Merged Kavanaugh/Ford OpinionComment threads for Oct 1

Stop being in denial about Kavanaugh. His friends all say his is a belligerent and aggressive drunk. You would have more credibility if you just admit you don't give a shit.

Brett Kavanaugh’s friend from Yale University says he was heavy drinker | KCFJ 570 Radio Network

Yes, his "friend." Even if that was the case, so what? You elected a President that wrote about his ILLEGAL drug usage in college.
I commend you for your answer. You are the first person give the correct and honest answer. So what. I have written al over this thread that Kavanaugh being a sloppy and belligerent drunk is not disqualifying. But we have nuts who insist on arguing with me.

Well if it's not disqualifying, why is it the new target of the left? I probably drank more than Kavanaugh at his age in college. That doesn't disqualify me from a job today. When you get older it's almost as if being younger was an entirely different life. When I was younger, I had long hair, hated the police, against any military conflict. I smoked pot, played lead guitar in rock bands, and worked minimum wage jobs.

People change as they age. Life is a learning experience. Which one of us who are older can't think of at least a dozen things we wished we never did in our lives?
I agree with you. Personally, I could care less about Kavanaugh's drinking. But you know what the say, the coverup is worse than the crime. In this situation it is lying to the committee about his drinking if in fact he did lie.

Okay, so what is drinking too much? Once a week? Twice a week? Not being legal to drive an automobile?

Drinking "too much" is very subjective. It's a matter of opinion. Some have said that having a drink every day (even if only one) makes you an alcoholic.
I agree with you once again. I am not sure he did lie. Listen I did crazy crap in college too. I guess there is breaking news that Kavanaugh was involved in a bar fight where police were called and he was questioned. Once again this elicits a so what from me. However, I still have my view he is a terrible drunk.

If any one in Kavanaugh's court acted like he did, he would have been thrown in jail for contempt. There is more than enough circumstantial evidence that Kavanaugh is a belligerent and pathetic drunk.
Mmmm....So we're not in court and don't have to clear the hurdles of evidence to assassinate his character, but then we need to adhere to courtroom rules and decorum as he gets smeared and defamed by slimy shitball partisan hacks.

I get it now.
No. First of all the fact that when Kavanaugh drinks he turns into a pathetic and belligerent drunk is not in itself disqualifying for the Supreme Court. If he lied at the hearing it would be.

My point about Kavanaugh's comportment has to do with him being a federal judge. He should know how to conduct himself. He acted less like a federal judge and more like a spoiled rotten rich kid.

Prove Kavanaugh is a "pathetic and belligerent drunk" or admit that you are a lying lowlife liberal worm slime trail.

Lots of classmates saying he was . He should’ve just said “yeah in college we would cut loose some times “. But no. Because he is entitled to that Supreme Court chair !

And had he done that, the next accusation would be he was probably out of control many times; so out of control to attack a 15 year old and hold her down on a bed. See where this is going?
I just told my stepfather the same thing after he used that line of reasoning.

If any one in Kavanaugh's court acted like he did, he would have been thrown in jail for contempt. There is more than enough circumstantial evidence that Kavanaugh is a belligerent and pathetic drunk.
Mmmm....So we're not in court and don't have to clear the hurdles of evidence to assassinate his character, but then we need to adhere to courtroom rules and decorum as he gets smeared and defamed by slimy shitball partisan hacks.

I get it now.
No. First of all the fact that when Kavanaugh drinks he turns into a pathetic and belligerent drunk is not in itself disqualifying for the Supreme Court. If he lied at the hearing it would be.

My point about Kavanaugh's comportment has to do with him being a federal judge. He should know how to conduct himself. He acted less like a federal judge and more like a spoiled rotten rich kid.

Well he's acted like a federal judge for many years. Where is it written how a federal judge should act?

Ginsburg was heavily critical of Trump becoming President. Is that how a federal judge should act? Or is it more like this.

Unknown.jpeg

So let me get this straight? So if you are white and drink and go to college you are guilty of having white privilege? Oh.....ok then!:113:

If there was one part of the hearings that was laughable (and there were many) it was when Kav angrily stated that he got into #1 Yale Law by “busting my hump “ and that he “didn’t have any connections”.

Lol! I think all the eye rolling in the country at that moment registered on the Richter scale !

Bret is a victim . A victim of Rich white (male ) privilege ! He was born on third and thinks he hit a triple . Affluent suburban DC lawyer parents , uppity private DC prep school educated , country club, undergrad Yale legacy , feat boy managed to beat the odds and get into Yale Law ! Wow, sell those movie rights .

And it doesn’t end there. His behavior before the senate committee was disgraceful. Ranting and raving , challenging the Senators .

“Wouldn’t u be upset if you were wrongly accused “? Yep. But under white privilege , you can express your anger . Black guy is wrongly treated by authorities and y’all say he should just shut his mouth and take it.

Are their people out there who still think White Privilege doesn’t exist ?
Get used to it, Brit boy.

Yes, his "friend." Even if that was the case, so what? You elected a President that wrote about his ILLEGAL drug usage in college.
I commend you for your answer. You are the first person give the correct and honest answer. So what. I have written al over this thread that Kavanaugh being a sloppy and belligerent drunk is not disqualifying. But we have nuts who insist on arguing with me.

Well if it's not disqualifying, why is it the new target of the left? I probably drank more than Kavanaugh at his age in college. That doesn't disqualify me from a job today. When you get older it's almost as if being younger was an entirely different life. When I was younger, I had long hair, hated the police, against any military conflict. I smoked pot, played lead guitar in rock bands, and worked minimum wage jobs.

People change as they age. Life is a learning experience. Which one of us who are older can't think of at least a dozen things we wished we never did in our lives?
I agree with you. Personally, I could care less about Kavanaugh's drinking. But you know what the say, the coverup is worse than the crime. In this situation it is lying to the committee about his drinking if in fact he did lie.

Okay, so what is drinking too much? Once a week? Twice a week? Not being legal to drive an automobile?

Drinking "too much" is very subjective. It's a matter of opinion. Some have said that having a drink every day (even if only one) makes you an alcoholic.
I agree with you once again. I am not sure he did lie. Listen I did crazy crap in college too. I guess there is breaking news that Kavanaugh was involved in a bar fight where police were called and he was questioned. Once again this elicits a so what from me. However, I still have my view he is a terrible drunk.

Thus far nobody has made that claim outside of his college enemies. And let's face it, when it comes to school, we all pretty much had enemies. I'm sure because of his accomplishments he made his share of them.

Look at this topic for instance. White privilege? Timmy never met the man. But clearly he's displaying his jealousy for Kavanaugh and I'm sure if capable, make negative claims about Kavanaugh himself.

I get it now.

Well he's acted like a federal judge for many years. Where is it written how a federal judge should act?

Ginsburg was heavily critical of Trump becoming President. Is that how a federal judge should act? Or is it more like this.

View attachment 219757

I understand that Kavanaugh was angry, but a judge should be even tempered. There is nothing worse than a temperamental judge, believe me. I would find Kavanaugh's attitude at the hearing more disqualifying than finding out he passed out from drinking once a week while at Yale.

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

I understand that Kavanaugh was angry, but a judge should be even tempered. There is nothing worse than a temperamental judge, believe me. I would find Kavanaugh's attitude at the hearing more disqualifying than finding out he passed out from drinking once a week while at Yale.
Can’t wait for Kav to get Leftist cases.

There is no Racist like a Progressive Racist

Those who invoke the R-word first are the true racists, because they are the ones who see color first. I read so many anti-white diatribes today I felt sorry for the people who hate their own race so much, and more sorry for the true victims of racial bias - the people who have endured a lifetime of actual racial discrimination. Progressive are diluting the word into a meaningless term by over-using it to the point of ridiculousness.

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

If you are right that would be disqualifying. A judge should be open minded. If he can't be he should not be confirmed.

Black guy is wrongly treated by authorities and y’all say he should just shut his mouth and take it.

Are their people out there who still think White Privilege doesn’t exist ?

No, that's not what anybody says. What we say is that most of them claim being wrongly treated are not.

I am not sure whether Kavanaugh is a poster child for White privilege as much as a poster child for patrician elitism. Kavanaugh's attitude at the hearing showed that he is nothing more than an entitled little twerp. His entitlement to the Supreme Court being endangered by those he considered his social inferiors sent him into a pathetic rage.
How about his entitlement to presumption of innocence and to be free of malicious character assassination?

It’s not character assassination if it’s true .

Kav has been shady through the whole process . Painting himself as some beer sipping book nerd choir boy .

The ford slut is lying.....

All of her named witnesses’ say she is full of shit

just like all libtards….

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

What makes a good SC judge is education, experience, and record. Kavanaugh has all three.

If I were ever charged with assault and battery, I'm not worried if the judge is even tempered. I'd be more concerned of his knowledge of the law, experience in cases like mine, constitutional rights, and non-partisan judgement.

I am not sure whether Kavanaugh is a poster child for White privilege as much as a poster child for patrician elitism. Kavanaugh's attitude at the hearing showed that he is nothing more than an entitled little twerp. His entitlement to the Supreme Court being endangered by those he considered his social inferiors sent him into a pathetic rage.
How about his entitlement to presumption of innocence and to be free of malicious character assassination?

It’s not character assassination if it’s true .

Kav has been shady through the whole process . Painting himself as some beer sipping book nerd choir boy .

The ford slut is lying.....

All of her named witnesses’ say she is full of shit

just like all libtards….

None of them say that .

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

What makes a good SC judge is education, experience, and record. Kavanaugh has all three.

If I were ever charged with assault and battery, I'm not worried if the judge is even tempered. I'd be more concerned of his knowledge of the law, experience in cases like mine, constitutional rights, and non-partisan judgement.

Experience in what ? County clubs ? Having everything handed to his his whole life? Frat boy hazing ?

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

Experience in what ? County clubs ? Having everything handed to his his whole life? Frat boy hazing ?

If you saw any of the grilling Kavanaugh got and detailed questions on the Law he answered, you'd understand. The comment said was that his knowledge on the Law was "encyclopedic". That's the type of judge we want on the USSC. Being first in his class kills your country club or a Trust Fund baby bullshit. He worked for everything he got. If you weren't first in your class you don't know how hard it is.

Last edited:

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

If you are right that would be disqualifying. A judge should be open minded. If he can't be he should not be confirmed.
So you want Ginsburg impeached and removed. Ok.

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

You mean you had no idea he was already a federal judge?

I get it now.

View attachment 219757

I agree with you that a good judge should have knowledge of the law and experience.

You mention non-partisan judgement and you are 1000 percent. But that judgment goes hand in hand with the judge's temperament. If the judge is thin skinned, arrogant, close minded, vindictive and you are not in his good graces, you will find justice hard to come by. You could be the smartest judge but if you don't have the temperament and quickly fly off the handle you have no business being a judge.

Of course what I am saying applies more to trial judges than appellate court judges, but I think temperament is still important if for other reason but to put on the veneer of impartiality.

Appellate judges are appointed because of their judicial philosophies or political affiliation. Who is kidding who. It should be knowledge of the law, but often times it is not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back