Meet Caitlyn Jenner

Thats a little different than "male and female" which you have already admitted you stake your understanding of this dynamic on what you were taught in elementary school.
laugh.gif

it's different?

How?
If you dont know how "boys and girls" is different from "male and female" I suggest you go back and get your GED. Let me ask you a quick question? Are all females girls or are some of them women?

" Are all females girls or are some of them women?"

are the rest of your arguments going to be that ridiculous?
I have to make it pretty elementary in view of your educational level. Are you going to answer the question or continue stalling since you seem to be stuck?

girls AND women are females.

Does your ridiculous question have a point?
What does that have to do with you saying boys and girls are the same as males and females? You just admitted that women and girls are females. If females include girls and women there is obviously a difference. Girls are a subset of female which denotes there is a difference in the two terms. It should be obvious to you by now you are wrong.....once again.
laugh.gif

What's curious is that Arthur Ashe was gay. The Arthur Ashe award for courage is supposed to be given to homosexuals. Jenner isn't homosexual so why did he get it?

Ashe was gay ? I honestly don't remember that. I know he died of AIDS, but as I recall it was a blood transfusion.
I'm old enough to remember Ashe beating Connors who was favored to win Wimbledon. Think it was 73 or 74 ?
Anyway, I don't recall him being gay, but maybe so.

it's different?

How?
If you dont know how "boys and girls" is different from "male and female" I suggest you go back and get your GED. Let me ask you a quick question? Are all females girls or are some of them women?

I have to make it pretty elementary in view of your educational level. Are you going to answer the question or continue stalling since you seem to be stuck?

What does that have to do with you saying boys and girls are the same as males and females? You just admitted that women and girls are females. If females include girls and women there is obviously a difference. Girls are a subset of female which denotes there is a difference in the two terms. It should be obvious to you by now you are wrong.....once again.
laugh.gif

yup...

it was a ridiculous question.

Gender is a social construct. Has nothing to do with biology. I was told you were intelligent. What happened?

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
What fucking dictionary did you pull that shit from?

Whatever else is true, she's a human being just doing the same thing all of us are doing - just trying to live her life the best way she can. I wish her well.

Live and let live.

Unless you don't accept what is going on should be blasted all over the media, then you are a hater.

This isn't live and let live, its accept and approve or be ridiculed.

no. it's basically... this is who she is. and she has as much right to her identity as anyone else. there is no reason to want to closet her or silence her but for bigotry...,.

last I checked someone else's discomfort is not a reason for silence. and absent discussion, there can never be accemptance. she's entitled to simple human dignity.

At the expense of me being forced to call a guy a girl...

And don't go into discomfort, because its only "approved" discomfort that counts with your side of the aisle. Anyone else has to just shut the hell up.

Quit making ridiculous claims. Nobody is forcing you to call Jenner anything. I'm a little creaped out by the entire thing too, but it's no more my business than it is yours. People get to make decisions that you wouldn't make. That's their right. If that's a choice that makes her life better, then good for her. Notice I called Jenner her. That was my choice. Feel free to make your own, but don't expect to convince anybody who has compassion for others to be convinced to your way of thinking.

Gender is a social construct. Has nothing to do with biology. I was told you were intelligent. What happened?

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

I don't know why I think I should be remotely surprised that many of the people on here view gender and sexuality as black and white ideas. Or that they even understand the words to begin with. The "penis means boy and vagina means girl and that's IT" viewpoint is wholly expected. God forbid human beings be complex or anything.
Not all people continue to learn after elementary nor do their parents take responsibility for teaching them the correct information. I know it boggles the mind people can be this ignorant.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me when people are ignorant. We all had different opportunities growing up and not everyone gets access to the same education or exposure to the same types of life experiences. I'm certainly ignorant of quite a lot of things. What I'll never understand, however, is people who are ignorant and PROUD of it. People who wear their ignorance as a badge of honor. THAT is what boggles the mind.

Agreed. It is amazing to see people completely disregard biology, and only use emotions to base their opinions.

But, the left likes to say how logical and scientific they're, but then turn around in throw all of biology out the door. The left has no right to talk about being anti-science.
You just said gender was biology when by definition its a social construct. You are obviously anti science since you dont understand said science is continually evolving and changing.

laugh.gif

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Here's a man who has been straight up all his life. I'm having a hard time with this because the Bruce Jenner I know and loved was the decathalon hero of America.

Wheaties breakfast of champions hero.

This is obviously NOT an easy choice. This must be for real. This has to be hard.

I'm not going to judge the man.
He lost me LOOOONG ago when he dumped his first wife...the one who worked so he was free to train.

I understand you feeling that way. I've witnessed too many left by the wayside when others climb the ladder and leave so called beloveds behind.

I was thinking about Cynthia Lennon the other day for some reason. I digress sorries.

But if Bruce is really Caitlin now in his heart mind and soul I really don't know what to say.

Except how the hell do you do Father's day?

Here's a man who has been straight up all his life. I'm having a hard time with this because the Bruce Jenner I know and loved was the decathalon hero of America.

Wheaties breakfast of champions hero.

This is obviously NOT an easy choice. This must be for real. This has to be hard.

I'm not going to judge the man.

That is true. He has been straight all his life and never shown any signs of confusion about his identity. This is terrible but I have to confess that I have considered that the powers that be in Hollywood somehow forced him to go down this road in order to once again keep that family on the headlines of news stories. It also promoted something that Hollywood has an agenda for. If that is what they did to him? They should be ashamed. I think there is some very dark things that go on in Hollywood and I am not so convinced that Bruce chose to do this on his own. I know the idea sounds far fetched but it has been on my mind.

A lot of people hide their "T" (remember that?) exactly because of what we're seeing here.

And don't ever make the mistake of thinking christians will accept you for what you really are. I would not be at all surprised to hear christians want her burned at the stake.

Are you now going to try to tie this in with that whole bizarre story about Hollywood murders? I don't remember all the details, just that it was another fundie tale of conspiracy.

Wacko.

The Jesuits are tied into this somehow

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I'm gonna make you a man

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola
La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola
Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

laugh.gif

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

It was a ridiculous question.

Girl, woman, old hag, whatever, female.

No amount of parsing on your end is going to change that.

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I'm gonna make you a man

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
And so is Lola
La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola
Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Really? you could have fooled us

laugh.gif

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

Your answer is also ridiculous. girl, woman, hag are different terms meaning different things. I would strongly advise you take a logic class once you get your GED.

laugh.gif

Took, and passed, a logic class my first year of college.

Which is why I find your pointless arguments so hilarious.

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

Your answer is also ridiculous. girl, woman, hag are different terms meaning different things. I would strongly advise you take a logic class once you get your GED.

laugh.gif

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

laugh.gif

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

(Wonder why it took 3 tries to get that to post?)

yup...

Stuck huh?
laugh.gif

Nope.

Yep

If you think boys and girls are the same term as male and females you obviously flunked your logic class spectacularly or cheated to pass. Gimme a break.
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back