Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA

You see Sassy, It wasn't that she was talking down to you like you're an idiot it's just that you're too fucking dumb to understand what she was really trying to say about people (you) she thinks are dumb.

I don't take the loon posting here or Streep serious...see that's where they both fail. Neither of them are worth the powder to blow them to hell

She graduated from Vassar and received an MFA from Yale and has an Honorary Doctor of Arts degree from Dartmouth. You never even got out of high school.
So you condone smarmy self centered prick actors thinking they are better than the rest of us?

God you people are fucking lemmings.

LOOK THE FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME HOW TO THINK AND THAT I AM SO SO AWESOME FOR CARING FUH FUH FUH
The truth is, Trump wasnt even making fun of his disability. Thats just how he makes fun of people when they are acting dumb. Watch this video. He does the same EXACT same thing to people who ARENT handicapped.

Oh fucking horseshit. It's recorded on video. And he was specifically talking about Kovaleski at the time.

Six-month-later historical revisionism. Classic.

Did he use the same gesture, ever, when referring to other people?

Does Kovaleski make those motions due to his disability?

Nope and nope. And don't insult everybody's intelligence pretending to be stupid enough to think such a mockery doesn't involve gross exaggeration. Everybody already knows better.

This is just one more case of Rump evading responsibility for anything and everything he does, and now he's got you sychophants enabling him. Which is disgusting.

You are seeing what you want to see. Nothing more. He has been shown on video doing the same thing for guys like Cruz.

:rofl: When? AFTER the Kovaleski dance? Trying to make it look like "hey, I do this all the time"?

Par for a seven-year-old.

[

A lot of people want that wall, and who does it hurt besides people trying to get here illegally.

As for stopping Muslim Immigration, it has been done before in limited ways (Iran ban back in the 70's) and hurts no one here already

And Making America Great Again is forcing exactly what on people?

It hurts the tax payer because it'll cost a shit load and be totally ineffective. I note you didn't deny he is trying to force that shit upon you.
The lefts new found concern of the tax payers is something to behold.

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

If you understood her point, she said "...if we kick them all out..." you'd have no television shows or movies. Everybody I know has a television and PPV, but I don't know anybody who goes to an MMA gym. But the other looming obvious point is that she was being just a bit sarcastic.

Kick all of who out? Is she inferring the only people working in Hollywood are illegal immigrants or Muslims? Her comments still make no sense.

I don't take the loon posting here or Streep serious...see that's where they both fail. Neither of them are worth the powder to blow them to hell

She graduated from Vassar and received an MFA from Yale and has an Honorary Doctor of Arts degree from Dartmouth. You never even got out of high school.
The truth is, Trump wasnt even making fun of his disability. Thats just how he makes fun of people when they are acting dumb. Watch this video. He does the same EXACT same thing to people who ARENT handicapped.

Oh fucking horseshit. It's recorded on video. And he was specifically talking about Kovaleski at the time.

Six-month-later historical revisionism. Classic.

Did he use the same gesture, ever, when referring to other people?

Does Kovaleski make those motions due to his disability?

Nope and nope. And don't insult everybody's intelligence pretending to be stupid enough to think such a mockery doesn't involve gross exaggeration. Everybody already knows better.

This is just one more case of Rump evading responsibility for anything and everything he does, and now he's got you sychophants enabling him. Which is disgusting.

You are seeing what you want to see. Nothing more. He has been shown on video doing the same thing for guys like Cruz.

:rofl: When? AFTER the Kovaleski dance? Trying to make it look like "hey, I do this all the time"?

Yep, and its all proven in the video. You cant tell us that the video proof doesnt exist, because its right here...

[

A lot of people want that wall, and who does it hurt besides people trying to get here illegally.

As for stopping Muslim Immigration, it has been done before in limited ways (Iran ban back in the 70's) and hurts no one here already

And Making America Great Again is forcing exactly what on people?

It hurts the tax payer because it'll cost a shit load and be totally ineffective. I note you didn't deny he is trying to force that shit upon you.
The lefts new found concern of the tax payers is something to behold.

yeah, after ass-raping them for decades, HEY WAIT THAT THING WILL COST $$!!!!!

The irony is if you watch some of these big UFC fights, like the McGregor v Diaz match, for example, the front rows were filled with Hollywood celebrities because they are about the ones who could afford those tickets.

The irony is if you watch some of these big UFC fights, like the McGregor v Diaz match, for example, the front rows were filled with Hollywood celebrities because they are about the ones who could afford those tickets.
You mean they didn't check their privilige? That's shocking.

yeah, cause pop culture is now the arts, and movies are a source of cultural enrichment without which we'd all be relegated to watching tractor pulls.

lol

this was just a thinly concealed means of calling people rubes. Again.
Hey, what do you mean relegated? I love tractor pulls!

My favorite line from her was “Disrespect invites disrespect." She said, with a straight face all the while basically calling everyone in middle America racist idiots who need some culture lessons from her and those like her.
I like tractor pulls, too, and sheepdog trials. But don't be too hard on her--I really don't think she was meaning to diss sports or middle America. It would kinda suck to only have sports, not both, don't you agree?

The fact that she may have not even been "trying" to diss sports or middle America basically proves the point that people on the right are making. That progressives are out of touch with most of the country.
So most of the country doesn't watch movies? Who knew?

yeah, cause pop culture is now the arts, and movies are a source of cultural enrichment without which we'd all be relegated to watching tractor pulls.

lol

My favorite line from her was “Disrespect invites disrespect." She said, with a straight face all the while basically calling everyone in middle America racist idiots who need some culture lessons from her and those like her.
I like tractor pulls, too, and sheepdog trials. But don't be too hard on her--I really don't think she was meaning to diss sports or middle America. It would kinda suck to only have sports, not both, don't you agree?

The fact that she may have not even been "trying" to diss sports or middle America basically proves the point that people on the right are making. That progressives are out of touch with most of the country.

There is a difference between watching movies and actors thinking that somehow this gives them the right to tell the rest of us how to live our lives.

lol

Wait, whoa WHOA.

"Sheepdog trials"??? :eek:
They're AWESOME. Seriously? You've never seen any?

Are UFC fighters like WWF? I remember the first time I saw one on tv I didn't know it was a "performance" and I was flipping out until someone explained they were playin'.

lol

There is a difference between watching movies and actors thinking that somehow this gives them the right to tell the rest of us how to live our lives.
Ever heard of the First Amendment, Marty? You don't seem to have any problem telling me how to live. Or trying to.

Are UFC fighters like WWF? I remember the first time I saw one on tv I didn't know it was a "performance" and I was flipping out until someone explained they were playin'.
UFC is real. Wrestling is acting.

Dafuq is a Meryl Streep and why would anyone give a fuck what she read off a card last night?

Dafuk is an "MMA"?

Seriously?

Mixed Martial Arts

pogo is a special kind of stupid.

Hey, if you're gonna drop jargon in a thread you owe it to the reader to essplain wtf you're talking about.

The average person KNOWS what MMA means. If you don't it's because you are living under a rock, or are deficient in some way.

Oh I doubt that. The OP never explained wtf he was referring to (until I asked). And I wasn't the only one who asked. No I never heard of it.
Sorry Pogo I don't even watch it and I know what it is...

You have to live under a rock not to at least have heard of Holly Holmes and Rhonda Rousey.

Forum List

Back