Melatonin

tonystewart1

VIP Member
May 26, 2011
My wife has been having some trouble sleeping. Somebody mentioned melatonin to me. Has anyone tried it?
Does it work?
Does it give you a weird drugged up feeling?

No. It's like going to grandma's cabin, playing in the lake all day, making a pig of oneself at dinner and having a coma.

Sleeping like the dead.

Waking up refreshed.

My personal experience. YMMV.

I used it years ago seemed to work pretty well. One does build up a tolerance though as with most things given time.

I guess we are going to give it a try. The doctor was going to give her a prescription fro ambien but she wants to try something a little more milder.

I have used melatonin 2.5 grm per dosage before bed. I felt drowsy the next day but the dosage may have
exceeded my needs. It will not encourage a sleepy state, but it does promote deep sleep while sleeping.
Might want to try a lesser dosage perhaps no more than a gram as commensurate with weight.

pills for sleep should be the last option you should try something else before ask your doc for some other alternatives

i know people use it for their dogs....but like all things with insomnia it will only work for a while

Forum List

Back