McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

The average McDonalds nets $156,000 on 2.6 million dollars in yearly sales. If they can't afford a wage increase out of the $156,000 how they hell are they going to purchase expensive automation equipment?

The Ugly Truth About Ed Rensi

Did you read the article you quoted? McDonalds head office takes 35% of that $2.6 million for rent, franchise fees and various other charges.

Considering that McDonalds made 9 billion net profit last year, they could certainly afford to adjust those fees to assist franchise owners with changes in the minimum wage.

McDonalds in Canada manages to pay $12 per hour and our prices are lower on some items that they are in the US. So does Walmart. Both corporations are very profitable in Canada. Puts the lie to the idea that these companies can't afford a wage hike.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Again, it has nothing to do with what McDonald's can afford, it has to do with paying people a wage the job is worth. Only a fool would pay somebody more money than they need to.

How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

The value of an employee is what an employer can get another person do to the same job for. That's it.

Exactly. And what part of that is dependent upon the value of production?

I'm calling bullshit.

They would have done the kiosk thing anyway.

How long does it take to design and develop the kiosks and computer programs? How long to install them nationwide?

This has been in the works longer than the call for wage increases.
If what you say were true, the minimum wage would still be what it was when it was first implemented. The argument to increase the minimum now is what it was when the first calls to raise it were made.

Bet the kiosks get the order correct far more often than the humans.

So what; robots don't complain about taxes for social services.

Why not unemployment compensation, simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment State; for the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

Someone not working shouldn't get paid.

I'm calling bullshit.

They would have done the kiosk thing anyway.

How long does it take to design and develop the kiosks and computer programs? How long to install them nationwide?

This has been in the works longer than the call for wage increases.
2 years to develop. Same time KKKalif passed the min wage increase.
Have a nice day!
California is also trying to "pioneer" unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment State. Solutions not problems, like right wing.

Paying someone to not work isn't a solution. It furthers the problem.

If you pay someone 7 bucks an hour do you expect good productivity and people to stay? McDonalds doesn't want nor expect good workers to stay. Otherwise they would pay more. Their business model is low wage and expecting little or no productivity. Some companies have to attract the least productive. Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

The average McDonalds nets $156,000 on 2.6 million dollars in yearly sales. If they can't afford a wage increase out of the $156,000 how they hell are they going to purchase expensive automation equipment?

The Ugly Truth About Ed Rensi

Did you read the article you quoted? McDonalds head office takes 35% of that $2.6 million for rent, franchise fees and various other charges.

Considering that McDonalds made 9 billion net profit last year, they could certainly afford to adjust those fees to assist franchise owners with changes in the minimum wage.

McDonalds in Canada manages to pay $12 per hour and our prices are lower on some items that they are in the US. So does Walmart. Both corporations are very profitable in Canada. Puts the lie to the idea that these companies can't afford a wage hike.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Again, it has nothing to do with what McDonald's can afford, it has to do with paying people a wage the job is worth. Only a fool would pay somebody more money than they need to.

How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

The value of an employee is what an employer can get another person do to the same job for. That's it.

Exactly. And what part of that is dependent upon the value of production?

None of it. If you want to get paid by production, then get a job where you get paid by piece work or become a salesman.

If nobody was dumb enough to app!y at McDonalds the whole topic is mute. People who enjoy that goop are not very bright either so mcpukes preys on dumb people. Parents who let their kids eat that should be ridiculed. The fact that mcpukes is successful tells how americans just cannot figure it out. As I stated I would have never let my kids think about applying there.

That's what's great about a free country, isn't it? Unfortunately, liberals believe if they don't like something, nobody else should like it either.

Yeah, but you know I kinda like the kiosk deal, but they need to mechanize the cooking too so some smart assed liberal activist, or pet cant spit on your BIG MAC or squeeze some sauce on it.

Yeah, but you know I kinda like the kiosk deal, but they need to mechanize the cooking too so some smart assed liberal activist, or pet cant spit on your BIG MAC or squeeze some sauce on it.

I hope they have a machine to pack the bags. I don't know if they do it on purpose or not, but every time you get an order, the fries are sideways and dump on the bottom of the bag. Maybe a machine will place them upright!

For the price of a basic burger at macducks I can buy a pound of hamburger and buns and make a few day's worth myself. The convenience factor is lost. Raising the minimum wage is akin to taking a piece of rope and cutting off a slice and adding it make it longer. Life and economics dosen't work like that. It will just add to the overall price of living and drive up prices. Besides, isn't that why we tolerate exploiting illegal aliens? They work for cheap and under the table and skirting taxes? Woops, different can of worms.

Another Multi-Zillion Dollar Corporation fucking American Workers again? No way? Can't be? McDonalds was gonna implement these kiosks no matter what the Minimum Wage was. These Corporations are not run by Patriots. They could give a rat's balls about America and fellow Americans. They'd pay em $1 an hr if they thought they could get away with it. It's a war. It's the Corporate Fat Cats vs. average American Workers. And the only way to win, is to fight back.

The Helots didn't achieve freedom until they decided to fight back against their Spartan owners. American Workers will have to fight to survive. The Slave Owners ain't gonna give em anything. I recommend American Workers get back to forming strong unions. Otherwise, they're doomed. Right now, the future doesn't look too bright for American Workers. Maybe Trump can help? But i'm not very optimistic. Slave Labor is the trend around the world.

For the price of a basic burger at macducks I can buy a pound of hamburger and buns and make a few day's worth myself. The convenience factor is lost. Raising the minimum wage is akin to taking a piece of rope and cutting off a slice and adding it make it longer. Life and economics dosen't work like that. It will just add to the overall price of living and drive up prices. Besides, isn't that why we tolerate exploiting illegal aliens? They work for cheap and under the table and skirting taxes? Woops, different can of worms.

Exactly. And when we talk about kicking them out of the country, it's the liberals who warn us that they won't be able to find Americans to pick strawberries unless they pay them an arm and a leg which we will feel at the grocery store. Therefore we need to keep illegals to keep our produce prices down.

Funny how there would be a price explosion if we got rid of the Mexicans but not if we raised the minimum wage.

No american should ever be picking strawberries period. Once the illegals are gone I would hope and pray those businesses cannot find workers. Screw them they don't deserve american labor which is by far the most productive, least complaining, and hardest working in the world.

Either raise your wages or no american applies. I support this. They just closed down a mcpukes in ouyr town 2 years ago. We win. Poison people somewhere else....

No american should ever be picking strawberries period. Once the illegals are gone I would hope and pray those businesses cannot find workers. Screw them they don't deserve american labor which is by far the most productive, least complaining, and hardest working in the world.

So you say Americans are the hardest workers, the most productive and least complaining, yet they shouldn't pick strawberries. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Fast food jobs are no loss. They pay nothing and thrive on high turnover and getting rid of good workers.

Forum List

Back