Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

These fighters like Sage Northcutt are so talented. They train their whole lives to be the best in the world. To say something stupid like that is like saying, ‘She’s not a talented actress,’ and Meryl is not a talented actress!
i LOVE Sage! What a talent that kid is. Once he gets better at BJJ, hes going to be a beast!

best talent in the UFC...best body in the UFC ever!

FotorCreated1234.jpg
Watch these fighters try to do the Northcutt flip... :laugh:

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

These fighters like Sage Northcutt are so talented. They train their whole lives to be the best in the world. To say something stupid like that is like saying, ‘She’s not a talented actress,’ and Meryl is not a talented actress!
i LOVE Sage! What a talent that kid is. Once he gets better at BJJ, hes going to be a beast!

FotorCreated1234.jpg
Hes also a ninja that can defy gravity...

sweet!

we can go on all night. his brother is also in MMA!

uCrOmfW.png

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

His sister is a bad bitch too, and hot as shit!

colby-northcutt-featured-660x400.jpg

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

sage was already ripped when he was a kid! crazy...

sagenorthcutt_1246900684.jpg

2bae476ab44be6a83635e42fef145115

They push open borders as they hide inside their walled estates

They worship diversity, yet only liberals are welcome

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

what other UFC fighters do you like?

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

sage was already ripped when he was a kid! crazy...

sagenorthcutt_1246900684.jpg

2bae476ab44be6a83635e42fef145115

Livin life like a baller!

CoaWtYWVYAAQiJx.jpg:large

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

Fuck, a bunch of guys. From obvious ones like McGreggor, all the way to Stephen Struve. Struve is my guilty pleasure.

They push gun control, but glorify guns in their movies.

They cry about climate change & fly on their private jets.

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

Fuck, a bunch of guys. From obvious ones like McGreggor, all the way to Stephen Struve. Struve is my guilty pleasure.

Rory MacDonald used to be a beast, then he got all mellow, what happened to him?

have you seen Mike Ricci fight...he doesn't throw a single punch or kick the whole fight, and he lasted a long time in the UFC...what the fuck!

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

You know who is a lot of fun to watch? MVP! Michael Venom Page!

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

Rory MacDonald used to be a beast, then he got all mellow, what happened to him?

have you seen Mike Ricci fight...he doesn't throw a single punch or kick the whole fight, and he lasted a long time in the UFC...what the fuck!

Rory is a badass. It seems like he was broken mentally by losing to Lawler and then Wonder Boy. I think he will do better in Bellator.

FotorCreated1234.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

You know who is a lot of fun to watch? MVP! Michael Venom Page!

hqdefault.jpg

UFC-Fight-Night-Dublin-Conor-McGregor-vs.-Diego-Brandao-Promo.jpg

sweet!

uCrOmfW.png

Rory is a badass. It seems like he was broken mentally by losing to Lawler and then Wonder Boy. I think he will do better in Bellator.

he's in Bellator now? his career is over.

[

A lot of people want that wall, and who does it hurt besides people trying to get here illegally.

As for stopping Muslim Immigration, it has been done before in limited ways (Iran ban back in the 70's) and hurts no one here already

And Making America Great Again is forcing exactly what on people?

It hurts the tax payer because it'll cost a shit load and be totally ineffective. I note you didn't deny he is trying to force that shit upon you.

Nice goalpost move there.....

and how do you know it will be ineffective?

No goalpost shifting at all. It's all intertwined.

The Gaza/Israeli border is porous and is 32-miles long. You think the US can do better with a 2000-mile+ border? I don't think so...

he's in Bellator now? his career is over.
He went free agent, like a lot of guys are doing now. Bellator can pay (a few select) mid/upper level fighters better than the UFC can. Looks like Ryan Bader might be jumping ship too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back