🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Melania Trump Perjured Herself Under Oath, Faces 5 Years in Prison

The evidence of her lying to a judge is in the OP. The Slovenian magazine is collecting evidence and they don;t need to sue, all they have to do is publish it.

See, you're already contradicting yourself in the same paragraph. First you say the evidence is in the OP then you claim the magazine is "collecting" evidence.... which one is true?

Regardless, a DA will have to look at this and determine whether to bring perjury charges and given the circumstances, I don't see that happening even IF she lied.

Meanwhile... playing your FutureThread game....

Hillary faces death by firing squad for Acts of Treason on the United States!

Pretty slick, huh? ;)
Two different issues. The evidence of her lying under oath is in the OP. The evidence of her being a call girl is still being investigated by the magazine.

The LWNJ's are.............

tumblr_me31aq3Mjr1qacv60o1_500.jpg

I kind of feel sorry for Melanoma, it must be hard to be under such scrutiny, yet lying under oath is a huge no no in this country and the penalties are severe.

"It was discovered last month that Melania Trump lied about having received a college degree. The real truth is that she only attended a few classes before eventually moving on to her modeling career.

Now – to make things more interesting – it has been revealed that not only did she lie about this in public (which isn’t criminal), she also did it under oath, which makes her guilty of perjury – an offense punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

Melania ended up giving the testimony in a skin care lawsuit after a dispute arose with a business partner:
Screen_Shot_2016-08-11_at_8.35.06_PM.0.png

This is 100% perjury.

More at the link: BREAKING: Melania Trump Lied Under Oath, Guilty Of Perjury
What Happened to Melania Trump’s Caviar Skincare Line?
What does this have to do with Trump supporters being spat on and harassed and media not covering it?
She didn't perjure herself and nothing will happen. Look up the legal definition of perjury.

Looks like perjury to me:

"The common-law crime of perjury is now governed by both state and federal laws. In addition, the Model Penal Code,which has been adopted in some form by many states and promulgated by the Commission on Uniform State Laws, also sets forth the following basic elements for the crime of perjury: (1) a false statement is made under oath or equivalent affirmation during a judicial proceeding; (2) the statement must be material or relevant to the proceeding; and (3) the witness must have the Specific Intent to deceive.

The punishment for perjury in most states, and under federal law, is the imposition of a fine, imprisonment, or both. Federallaw also imposes sentencing enhancements when the court determines that a defendant has falsely testified on her ownbehalf and is convicted. Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the court is required to automatically increase thedefendant's sentence." perjury

Melania Trump did not commit perjury.

Your cited definition of perjury is correct; however, the cited text includes the fact that in order to be perjury the sworn statement had to be "material" and you have not attempted to show how Melania's answer regarded her degrees was material to the court proceeding. Perhaps you do not know what “material” means. Here is how a material statement is defined:

“Only a 'material' statement can be perjury. The false statement must be capable of influencing the proceeding – that is, it must have a relationship to the subject of the proceeding. This includes a false statement that would tend to mislead or hamper an investigation. This means that a lie, even under oath, about a subject that is not material to the proceeding is not perjury. For example, falsely bragging that 'I never update my Facebook page at work,' while testifying in a case having nothing to do with social networking at work, would not be a likely candidate for a perjury charge.”

Perjury: Laws and Penalties | Criminal Law

I have a doctorate in law and I cannot see how her degrees, or lack thereof, are a material issue in the case before the court. Perhaps you can explain why you think they are. There is one thing for certain: Anyone who is genuinely offended by Melania Trump's little white lie would never consider voting for congenital liar Hillary Clinton. That would be the ultimate hypocrisy.

I kind of feel sorry for Melanoma, it must be hard to be under such scrutiny, yet lying under oath is a huge no no in this country and the penalties are severe.

"It was discovered last month that Melania Trump lied about having received a college degree. The real truth is that she only attended a few classes before eventually moving on to her modeling career.

Now – to make things more interesting – it has been revealed that not only did she lie about this in public (which isn’t criminal), she also did it under oath, which makes her guilty of perjury – an offense punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

Melania ended up giving the testimony in a skin care lawsuit after a dispute arose with a business partner:

This is 100% perjury.

What does this have to do with Trump supporters being spat on and harassed and media not covering it?
She didn't perjure herself and nothing will happen. Look up the legal definition of perjury.

"The common-law crime of perjury is now governed by both state and federal laws. In addition, the Model Penal Code,which has been adopted in some form by many states and promulgated by the Commission on Uniform State Laws, also sets forth the following basic elements for the crime of perjury: (1) a false statement is made under oath or equivalent affirmation during a judicial proceeding; (2) the statement must be material or relevant to the proceeding; and (3) the witness must have the Specific Intent to deceive.

The punishment for perjury in most states, and under federal law, is the imposition of a fine, imprisonment, or both. Federallaw also imposes sentencing enhancements when the court determines that a defendant has falsely testified on her ownbehalf and is convicted. Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the court is required to automatically increase thedefendant's sentence." perjury

Melania Trump did not commit perjury.

Your cited definition of perjury is correct; however, the cited text includes the fact that in order to be perjury the sworn statement had to be "material" and you have not attempted to show how Melania's answer regarded her degrees was material to the court proceeding. Perhaps you do not know what “material” means. Here is how a material statement is defined:

“Only a 'material' statement can be perjury. The false statement must be capable of influencing the proceeding – that is, it must have a relationship to the subject of the proceeding. This includes a false statement that would tend to mislead or hamper an investigation. This means that a lie, even under oath, about a subject that is not material to the proceeding is not perjury. For example, falsely bragging that 'I never update my Facebook page at work,' while testifying in a case having nothing to do with social networking at work, would not be a likely candidate for a perjury charge.”

Perjury: Laws and Penalties | Criminal Law

I have a doctorate in law and I cannot see how her degrees, or lack thereof, are a material issue in the case before the court. Perhaps you can explain why you think they are. There is one thing for certain: Anyone who is genuinely offended by Melania Trump's little white lie would never consider voting for congenital liar Hillary Clinton. That would be the ultimate hypocrisy.

If her education and earning ability were material to the fact that she was going after her partner for breech. I think something may be there. I don't dismiss anyone lying under oath. There is no such thing as a bigger lie, a lie is a lie.

Juan you really better get prepared. You are accusing this woman of being a prostitute.

The evidence of her lying to a judge is in the OP. The Slovenian magazine is collecting evidence and they don;t need to sue, all they have to do is publish it.

See, you're already contradicting yourself in the same paragraph. First you say the evidence is in the OP then you claim the magazine is "collecting" evidence.... which one is true?

Regardless, a DA will have to look at this and determine whether to bring perjury charges and given the circumstances, I don't see that happening even IF she lied.

Meanwhile... playing your FutureThread game....

Hillary faces death by firing squad for Acts of Treason on the United States!

Pretty slick, huh? ;)
Two different issues. The evidence of her lying under oath is in the OP. The evidence of her being a call girl is still being investigated by the magazine.

Prove she's a hooker.

Mods you better figure this shit out. When you have posters like Juan calling people hookers you could have some issues.

This is 100% perjury.

Remind me when Bill Clinton went to jail for perjury under oath?

This is 100% perjury.

Too bad they couldn't get a conviction.

Remember when Drumpf said his wife would be 'holding press conferences over the next couple of weeks' to address her lies about her citizenship? That was two weeks ago.

Expecting this to happen about the same time as he releases his tax returns - which he also said would happen.

SSDD

This is 100% perjury.

Juan de Fuca

Tipsycatlover is an attorney. Also a doctor. And a dog washer. And a drunk. HE is sometimes a woman, other times SHE is a man. Loves cats though.

This is 100% perjury.

Shared a cell with Ronnie RayGun?

PUH-lese.

:rolleyes:

Mods you better figure this shit out. When you have posters like Juan calling people hookers you could have some issues.
I have gotten harsh with libs on the board tonight because they feel...and I believe this...with liberal political bias in Justice a Department and news media that they can get by with anything. I'm sick of it.

This is 100% perjury.

Shared a cell with Ronnie RayGun?

PUH-lese.

:rolleyes:
Why would Reagan go to jail? Oh Iran-Contra...really?

Forum List

Back