Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

Honestly I can't figure out why she added that to her speech. It seemed pointless, unless she needed something with "Arts" in it and reached.

yeah, cause pop culture is now the arts, and movies are a source of cultural enrichment without which we'd all be relegated to watching tractor pulls.

lol

this was just a thinly concealed means of calling people rubes. Again.

Sort of interesting how the new emperor’s flock is hyping the gladiator sports….

You want to know the ethnic breakdown of your average MMA fanbase?

Let me give you a hint, it's not all Trump supporters. But usually they are not your college educated SJW idiots, so of course the Dem's disdain for them.

yeah, cause pop culture is now the arts, and movies are a source of cultural enrichment without which we'd all be relegated to watching tractor pulls.

lol

Hey, what do you mean relegated? I love tractor pulls!

My favorite line from her was “Disrespect invites disrespect." She said, with a straight face all the while basically calling everyone in middle America racist idiots who need some culture lessons from her and those like her.

Theyre always looking down from their tower, its easier for them to believe in the stereotypes they help promote.

Sort of interesting how the new emperor’s flock is hyping the gladiator sports….

Sort of interesting how you assume anyone who doesn't share your opinions shares Trumps'. I am a 20 year practitioner of martial arts and I find her comments grossly irresponsible.

She's right...it's not art...it's sport.

lol

My favorite line from her was “Disrespect invites disrespect." She said, with a straight face all the while basically calling everyone in middle America racist idiots who need some culture lessons from her and those like her.

HaHa! As soon as I hit enter I thought 'well I wonder who here likes tractor pulls'

I, of course, meant no offense by it and was demeaning Streep for her typically myopic elitist views, not anyone else.

lol

HaHa! As soon as I hit enter I thought 'well I wonder who here likes tractor pulls'

I, of course, meant no offense by it and was demeaning Streep for her typically myopic elitist views, not anyone else.

Like all thespians they should keep quiet.

Forum List

Back