Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House

I think she needs to be First Lady, and run the Whitehouse staff, arrange presidential and foreign leader dinners and be the grounding that the President will need during his time as president and Barron will do fine in Washington...

It will be a nightmare to have to have two separate secret service assignments, and quite costly as far as loss of business for all the businesses in NYC surrounding Trump tower....

Melania and Trump should have thought hard and talked about this BEFORE he jumped in to the race...same with him and his business and his conflicts of interests....

Trump clearly never expected to win....

The White House and D.C. are places that are prepared for handling the daily lives of the 1st family. With entire streets blocked off for the sake of security. Now Trump is going to plop another White House right in the middle of 5th Avenue, in a city whose people his policies will already be harming the most. And now he's going to create a traffic disaster for cars and pedestrians there.
This is no different from a president who weekends at his ranch or takes his wife on a date. It's reality. Deal with it.
Absolutely it is. This is every single day in one of the busiest places in the world. Not on a ranch in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere for a couple weekends a year. And it's not me who has to deal with it. Go tell the millions of people who live and work in Manhattan to deal with it.
NY is busy so we mustn't inconvenience them?! Wow. Do you also have a problem with the secret service protecting a POTUS' child at school in busy DC or at college out of town?
Again your comparisons are stupid af. The issues that will arise from planting a second White House in the middle of one of the busiest places in the world is a dick move. But I guess the Trump's don't care about "inconveniencing," as you put it, the peasant masses.
A second White House? You are making up stuff. Now that's " a dick move".
The White House is where the President and his family live. The President's family, and the President on most days, will now be living in the middle of 5th Avenue. Sorry business and people who work on 5th Avenue. You'll just have to suck it up.

If you had Trump's money, would you send your kid to one of those antiquated mausoleums that pass as schools today?
Yep like the Donald, Barron will never have to have a conversation with any peasants for his entire life. And maybe one day, the peasants will elect him to rule them too.
We have already seen what kind of children Trump has helped raise. They can have relationships with all types of people. They're exceptional.
You can't say that because they have never interacted with "all types of people."
During a campaign they do interact with all types of people and in business.
So Trump, 70 years old, just interacted with "all types of people" for the first time. And I'm sure he wasn't just faking his way through it until he could get back to his gold plated penthouse on 5th avenue. :rolleyes:

Hey, Trump is a real man of the People. It was just the other night he was out having a hamburger with the folks.

A $36 hamburger.

Yep like the Donald, Barron will never have to have a conversation with any peasants for his entire life. And maybe one day, the peasants will elect him to rule them too.
We have already seen what kind of children Trump has helped raise. They can have relationships with all types of people. They're exceptional.
You can't say that because they have never interacted with "all types of people."
During a campaign they do interact with all types of people and in business.
So Trump, 70 years old, just interacted with "all types of people" for the first time. And I'm sure he wasn't just faking his way through it until he could get back to his gold plated penthouse on 5th avenue. :rolleyes:

Hey, Trump is a real man of the People. It was just the other night he was out having a hamburger with the folks.

A $36 hamburger.
Only $36? They must have promised him it would be a great photo op.

This is no different from a president who weekends at his ranch or takes his wife on a date. It's reality. Deal with it.
Absolutely it is. This is every single day in one of the busiest places in the world. Not on a ranch in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere for a couple weekends a year. And it's not me who has to deal with it. Go tell the millions of people who live and work in Manhattan to deal with it.
NY is busy so we mustn't inconvenience them?! Wow. Do you also have a problem with the secret service protecting a POTUS' child at school in busy DC or at college out of town?
Again your comparisons are stupid af. The issues that will arise from planting a second White House in the middle of one of the busiest places in the world is a dick move. But I guess the Trump's don't care about "inconveniencing," as you put it, the peasant masses.
The White House is where the President and his family live. The President's family, and the President on most days, will now be living in the middle of 5th Avenue. Sorry business and people who work on 5th Avenue. You'll just have to suck it up.
No. You'll have to suck it up. And you didn't answer my questions. Color me surprised.

barron will miss an experience of a lifetime..

can you imagine when he's older, in his 30's saying, when my dad was alive, he was President, but I never got to live in the Whitehouse, mom and dad thought it was BELOW me....

No. You'll have to suck it up. And you didn't answer my questions. Color me surprised.
I did answer your questions. And again, it's not me you have to tell to suck it up. It's the people of New York who will have to tolerate this inconvenience as Trump wages war on their jobs.

Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron will not be moving to the White House after Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, The Post has learned.

The president-elect’s 46-year-old wife and their 10-year-old son are staying put at the family’s glitzy Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.

“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” said a source close to Trump’s transition team. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”

Another source said Melania Trump will travel to the White House as needed, but that her primary focus is on Barron.

“Melania is very supportive of her husband and is fully on board of doing everything that’s needed as first lady,” said the second source familiar with the Trump transition.

That source said also that there is a possibility that Melania and Barron may move to the White House at the end of the school year, but no plans are in place.

Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House | New York Post

My gut reaction to this is that there are sacrifices to be made when a man becomes president. In this case, the sacrifice is that the entire family moves to the WH and the First Lady becomes the focus of planning on what causes she will bring to the President's message.

It's too easy for criticism of a wife not wanting to leave their opulent lifestyle resulting in a more traditional setting. There are private schools in the DC area and the SS wouldn't be burdened with providing security in New York City for Melania and Baron. Suck it up, Melania!

From what I gather from the article, this decision although not official let's remember this, is that Melania and Donald feel that Baron should finish out his school year in New York.

Having been thru many moves in my life time and I'm sure other parents on the board have done this as well, is to take into consideration the schooling of your kids.

Hey I admired the Obama family to take Grandma to the White House to help with the transition for the girls.

I have no problem with the Trump family taking Baron into consideration as to how they were going transition into First Family.

Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron will not be moving to the White House after Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, The Post has learned.

The president-elect’s 46-year-old wife and their 10-year-old son are staying put at the family’s glitzy Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.

“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” said a source close to Trump’s transition team. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”

Another source said Melania Trump will travel to the White House as needed, but that her primary focus is on Barron.

“Melania is very supportive of her husband and is fully on board of doing everything that’s needed as first lady,” said the second source familiar with the Trump transition.

That source said also that there is a possibility that Melania and Barron may move to the White House at the end of the school year, but no plans are in place.

My gut reaction to this is that there are sacrifices to be made when a man becomes president. In this case, the sacrifice is that the entire family moves to the WH and the First Lady becomes the focus of planning on what causes she will bring to the President's message.

It's too easy for criticism of a wife not wanting to leave their opulent lifestyle resulting in a more traditional setting. There are private schools in the DC area and the SS wouldn't be burdened with providing security in New York City for Melania and Baron. Suck it up, Melania!
Their child > their image.

Your post is absurd

barron will miss an experience of a lifetime..

can you imagine when he's older, in his 30's saying, when my dad was alive, he was President, but I never got to live in the Whitehouse, mom and dad thought it was BELOW me....

What's with the" below " you shit you people are coming up with? It's a matter of finishing out his school year in a stable environment.

Baron appears very shy and there should be NO condemnation of the First Family wishing to make the transition as comfortable as possible for their child.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you people.?

From what I gather from the article, this decision although not official let's remember this, is that Melania and Donald feel that Baron should finish out his school year in New York.

Having been thru many moves in my life time and I'm sure other parents on the board have done this as well, is to take into consideration the schooling of your kids.

Hey I admired the Obama family to take Grandma to the White House to help with the transition for the girls.

I have no problem with the Trump family taking Baron into consideration as to how they were going transition into First Family.
I believe the article said they MAY join him after his school year ended.

Donald was elected, not his wife or child. You people pick the dumbest shit to whine about. If his son is finding great success where he is you don't risk tossing that out the window to satisfy loons for the sake of image

Your post is absurd
Thank you for your input. Their child is important but I feel they should join him after the year has ended. It's so easy to criticize the new president. Why give them ammo?

Donald was elected, not his wife or child. You people pick the dumbest shit to whine about. If his son is finding great success where he is you don't risk tossing that out the window to satisfy loons for the sake of image
Do you think he could not be successful at another private school?

Your post is absurd
Thank you for your input. Their child is important but I feel they should join him after the year has ended. It's so easy to criticize the new president. Why give them ammo?
What you "feel" or what others think is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to what they deem best for their child.
It is NOBODYS business. Get it?

Do you think he could not be successful at another private school?
My opinion on the matter, as well as yours, is irrelevant. Where do you people get off making demands about how someone else raises their child?

I did answer your questions. And again, it's not me you have to tell to suck it up. It's the people of New York who will have to tolerate this inconvenience as Trump wages war on their jobs.
No you didn't. You are a liar and in discussions, you consistently chose to parrot leftist partisan lines rather than engage with the person you are talking to. In short. You have jettisoned common sense, and judging by every conversation I've had with you, have given up all effort to listen to any view that doesn't agree with the view you've been assigned. I pity you.

No you didn't. You are a liar and in discussions, you consistently chose to parrot leftist partisan lines rather than engage with the person you are talking to. In short. You have jettisoned common sense, and judging by every conversation I've had with you, have given up all effort to listen to any view that doesn't agree with the view you've been assigned. I pity you.
*sigh*

Yes I did answer your questions. You compared living on 5th Avenue all year to spending a few weekends on a ranch in the middle of nowhere and a kid going to school, and I responded that was dumb af. You said we shouldn't care about inconveniencing New Yorkers, and I said it's a dick move for Trump not to care about inconveniencing a bunch of peasants. You said it wouldn't be a second White House, I explained to you what the White House is.

Maybe you only see what you want to. Oh well.

I believe the article said they MAY join him after his school year ended.

From a source. Sigh. I'll wait for the official announcement. But to note and I believe this would factor into their decision as a family is that Melania has not relied on nannies to raise Baron.

And frankly it's incredible in this "Kardashian" day and age that she is hands on with her son. Like the rest of the Trump mothers. Pretty awesome.

They should be applauded.

“She is really devoted to Barron,” said a source close to the family, adding that Melania has not relied on nannies to raise the child and is frequently seen picking the fourth-grader up from his prep school, where tuition is north of $40,000."

http://nypost.com/2016/11/20/melania-and-barron-trump-wont-be-moving-to-the-white-house/

Forum List

Back