🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald Shooting: Justifiable ? Or Not ?

This cop is a murderer. The cops with him at the scene are not because they showed proper restraint.

Really, its ok to continue shooting someone once they are on the ground?
Maybe if you saw videos of cops being shot to death by criminals who were "on the ground" you might think different of it. Since when does being on the ground mean you can't shoot a gun ?

So when is a cop prohibited from shooting someone. Be specific. Or in your mind there aren't any scenarios where a cop can't unload 16 shots into a human body and then claim 'I was a'sceered'.
Aside from the justifiable issue, the number of rounds is irrelevant. Once the decision to shoot is made the target is to die. Not winged, dead. Shooting people in the hand or shoulder is Hollywood.

Yeah....thankfully you aren't in law enforcement and they see things differently. Which is why he is charged with murder.

Bon apetit.

This cop is a murderer. The cops with him at the scene are not because they showed proper restraint.

Maybe if you saw videos of cops being shot to death by criminals who were "on the ground" you might think different of it. Since when does being on the ground mean you can't shoot a gun ?

So when is a cop prohibited from shooting someone. Be specific. Or in your mind there aren't any scenarios where a cop can't unload 16 shots into a human body and then claim 'I was a'sceered'.
Aside from the justifiable issue, the number of rounds is irrelevant. Once the decision to shoot is made the target is to die. Not winged, dead. Shooting people in the hand or shoulder is Hollywood.

Yeah....thankfully you aren't in law enforcement and they see things differently. Which is why he is charged with murder.

Bon apetit.
Been thru police training. Wasn't paying back in the day so didn't continue down that path.
And like I said earlier, 1st degree murder require premeditation. Something smells, no way it was premeditated.

Bon apetit.
Been thru police training. Wasn't paying back in the day so didn't continue down that path.
And like I said earlier, 1st degree murder require premeditation. Something smells, no way it was premeditated.

There are other degrees of murder. I didn't see anyone refer to it as '1st degree' murder.

Regardless, he murdered this person. And he should hang for it. Video doesn't lie.

Bon apetit.

There are other degrees of murder. I didn't see anyone refer to it as '1st degree' murder.

Regardless, he murdered this person. And he should hang for it. Video doesn't lie.
Then you need to keep up, he has been charged with 1st degree murder.

Bon apetit.

Thanks Percy, I think it will be harder to prove 1st degree. He should be charged with 2nd degree. States have their own versions of these things, as do cities, and I think some of them only have murder 1 or manslaughter.

I know this, if this guy is aquitted Chicago and many other cities will ignite and you can't blame them. It does appear the police can do anything, kill anyone, and then claim "I was scared" and get off.

If this doesn't change we are headed for many burning fires.

This guy will be convicted of at least manslaughter and likely 2nd degree murder. It was murder.

You people that defend these losers are just gone. The OTHER cops there deserve defending, not the scumbag who thinks himself god of humanity.
You haven't shown one shred of evidence to refute the OP. Until then, you're just spouting hot air. And it sounds like you're defending the goofball kid who caused all this, (and his parents). And when's the last time you were in confrontation where you knew at any next moment you might be shot dead ?

Eldorado.
Cadillac

Bon apetit.

Thanks Percy, I think it will be harder to prove 1st degree. He should be charged with 2nd degree. States have their own versions of these things, as do cities, and I think some of them only have murder 1 or manslaughter.

I know this, if this guy is aquitted Chicago and many other cities will ignite and you can't blame them. It does appear the police can do anything, kill anyone, and then claim "I was scared" and get off.

Why? It wouldn't be their families affected, you're promoting hate you fk!!

Bon apetit.

Interesting scenario. No sane jury can convict for murder 1, so this fits right into the belief Dems want huge riots next year.

Bon apetit.

BTW, this is an example of big government.

Bon apetit.

And they can fk off.

Bon apetit.

I simply point out reality. You seem to live in perpetual fantasy land where 'everything is ok'. It isn't.

Bon apetit.

Weatherman, promoter of big government. You love big government.as long as it is forcing your beliefs on people. Then you call it 'small' government.

I simply point out reality. You seem to live in perpetual fantasy land where 'everything is ok'. It isn't.
No you're calling out for disorder

He will be convicted, and once again protectionist will look stupid.
You're looking stupid right now, just from saying that. It wouldn't make anyone look stupid if the cop gets convicted. If he gets convicted, all it means is they are throwing him under the bus to avoid riots. Who doesn't know that ?

Dumb question. Cops can shoot people same as when private citizens can shoot them. When it is a matter of self-defense. Duh! They also can shoot them when they are a felon who is fleeing (Fleeing Felon Rule) which is why Michael Slager is unjustly in jail right now in South Carolina.. Another case of sacrificing a cop to appease rioters.

Everyone seems to be saying that the shooting by Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke of Laquan McDonald was unjustified.
I'm not so sure about that. Reviewing the video, it looks like the the kid WAS a threat to the cop. Through the whole video, the kid has his left hand in his pocket. No one can know if he has a gun in his left hand, inside that pocket. Suddenly, he spun around and took his hand out of the pocket. That's the way shooters do it (to conceal the gun behind their body just as they shoot)

What if the kid had a gun in that left hand and fired it ? (which the cop couldn't see). We'd now have a dead cop. Let's remember the cop has only a second to think, the kid engaged in a very threatening movement, when he suddenly turned around, and his hand was still in his pocket at the time of the turnaround.

The number of shots fired, does seem to be excessive, but let's not forget the stakes involved here for the cop, as we safely watch the video, that if anything goes wrong with this. Those stakes are his life.

I would be interested to see videos of other encounters similar to this, where a suspect with hand in pocket suddenly turns about and fires a gun, killing a cop. Then everyone says the cop should have shot him.

The kid was not making any threatening moves. Thus the shooting was not justified. I have no idea how they are going to go for First Degree Murder, but I can see 2nd Degree with no problem at all.

Dumb question. Cops can shoot people same as when private citizens can shoot them. When it is a matter of self-defense. Duh! They also can shoot them when they are a felon who is fleeing (Fleeing Felon Rule) which is why Michael Slager is unjustly in jail right now in South Carolina.. Another case of sacrificing a cop to appease rioters.

Most States no longer allow you to shoot fleeing felons.

The kid was not making any threatening moves. Thus the shooting was not justified. I have no idea how they are going to go for First Degree Murder, but I can see 2nd Degree with no problem at all.
First degree initial charges are meant just to pacify the ignorant rabble. It'll be second with 10 years, out in 5 with good behavior by which time no one will care.

Forum List

Back