🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald Shooting: Justifiable ? Or Not ?

Yea, I hear what OP's saying, and its true the hand in the pocket thing is a valid concern, but only to a point. The officer in this case did pretty much jump out of his car and shoot the guy; I mean at most we're talking he /may/ have had time to issue one verbal warning before shooting him. Though I'll agree the guy was doing illegal shit and certainly needed to be contained for the danger he posed to the public, there was no danger at that time and the guy wasn't in any danger of "getting away." I'm seeing this as a bad shoot.

Not. The first shots maybe legally justified. Morally...a police supervisor would say a taser could easily have been tried (although the Taser Corporation strongly discourages using a taser vs a knife because he could fall on the knife and die).

But the shots after he was downed? Not justified. Cop threw himself under this bus. Sucks for all the other Chicago cops whose reputation he just wrecked.
The cops supposedly called in for an officer with a taser before officer fuckhead decided to pump 16 shots into the kid.

As to number of shots fired, that's just how every officer is trained. I received that same training when working security - empty your weapon. Logic being, that under combat stress you're not shooting accurately so the more shots you fire, the greater the chance you'll actually hit the target. If you feel justified to fire at all, you're not firing to wound, you're firing to kill.
I don't think officers are trained to shoot someone 14 times when they are already on the ground.

How Chicago tried to cover up a police execution
CUoXiT_UAAEjuH1.png

How Chicago tried to cover up a police execution

What Police Said About The Killing Of Laquan McDonald Before The Video Showed What Really Happened

Missing Minutes From Security Video Raises Questions

Not. The first shots maybe legally justified. Morally...a police supervisor would say a taser could easily have been tried (although the Taser Corporation strongly discourages using a taser vs a knife because he could fall on the knife and die).

But the shots after he was downed? Not justified. Cop threw himself under this bus. Sucks for all the other Chicago cops whose reputation he just wrecked.
The cop did not "wreck" any other cop's reputation.
Any sane person knows you can't label a whole group based on the actions of one individual in that group.
Wise up.

Any sane person knows you can't label a whole group based on the actions of one individual in that group.
Wise up.

Hey man....I'm as pro cop as anyone on this board. But you know as well as I do....the leftist turds in media are on a crusade against cops and reality is....they lump all cops in with the tiny % of bad ones. THEY WILL NEVER use that reasoning to lump all blacks or all Muslims in with the few bad ones of those groups. But you know how it is. Chicago's great cops will be affected by this moron for years.

^ This is unfortunately true. And all the while they will admonish those of us who are alarmed by the refugee situation as lumping everyone together as terrorists.

I think the LEO 'lost it' after he fired the first couple of rounds. This can happen and does.
"In for a dime in for a dollar".
The first degree murder charge was a huge mistake.
The LEO is going to plea to voluntary manslaughter and get about four years in a low security Federal prison in the middle of a nice forest. He'll be confined with a bunch of non-violent white collar prisoners and get lots of recreation time by the swimming pool and some tasty meals.
Then he'll be relocated and given a nice quiet job working in a rural gardening business. He'll change his name and never be heard of again.
The Chicagoland ghetto thugs will loot and burn causing the city hundreds of millions of dollars for reconstruction.

Wise up.

Hey man....I'm as pro cop as anyone on this board. But you know as well as I do....the leftist turds in media are on a crusade against cops and reality is....they lump all cops in with the tiny % of bad ones. THEY WILL NEVER use that reasoning to lump all blacks or all Muslims in with the few bad ones of those groups. But you know how it is. Chicago's great cops will be affected by this moron for years.
The problem in this case it that way too many people/cops were involved in what looks to be a cover up. The only reason this guy was charged was because a judge forced the city to release the video. It shouldn't have taken 13 months for this cop to get charged. There are also rumors of cops deleting 80 mins of video from a surveillance system of a nearby business.

It took a long time to release the video because the city had to construct the situation into being a bad shoot.

Wise up.

The problem in this case it that way too many people/cops were involved in what looks to be a cover up. The only reason this guy was charged was because a judge forced the city to release the video. It shouldn't have taken 13 months for this cop to get charged. There are also rumors of cops deleting 80 mins of video from a surveillance system of a nearby business.
That's right. 'Cops' are able to tamper with evidence. That's bullshit. The chain of evidence handling is virtually impossible to fuck around with. The legal system has made sure of that.
The evidence lockup in metropolitan cities is tighter than Fort Knox.
LEO don't even joke about fucking around with evidence found at a crime scene right up to being presented in court among themselves.

Wise up.
You are right, and yet you demonize people of color.

Yup, thirteen in blue are being investigated for corruption in this case.

This is a cockup of serious proportions. The cop fucked up and should have been charged a long, long time ago. Only reason it would seem to me he was charged now was to take the fuse out of the bomb that was going to be lit when the video was released under a judge's order.

I am not a cop hater. In some of the past situations I shrugged and said 'he got what he paid for' just like a lot of people. In this case I cannot take that position. I cannot agree with 16 shots, some of which were pumped into a prone, motionless individual, I cannot agree with this long of a time to charge this guy and/or release this video.

I see problems from multiple angles at multiple levels including the cop that did the shooting, the other cops on scene, the department itself, the state's attorney's office and who knows who else.

We'll see what comes out in the wash, but this one stinks. Welcome to Chicago.

The video clearly shows the kid walking away from the cops. They nor anyone else was in any imminent danger. It's first degree murder for a reason. Then this cop unloaded 16 bullets into him. I can't believe it took them a year to release this video.

Just stop with the bull-shit, even cops are saying it was murder and in no way justified.
Besides, none of the other cops, who were already there, had drawn their guns.

This is a cockup of serious proportions. The cop fucked up and should have been charged a long, long time ago. Only reason it would seem to me he was charged now was to take the fuse out of the bomb that was going to be lit when the video was released under a judge's order.

I am not a cop hater. In some of the past situations I shrugged and said 'he got what he paid for' just like a lot of people. In this case I cannot take that position. I cannot agree with 16 shots, some of which were pumped into a prone, motionless individual, I cannot agree with this long of a time to charge this guy and/or release this video.

I see problems from multiple angles at multiple levels including the cop that did the shooting, the other cops on scene, the department itself, the state's attorney's office and who knows who else.

Something stinks alright. Bad cops being protected. Puts the good ones in danger.

The city where I was born.
The LEO should never have been charged with first degree murder. That's 'premeditation'. The Pros. REALLY fucked up.
The LEO will plea to manslaughter. The case will never go to trial.

Forum List

Back