🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meet the Press

The Tulsa massacre proves that the US government can wipe out an entire city and the world would be none the wiser.
Except it wasn't the gov't, it was White racists, a group no longer in control of the country.
Democrats hold the Presidency, the House and Senate...they do control the country for now.

alang disagrees with me when I say "Democrats hold the Presidency, the House and Senate...they do control the country for now." Seems like he doesn't like reality.
I do disagree. Whites still control the country but the racists among them have learned to keep their heads down.

Both parties are majority White but the GOP is desperate to hold onto power and if making it harder for select groups of people to vote is in their best interests, as Trump himself has said, they are willing to do whatever.

Thought you folks supported majority rule...You still don't like reality.
I'm all for majority rule, that's why I resent that the last two GOP president were elected by a minority of voters.
LMAO! You object to a majority of the population controlling the country, so how can you claim to support majority rule?
In 2016 Trump won the Electoral College but lost the popular vote. That means that most Americans didn't want him to be President, yet he was. Doesn't sound like majority rule to me.

alang continues to show he doesn't accept reality.
Have you accepted that Biden won the election?

Biden won in the electoral college, just as Trump did. THAT'S how you get elected.

Was that election legitimate? That remains to be seen.
Sorry but both were legit but only one resulted in minority rule. That is how our republic was built but I think the long-term consequences may be not what the founding fathers envisioned. I think an fix is needed, what doesn't bend will break.

The Tulsa massacre proves that the US government can wipe out an entire city and the world would be none the wiser.
Except it wasn't the gov't, it was White racists, a group no longer in control of the country.
Democrats hold the Presidency, the House and Senate...they do control the country for now.

alang disagrees with me when I say "Democrats hold the Presidency, the House and Senate...they do control the country for now." Seems like he doesn't like reality.
I do disagree. Whites still control the country but the racists among them have learned to keep their heads down.

Both parties are majority White but the GOP is desperate to hold onto power and if making it harder for select groups of people to vote is in their best interests, as Trump himself has said, they are willing to do whatever.

I'm all for majority rule, that's why I resent that the last two GOP president were elected by a minority of voters.
LMAO! You object to a majority of the population controlling the country, so how can you claim to support majority rule?
In 2016 Trump won the Electoral College but lost the popular vote. That means that most Americans didn't want him to be President, yet he was. Doesn't sound like majority rule to me.
We don't elect Presidents by majority rule in this country. We're a nation of states. A Republic. Moron.

We don't elect Presidents by majority rule in this country. We're a nation of states. A Republic. Moron.
Can we agree that you prefer rule by the minority over the majority? Isn't that the definition of tyranny?

Our republican form of government was designed to protect the rights of the minority and that is a good ideal. It was not meant to have minority rule, that is the very opposite of a democracy.

Interesting how that Tulsa massacre was a Democrat/kkk thing, and how a hundred years later it is still democrats who promote slavery.
Clown, do you really think that the Dem party of 100 years ago is the same party of today, you asswipe?
It has been a century now, and Democrats need to quit trying to wiggle out of this. Democrats did this shit. Democrats need to just own the horrible racist deeds that they did a hundred years ago. Democrats could start by discontinuing their current support for slavery.

Current support for slavery???
Where is you evidence of that and show that is their policy? You're a liar.

Can we agree that you prefer rule by the minority over the majority? Isn't that the definition of tyranny?

Our republican form of government was designed to protect the rights of the minority and that is a good ideal. It was not meant to have minority rule, that is the very opposite of a democracy.
I don't prefer anyone to rule. Our Constitution doesn't permit rulers. We are governed by the consent of the people. The minority in power right now isn't conservative. You idiots just don't get it. You're stupid.

I don't prefer anyone to rule. Our Constitution doesn't permit rulers. We are governed by the consent of the people. The minority in power right now isn't conservative. You idiots just don't get it. You're stupid.
No matter what you prefer, our Constitution spells out how this country is ruled. You are also wrong when you said "We are governed by the consent of the people". In fact we are governed by the consent of the States, the people take second place. How long the people will put up with this situation is debatable.

Then you don't understand the rules.

Then you don't understand the rules.
I understand the rules just fine, I just think it is time to modernize them. Every sport has rules, can you point to any major sport that has never changed it rules?

Oh, they're still very much in control, and you voted for them. They've gotten very good at propagandizing and brain washing over the last 100 years.

No matter what you prefer, our Constitution spells out how this country is ruled. You are also wrong when you said "We are governed by the consent of the people". In fact we are governed by the consent of the States, the people take second place. How long the people will put up with this situation is debatable.
Semantics. The Presidency is the only election determined by the states.

Except it is not:
The U.S. Senate, as you know, is currently divided 50-50 along party lines, thanks to the impressive double win in Georgia, and counting the two technically “independent” senators as Democrats, since they caucus with the Democrats.​
But, according to the calculation of Ian Millhiser, writing for Vox, if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.”​

Except it is not:
The U.S. Senate, as you know, is currently divided 50-50 along party lines, thanks to the impressive double win in Georgia, and counting the two technically “independent” senators as Democrats, since they caucus with the Democrats.​
But, according to the calculation of Ian Millhiser, writing for Vox, if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.”​
Yeah, so? The Constitution states that there shall be two Senators from each state. What's your point other than you don't like the US Constitution.

Except it is not:
Yeah, so? The Constitution states that there shall be two Senators from each state. What's your point other than you don't like the US Constitution.
The Constitution is over 200 years old and it is showing its age. America has changed, the Constitution has not kept up. Don't be surprised when there is popular support for packing the SCOTUS, removing the filibuster, or changing the Electoral College and Senate.

Except it is not:
The Constitution is over 200 years old and it is showing its age. America has changed, the Constitution has not kept up. Don't be surprised when there is popular support for packing the SCOTUS, removing the filibuster, or changing the Electoral College and Senate.
Human nature has not changed since the dawn of man, half of it is ugly, evil, and needs to be kept harnessed, and the US Constitution is the first thing mankind has done that has worked to keep it somewhat in check. It's not going anywhere any time soon. :cool:

Except it is not:
Oh, I'm not surprised that there are filthy commies wanting to destroy the greatest government document man ever produced. Ho hum.

Except it is not:
Human nature has not changed since the dawn of man, half of it is ugly, evil, and needs to be kept harnessed, and the US Constitution is the first thing mankind has done that has worked to keep it somewhat in check. It's not going anywhere any time soon. :cool:
Everything changes, even human 'nature' (really human culture). Continuous change is evolution and that is a positive. If we refuse to change the Constitution, eventually it will break, that is revolution and that is dangerous.

Except it is not:
Oh, I'm not surprised that there are filthy commies wanting to destroy the greatest government document man ever produced. Ho hum.
There are 27 amendments to the Constitution, which of them were done by those filthy commies?

Except it is not:
Everything changes, even human 'nature' (really human culture). Continuous change is evolution and that is a positive. If we refuse to change the Constitution, eventually it will break, that is revolution and that is dangerous.
That has nothing to do with the Constitution. The Constitution is a document concerning the limitations and function of the Federal government, not culture. You're confused.

Forum List

Back