Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House

Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House

Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron will not be moving to the White House after Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, The Post has learned.

The president-elect’s 46-year-old wife and their 10-year-old son are staying put at the family’s glitzy Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.

“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” said a source close to Trump’s transition team. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”

Another source said Melania Trump will travel to the White House as needed, but that her primary focus is on Barron.

“Melania is very supportive of her husband and is fully on board of doing everything that’s needed as first lady,” said the second source familiar with the Trump transition.

That source said also that there is a possibility that Melania and Barron may move to the White House at the end of the school year, but no plans are in place.

Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House | New York Post

My gut reaction to this is that there are sacrifices to be made when a man becomes president. In this case, the sacrifice is that the entire family moves to the WH and the First Lady becomes the focus of planning on what causes she will bring to the President's message.

It's too easy for criticism of a wife not wanting to leave their opulent lifestyle resulting in a more traditional setting. There are private schools in the DC area and the SS wouldn't be burdened with providing security in New York City for Melania and Baron. Suck it up, Melania!

One cannot expect a woman of Melanomia's stature to stoop to the trappings of being first "lady", and young Barron should never have to leave his oppulance.
How many other First Ladies refused to move to the WH when their husband became president? She should be spending time operating the WH, getting to know the people who help set up State Dinners and such.

The people may be better off, you really want her in there remodeling on your dime?
Trump has already said that there would be no changes to the WH in terms of remodeling.

Trump has said a lotta shyte.

No matter what the Trump family does in the next four years, someone won't approve. phfffff. Evidently Donald and Melena think it is best for the youngster to stay where he is right now. I just can't help but think that this is their decision and really none of our business.
Except for the clusterfuck it will create for the people of New York City. Adding insult to injury to a city of people who overwhelmingly rejected his candidacy.
What are you talking about?!
The White House and D.C. are places that are prepared for handling the daily lives of the 1st family. With entire streets blocked off for the sake of security. Now Trump is going to plop another White House right in the middle of 5th Avenue, in a city whose people his policies will already be harming the most. And now he's going to create a traffic disaster for cars and pedestrians there.

No matter what the Trump family does in the next four years, someone won't approve. phfffff. Evidently Donald and Melena think it is best for the youngster to stay where he is right now. I just can't help but think that this is their decision and really none of our business.
Perhaps I am being too hard on them, but I do think that families of Presidents should stay with the President and offer support during a stressful job he will undertake. A boy needs his father, too. There is no certainty that she will ever live in the WH.
I think it's pretty safe to say that the family will get together on weekends and school holidays and talk everyday by phone and whatnot. Donald Trump is no stranger to stress. He's an adult, I think we ought to let him decide how he handles the details of his private life.
Thank you for the impartial comment. Perhaps you are right. Just doesn't seem she is supporting her husband.

Perhaps I am being too hard on them, but I do think that families of Presidents should stay with the President and offer support during a stressful job he will undertake. A boy needs his father, too. There is no certainty that she will ever live in the WH.
I think it's pretty safe to say that the family will get together on weekends and school holidays and talk everyday by phone and whatnot. Donald Trump is no stranger to stress. He's an adult, I think we ought to let him decide how he handles the details of his private life.

Well, that'll be new and fresh.

The
Except for the clusterfuck it will create for the people of New York City. Adding insult to injury to a city of people who overwhelmingly rejected his candidacy.
I understand there are barriers that exclude people from coming even close to the Trump's residence without going through security. To me, that is unnecessary. I am a Trump supporter but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every thing the family does.
Yeah. Of course you don't have to agree with every thing the family does.

The
I understand there are barriers that exclude people from coming even close to the Trump's residence without going through security. To me, that is unnecessary. I am a Trump supporter but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every thing the family does.
Yeah. Of course you don't have to agree with every thing the family does.
That's true, Compost.

I am so glad you know the Trumps so damn well, that you can judge them, I guess God appointed you their judge HUH? You prove daily why this country is starting to work to remove liberals from our government, and our lives. Have a nice day with yourself.

The White House and D.C. are places that are prepared for handling the daily lives of the 1st family. With entire streets blocked off for the sake of security. Now Trump is going to plop another White House right in the middle of 5th Avenue, in a city whose people his policies will already be harming the most. And now he's going to create a traffic disaster for cars and pedestrians there.

Never you mind, that's what we elected, a man to worship, someone to toss all our responsibility as citizens upon so we can go back home and watch tv.

Thank you for the impartial comment. Perhaps you are right. Just doesn't seem she is supporting her husband.
I get that. The thing is, for them, this may be exactly the kind of support Donald needs.

I am so glad you know the Trumps so damn well, that you can judge them, I guess God appointed you their judge HUH? You prove daily why this country is starting to work to remove liberals from our government, and our lives. Have a nice day with yourself.

Feels so much different when it's the "other" side doesn't it.

Never you mind, that's what we elected, a man to worship, someone to toss all our responsibility as citizens upon so we can go back home and watch tv.
You may want to move to North Korea. They do that sort of thing there. That's not an American thing.

I get that. The thing is, for them, this may be exactly the kind of support Donald needs.
You may be right. I have no idea what their relationship is like. Perhaps it would be stressful for him to have them their when that isn't what they want.

Fenton, this isn't a liberal/conservative point. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinions.

This is no different from a president who weekends at his ranch or takes his wife on a date. It's reality. Deal with it.

Will 'Barron' be going to a public school?

Do we get to throw a RWnut style fit if he doesn't?
If you had Trump's money, would you send your kid to one of those antiquated mausoleums that pass as schools today?
Yep like the Donald, Barron will never have to have a conversation with any peasants for his entire life. And maybe one day, the peasants will elect him to rule them too.

This is no different from a president who weekends at his ranch or takes his wife on a date. It's reality. Deal with it.
Absolutely it is. This is every single day in one of the busiest places in the world. Not on a ranch in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere for a couple weekends a year. And it's not me who has to deal with it. Go tell the millions of people who live and work in Manhattan to deal with it.

Fenton, this isn't a liberal/conservative point. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinions.

That would be nice, not what I got from the psoter's comments.

Will 'Barron' be going to a public school?

Do we get to throw a RWnut style fit if he doesn't?
If you had Trump's money, would you send your kid to one of those antiquated mausoleums that pass as schools today?
Yep like the Donald, Barron will never have to have a conversation with any peasants for his entire life. And maybe one day, the peasants will elect him to rule them too.
We have already seen what kind of children Trump has helped raise. They can have relationships with all types of people. They're exceptional.

How many Hussaine relatives are there still in The White House? Folks 8 years of Hussaines in there is gonna leave a mark. :p In all honesty, I would hesitate to stay overnight unless every square inch was cleaned professionally and maybe a spiritual professional blessed it.

Forum List

Back