Media Push to Sell Syria Strike

Do any of you find it interesting that Obama has voluntarily passed up on the authority he has to act without Congress' approval and brought this issue to them in the first place.

If he does not get the votes......will you focus on the apparent political failure....or will you recognize that he helped the world see how democracy is supposed to work? A resounding success, if you ask me.

I am not in favor of the strike. But I am very much in favor of having this debate before a decision is made. We do things better when we do them together. Don't you agree?

If obama loses and does what Cameron did, say that the system worked the way it was supposed to, that would be a good thing. If he, instead, says that he has been prevented from "doing the right thing" by representative democracy, and claims that republicans are holding the nation hostage, that's another. The vote at the UN went against him, instead of recognizing that this is how the system works, he said that the UN was paralyzed, stuck and couldn't act. Of course it could act. It did act. He just lost.

obama has engaged in a gigantic campaign of misinformation and disinformation. Perhaps he already knows he cannot win on the facts as they are so he has to manipulate those facts.

Obama must mean serious business if he's willing to sit down with FNC.:eusa_whistle:

According to a media source, Wallace was one of a few anchors Obama personally chose for a sit-down interview.

Fox's Chris Wallace Lands Interview with Obama on Monday | Mediaite

President Obama didn't win in his effort to rally international support for a U.S. military strike on Syria.

So he went home to face skeptics in the U.S and give a media blitz with Kerry the Rat dramatics (practiced since his last visit) in Congress and on the Podium.

Do any of you find it interesting that Obama has voluntarily passed up on the authority he has to act without Congress' approval and brought this issue to them in the first place.

If he does not get the votes......will you focus on the apparent political failure....or will you recognize that he helped the world see how democracy is supposed to work? A resounding success, if you ask me.

I am not in favor of the strike. But I am very much in favor of having this debate before a decision is made. We do things better when we do them together. Don't you agree?

Not when you look at what are the likely reasons he did this he never wanted to get involved in Syria and never thought Assad would use chemical weapons when he made the red line comment when he did President Obama had no choice to act or look like a fool on the world stage. After the British Parliament voted down using force against Assad President Obama then threw it to Congress with in my opinion the hope of getting the same type of vote to get out of the making the decision to attack Syria or not.

Obama must mean serious business if he's willing to sit down with FNC.:eusa_whistle:

He is copying George Bush I technique:

"To sell this war to the American people, the government of Kuwait hired as many as 20 PR and lobbying firms. One PR firm in particular, Hill and Knowlton, was apparently the “mastermind” of the PR campaign, according to PR industry experts John Stauber and Sheldon Rampton, whose book Toxic Sludge Is Good for You provides the details of the Bush-Kuwait PR campaign, as excerpted by PR Watch.

Both Bush presidents were skilled salesmen in their demonizing those who would be on the receiving end of their own wars of aggression. Philip Knightley, author of the book, The First Casualty: The War Correspondent as Hero and Myth-Maker from the Crimea to Iraq, in an October 2001 article described the repeated stratagem of warmongers’ use of propaganda to demonize the enemy to rationalize a new war for the warmongers’ own people to support it.

The most effective PR ploy was the congressional testimony of a teenage Kuwaiti girl who stated, emotionally, that she witnessed Iraqi soldiers taking babies out of hospital incubators and leaving them “on the cold floor to die.” The girl later turned out to be the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the U.S. And not only was that fact suppressed until after Bush’s war began, but the information she gave was false, and the girl had been coached by an executive of Hill and Knowlton. (Video)"

Why obama is losing this one is because he has lied so much to the American people and the world, that he's just no longer believed. He's going to now take his incredible and unbelievable self before the public and ask them to believe him just this one time.

I happened to see a clip of Bush making the case for going into Iraq on television. He was composed, in control, and never one time used the words I, me or my. He made his case before America and before the world. He was able to convince 40 countries of his plan.

obama isn't even claiming he has a plan. There is no plan. There is just his word. Trust me is all he has to say. obama will talk about HIS congress and HIS military. The public is just a minor annoyance. He shouldn't even have to debase himself by addressing them.

Not when you look at what are the likely reasons he did this he never wanted to get involved in Syria and never thought Assad would use chemical weapons when he made the red line comment when he did President Obama had no choice to act or look like a fool on the world stage. After the British Parliament voted down using force against Assad President Obama then threw it to Congress with in my opinion the hope of getting the same type of vote to get out of the making the decision to attack Syria or not.

You means this is just one big OOPS!

You have quite an imagination. In your world......there is no correct move for this guy...ever.

No, I don't. If many in the world had said 'yay' to striking Obama would have never gone to congress. He's only doing it to cover his ass. Anyone with eyes can see that.

If he does not get the votes I will applaud congress for doing the right thing.
If he does not get the votes and goes in anyway ... we'll let's hope he's not that stupid.
If he does not get the votes and abides by that and does not mock/blame the GOP? Well, then I'd say it's about time.
If he does not get the votes and abides by that but mocks/blames the GOP? He will be shown, once again, how petulant and thinned skinned he truly is.
His apparent political failure is apparent; he really doesn't need help from others with this. But we'll help anyways. :D

Of course we do things better when we do them together. Drop Barry a line and let him know that, mkay? Tell him to start uniting and stop dividing and blaming. It, and he, have grown tiresome.

You have quite an imagination. In your world......there is no correct move for this guy...ever.

So you really think the President expected Assad to cross his red line and use chemical weapons? Do you also really think Obama would have thrown this to Congress if the British vote had gone the other way? Finally do you really honestly think Obama is not trying anything he can to get out of making a decision he never wanted to make and might only have to because of his own miscalculation about Assad? There seems to be no room for reality in your world for the record the correct move would have been not to issue a ultimatum you have no intention of backing up if he had made that move he would not now be in the position he is.

No, I don't. If many in the world had said 'yay' to striking Obama would have never gone to congress. He's only doing it to cover his ass. Anyone with eyes can see that.

If he does not get the votes and goes in anyway ... we'll let's hope he's not that stupid.
If he does not get the votes and abides by that and does not mock/blame the GOP? Well, then I'd say it's about time.
If he does not get the votes and abides by that but mocks/blames the GOP? He will be shown, once again, how petulant and thinned skinned he truly is.
His apparent political failure is apparent; he really doesn't need help from others with this. But we'll help anyways. :D

Of course we do things better when we do them together. Drop Barry a line and let him know that, mkay? Tell him to start uniting and stop dividing and blaming. It, and he, have grown tiresome.

Oh boy! That post really put this into the proper perspective for me. All this time....Obama has been so tough on the GOP! How can they keep walking up that hill every day....just to be thrown down again by this divisive character?

You said it all!

President Obama might wish to call UPS to parcel up this fail and send it to the ME.

The city I grew up in was a small one of ~25,000 people.

My entire cities population ended.

Multiply that by ~6 (and the count increases daily) and that's just the dead.

~2 million people displaced already and the Obama media is beginning a push for a strike?

Assad Syrian Opposition Soldier Eats Heart of Enemy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMBEaS_N0mE]Assad Syrian Opposition heart Soldier Eats +21 - YouTube[/ame]

Wow! Keep the hell out of there. No bombs, no boots, no planes.

:eusa_pray:

Lebanon is going to be going up next.

Oh boy! That post really put this into the proper perspective for me. All this time....Obama has been so tough on the GOP! How can they keep walking up that hill every day....just to be thrown down again by this divisive character?

You said it all!

Obama hasn't been tough on anything. He whines, he blames, he dodges any type of responsibility that is negative.

I hope congress votes no, he abides by it, and gets on with things without his usual blame game. We'll see.

Was the O.P. bitching when the "Media" was pushing for the Invasion of Afghanistan?

Was the O.P. bitching when the "Media" was pushing for the Invasion of Iraq?

Thought not.

Ye Olde RePug Double Standard is alive and well.

I must have struck a real nerve if you see any part of the OP as "bitching".

So you really think the President expected Assad to cross his red line and use chemical weapons? Do you also really think Obama would have thrown this to Congress if the British vote had gone the other way? Finally do you really honestly think Obama is not trying anything he can to get out of making a decision he never wanted to make and might only have to because of his own miscalculation about Assad? There seems to be no room for reality in your world for the record the correct move would have been not to issue a ultimatum you have no intention of backing up if he had made that move he would not now be in the position he is.

What exactly did Obama threaten to do if Assad used chemical weapons?

Obama has been on fox numerous times, even did a interview with O'douchebag before the superbowl.

Define numerous. Don't even pretend that he has a warm spot in his heart for the network.:lol: This is balls to the wall...but they are the most watched, so better he swallow his pride if he wants to try and sell it to the masses.

Putin's making inroads. Why not Obama?

He is copying George Bush I technique:

"To sell this war to the American people, the government of Kuwait hired as many as 20 PR and lobbying firms. One PR firm in particular, Hill and Knowlton, was apparently the “mastermind” of the PR campaign, according to PR industry experts John Stauber and Sheldon Rampton, whose book Toxic Sludge Is Good for You provides the details of the Bush-Kuwait PR campaign, as excerpted by PR Watch.

Both Bush presidents were skilled salesmen in their demonizing those who would be on the receiving end of their own wars of aggression. Philip Knightley, author of the book, The First Casualty: The War Correspondent as Hero and Myth-Maker from the Crimea to Iraq, in an October 2001 article described the repeated stratagem of warmongers’ use of propaganda to demonize the enemy to rationalize a new war for the warmongers’ own people to support it.

The most effective PR ploy was the congressional testimony of a teenage Kuwaiti girl who stated, emotionally, that she witnessed Iraqi soldiers taking babies out of hospital incubators and leaving them “on the cold floor to die.” The girl later turned out to be the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the U.S. And not only was that fact suppressed until after Bush’s war began, but the information she gave was false, and the girl had been coached by an executive of Hill and Knowlton. (Video)"

:mad::eek:

What exactly did Obama threaten to do if Assad used chemical weapons?

First nice dodge on answering any of the questions I asked despite that I will answer yours he said that would change his calculus and be a game changer from then right up till this very day we have been doing nothing in regards to Syria so what should we interpret change his calculus and game changer to mean other than military action? Has sanctions by the U.N. been mentioned? what about blockading Syria? If you feel Obama meant something other than military action when he said the use of chemical weapons would change his calculus and be game changer please share with us what you think he was referring to.

I wish they wouldn't include all of his "uh's" in the transcript...almost as annoying as listening to them. He certainly threw the FNC audience a bone by quoting Reagan.:D

OBAMA: Uh, I think it's fair to say that, uh, we would not be at this point without a credible threat of a military strike, but I welcome the possibility of the development and, uh, John Kerry will be talking to his Russian counterparts.

Uh, I think we should explore and exhaust all avenues of diplomatic resolution of this. Uh, but I think it's important for us to keep the pressure on and to, quote a -- or to paraphrase, at least -- a -- a, uh, former U.S. president, Ronald Reagan, it's not enough just to trust, I think we're going to have to verify.

Transcript of President Obama's interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace | Fox News

Anyone watch his interviews on the other channels, and what's your take away??

Forum List

Back