Medicare hike could also hit some in middle class

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
How many remember this pledge, a firm pledge, being made by the inexperienced and uneducated in these things candidate? Didn't we tell you he didn't know what he was saying or doing? Didn't we tell you he did not have the credentials or experience to be president of the united states?

"I can make a firm pledge" that "no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

So please start with why this is all Bush's fault. Why Obama was wrong, or was lying, you pick. I say he was neither, he just didn't know what he was saying was total BS. He's a frat boy who made good and now we in the middle class are suffering.

This first link tells of what happens to the ant, the grasshopper just takes what the ant worked for because it is only fair considering the ant "didn't build that himself." How in the hell does a person get reelected saying such BS? I really am starting to believe that America is racist and elected Obama for only one reason, so they would have a black friend they could point at in the WH.

"We were good soldiers when we were young," said Pugach, who worked as a computer systems analyst. "I was afraid of not having money for retirement and I put in as much as I could. The consequence is now I have to pay about $500 a year more in Medicare premiums."

This link has the following quote from Obama. Is he now proved to be a liar? Or just what we said he was? Enjoy the longest and weakest recovery from a recession in history, we deserve it.

"Typical, middle-class family of four will see an income tax hike of around $2,200. How many of you can afford to pay another $2,200 in taxes?"

Several weeks before the fiscal cliff deal, the president says that a couple of thousand dollars in new middle-class taxes is "a hit you can't afford to take."

Then he — or rather the White House auto-pen, since the president took Air Force One back to Hawaii to finish his $7 million-in-taxpayer-cost vacation — signs a deal slapping a middle-class family something close to just that "hit" in new taxes.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Middle-Class Obama Supporters Shocked He Raised Their Taxes - Investors.com
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Here is a question for the Obama defenders, After the bubble burst how far under where they would have been without the bubble did the housing prices drop? In other words the price of housing historically ramps up, how far under that historic ramp did the prices drop? No cheating.

How many remember this pledge, a firm pledge, being made by the inexperienced and uneducated in these things candidate? Didn't we tell you he didn't know what he was saying or doing? Didn't we tell you he did not have the credentials or experience to be president of the united states?

"I can make a firm pledge" that "no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

So please start with why this is all Bush's fault. Why Obama was wrong, or was lying, you pick. I say he was neither, he just didn't know what he was saying was total BS. He's a frat boy who made good and now we in the middle class are suffering.

This first link tells of what happens to the ant, the grasshopper just takes what the ant worked for because it is only fair considering the ant "didn't build that himself." How in the hell does a person get reelected saying such BS? I really am starting to believe that America is racist and elected Obama for only one reason, so they would have a black friend they could point at in the WH.

"We were good soldiers when we were young," said Pugach, who worked as a computer systems analyst. "I was afraid of not having money for retirement and I put in as much as I could. The consequence is now I have to pay about $500 a year more in Medicare premiums."

This link has the following quote from Obama. Is he now proved to be a liar? Or just what we said he was? Enjoy the longest and weakest recovery from a recession in history, we deserve it.

"Typical, middle-class family of four will see an income tax hike of around $2,200. How many of you can afford to pay another $2,200 in taxes?"

Several weeks before the fiscal cliff deal, the president says that a couple of thousand dollars in new middle-class taxes is "a hit you can't afford to take."

Then he — or rather the White House auto-pen, since the president took Air Force One back to Hawaii to finish his $7 million-in-taxpayer-cost vacation — signs a deal slapping a middle-class family something close to just that "hit" in new taxes.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Middle-Class Obama Supporters Shocked He Raised Their Taxes - Investors.com

:clap2:

Very few lefties I know do not think that Obama has been a disappointment.

OTOH very few lefties I know ever had much faith that he would be anything else.

And after the first four years, years when not a single BANKSTER was called to account for the meltdown?

Well from that no thinking leftie can imagine that Obama is capable of dealing with the system more effectively than the system can deal with Obama

The loyal DEM partisans, of course, might be surprised to see this, but no THINKING LEFTIE is.

And this is why we need to socialize medicine.

What you really don't know is that you are playing into their hands sonny. :eusa_hand:

Of course, this is the fault of people like in the Tea Party. If it were not for them, we would finally realize our socialized utopia.

OTOH very few lefties I know ever had much faith that he would be anything else.

And after the first four years, years when not a single BANKSTER was called to account for the meltdown?

Well from that no thinking leftie can imagine that Obama is capable of dealing with the system more effectively than the system can deal with Obama

The loyal DEM partisans, of course, might be surprised to see this, but no THINKING LEFTIE is.

It really matters little what Obama or any other democrat does in office. People simply vote on party platform. This means that if you want expansive government with higher taxes, then you vote democrat. If you want decreased taxes with increased government, then you vote GOP.

Really they are all a bunch of empty suites. People woud vote for Hitler himself depending if he upheld the party line.

I guess those in the GOP favor something like Romneycare to Obamacare. The only difference would be that one has fewer mandatory funding.

Last edited:

A. There's No Such Thing As a "Thinking" Leftie.

B. You're a liar.

Who, except GWB all by himself, was ever held to account for the debacle? There is a reason why, it was all Democrats. They took over in 2006 so they had no one to blame but themselves, so GWB is the fall back guy.

Last edited:

It really matters little what Obama or any other democrat does in office. People simply vote on party platform. This means that if you want expansive government with higher taxes, then you vote democrat. If you want decreased taxes with increased government, then you vote GOP.

Really they are all a bunch of empty suites. People woud vote for Hitler himself depending if he upheld the party line.

I guess those in the GOP favor something like Romneycare to Obamacare. The only difference would be that one has fewer mandatory funding.

The biggest difference would be if we elected Romney that would send a message and would not reward Obama for 4 years of division, strife and economic disaster.

Obama will lie to anyone, for votes. And then he will destroy their lifestyles, by breaking their banks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevwJvdg_EA]Obama's 29 New Programs "Won't Cost You A Dime!" - YouTube[/ame]

It really matters little what Obama or any other democrat does in office. People simply vote on party platform. This means that if you want expansive government with higher taxes, then you vote democrat.

With ya so far.

If you want decreased taxes with increased government, then you vote GOP.

And THAT's where you lose me, lad. If you honestly believe that the GOP hasn't screwed up the economy with massive DEBT right along with the DEMS?

You are simply not paying attention. In fact you have to willingly IGNORE the facts to take that POV

Any comment on the fact that DAVID STOCKMAN recanted his and REAGAN'S claims that they were serving government and reducing spending and government size?

Any at all?

They are TOOL of the real masters, mate.

I don't know enough about romneycare to comment on it.

I think ACA is a disaster though.

And most of ACA is the same conceptual plan that the GOP advanced for years.

You did know that, right?

It was only when Obama advance that plan that the GOP suddently thought it was socialism.

The lies of these parties are so convoluted that even trying to discuss them rationally is difficult.

Neither party stands for a god damned thing other than serving their masters whims

Could? It will and already has for many.

And that was the point all along. The Very Rich are mobile, but the working and middle classes are geographic hostage serfs to be milked of all productivity above the minimum that Obama thinks they need for sustenance.

If you want decreased taxes with increased government, then you vote GOP.
And THAT's where you lose me, lad. If you honestly believe that the GOP hasn't screwed up the economy with massive DEBT right along with the DEMS?

You are simply not paying attention. In fact you have to willingly IGNORE the facts to take that POV

Any comment on the fact that DAVID STOCKMAN recanted his and REAGAN'S claims that they were serving government and reducing spending and government size?

Did you read the quote?

It is not my quote so it is possible that I am misconstruing it BUT I think that he stated exactly what you did.

Decreased taxes and STILL MASSIVELY increased government. So yes, it looks like, at least to me, he didn’t lose you at all but rather that you agreed.

Bullshit.

Most lefties might SAY that they are disappointed but they still defend him tooth and nail, STILL VOTED FOR HIM A SECOND TIME and essentially fully support him. I see these so called ‘disappointed’ lefties defending BUSH policies on here all the time. It is no different than all those people that loved Bush, voted for him a second time and then suddenly were not bush supporters.

Truthfully, they were (as most lefties are as well) supporters of the letter next to the name.

A sizable chunk of this nation does not care what is running for office, just that it has the correct letter next to the name. Then, it also seems to me, that there is another rather large chunk that simply votes for what’s there. I think that plays a big part into Obamas reelection. He was reelected because he was already there. Same as Bush. Reelected because he was already there. Seems like people like what they know no matter how bad it tastes.

Last edited:

Since when did the Neo-Cons start caring about the middle class?

Bullshit.

Most lefties might SAY that they are disappointed but they still defend him tooth and nail, STILL VOTED FOR HIM A SECOND TIME and essentially fully support him. I see these so called ‘disappointed’ lefties defending BUSH policies on here all the time. It is no different than all those people that loved Bush, voted for him a second time and then suddenly were not bush supporters.

Truthfully, they were (as most lefties are as well) supporters of the letter next to the name.

A sizable chunk of this nation does not care what is running for office, just that it has the correct letter next to the name. Then, it also seems to me, that there is another rather large chunk that simply votes for what’s there. I think that plays a big part into Obamas reelection. He was reelected because he was already there. Same as Bush. Reelected because he was already there. Seems like people like what they know no matter how bad it tastes.

Yeah that's a fair complaint about the left, FA.

I do think as you do that most lefties STILL voted for Obama.

Bullshit.

Yeah that's a fair complaint about the left, FA.

I do think as you do that most lefties STILL voted for Obama.

Not only most lefties but most of America. Right?

George H Bush said he would not raise taxes, but he did. As it turned out, it was actually a good thing that he did, but it did cost him re-election. I find it amazing that anyone would believe a candidate would or could stick to their word when they only sign off on final legislation that is written by those in Congress. Can you believe Reagan raised taxes after he lowered them? The problem with ideologues is that they actually believe in their fantasies.

Bullshit.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people voted for Obama because they didn't buy into the nonsense being spewed by Romney?

Medicare Part B is financed through a mixture of general revenues (3/4) and beneficiaries' premiums (1/4). The point of raising some beneficiaries' premiums is to shift more of that expense from the taxpayers (i.e. out of general revenues) to the beneficiaries who are actually entitled to the services.

There are arguments to be made against this but the idea that it's burdening the taxpayer gets it exactly backwards. Try and find sources that understand an idea before they go through the effort of critiquing it.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people voted for Obama because they didn't buy into the nonsense being spewed by Romney?

Of course not. NO ONE voted for Obama because they did not like Romney. That is a lame excuse. Just as lame as the one that all the republicans were trying – I HAVE to vote for this guy because I can’t let Obama win. BULL, they pulled for republicans because they are republicans, not because of Obama. Any leftie/righty causes the same exact sentiment these days.

Lots of people said they did but that is just to justify the partisan bullshit that they swallow on a daily basis. Here is a hint: there are more than 2 candidates.

Obama ran unopposed, something that is generally a matter of course in this country BUT there is nothing demanding that democrats MUST put the idiot back in power just because thy made that mistake the first time. It is dumb for us just to swallow the poilitician because he is there. They could have voted third party as well, plenty of different people in third parties that were running, some with some very good ideas.

IOW, claiming that you had to ‘stop’ Romney or it was a vote against Romney is inane and just covers up the fact that people don’t want to back anyone, then they might have to deal with all the bullshit.

Third parties need to start getting some love. The party establishments, BOTH OF THEM, have left the people floundering and they no longer really represent anyone. Massive divides over trivial bullshit grind Washington to a halt while almost every major issue the two parties are in complete agreement on. It is sickening that the majority of Americans allowed politicians in Washington get this bad. They allowed it because they simply refuse to hold their party, and its representatives, accountable for anything.

Forum List

Back