed proper restraint.

The "kid" (all these fucking negro thugs are always "kids) might have told the cops he had a gun in his pocket. YOU don't know! He refused to take his hand out of his pocket. When he was shot and went down there was no way of knowing if the "kid" might pull a gun and shoot at the cops.
All this happens in seconds. Sometimes it turns out messy.
PRO TIP FOR FUCKING CAREER CRIMINAL 'KIDS': Don't fuck up your life on PCP.
Don't walk down the middle of the road high on PCP.
When the cops arrive and tell you to put both heads on your head fucking do it!
Don't refuse to take one hand out of your pocket.
Don't wave around a fucking knife.
But fuck it. You were too fucking stupid to listen so now you can listen from your grave.
Anyone else see a pattern here? Negro "kids" breaking the law get into confrontations with LE and the "kids" get their hats shot off.
I mean really. How fucking stupid can one race be to constantly do something that always ends with the same result but expecting a different result?
I think someone said that's the definition of insanity.

Aside from the issue if the shooting was justified or not, First Degree murder requires that it was premeditated. There is no way it was premeditated.

Unless the cop comes up with amazing excuse - er, reason, that isn't visible on that video, I don't know how either the first shot or the rest of them can be considered justifiable.

Ahh that's easy "life in danger" ..."fear for saftey"...yanno, the old classics that can't be refuted.

why were the other cops there if the dude wasn't a threat?

A jury will decide if it was justified or not. None of us have all the facts to make that determination
well we know he was breaking into cars, he had pcp in his system, he had a knife and was in Chicago. All legal stuff right there.

A jury will decide if it was justified or not. None of us have all the facts to make that determination
well we know he was breaking into cars, he had pcp in his system, he had a knife and was in Chicago. All legal stuff right there.
NONE of which is a capital offense. How bout we wait for the judicial system to run its appropriate course?

NONE of which is a capital offense. How bout we wait for the judicial system to run its appropriate course?
oh and I forgot resisting arrest in there, that one might get him there.

The real question for the public is how many times BSNBC is going to replay the video in an attempt to incite violence for ratings.

They so badly NEED this Chicago incident to break into a huge Ferguson level story. ANYTHING to get Paris and ISIS out of the headlines. Rahm Emanuel sat on this shit for 400 days. He gave Obama a gift. Obama was being humiliated by his foreign policy disaster. Media so so badly wants Chicago to dominate the news.

So far....protests are peaceful and disappointing them.

Forum List

Back