#metoo

This is going to be a test case for all of the big supermarkets, and pretty much every employer.
I think the only way to stamp this out is to have every job graded and paid accordingly. For bigger companies it would work out cheaper in the long run. For smaller companies it will be a big ball ache.

It will get the economy moving though.

Ive just been sent this clip and it staggered me. This woman is an elected MP and the questions she was asked in 1970 are more reflective of 1870. But have we come much further than this ? Women are still judged on their looks to aan extent that men never are. Remember Trumps attacks on Mrs Cruz ?

Ive just been sent this clip and it staggered me. This woman is an elected MP and the questions she was asked in 1970 are more reflective of 1870. But have we come much further than this ? Women are still judged on their looks to aan extent that men never are. Remember Trumps attacks on Mrs Cruz ?

Forget Ms. Cruz what about his medieval torture of poor Hillary.

Tesco faces £4bn equal pay claim

Women are still treated as inferior even today.

These girls are being paid a lot less than men doing work of equal value.

This is going to cost the supermarket chain a lot of money.

I cant understand why something like this is still an issue.

You're an ASS. You probably march in that metoo crap. Women aren't treated inferior and the law requires they be paid the same. If you want to play in a competitive market, well, then, COMPETE. Lots of female execs and CEO's out there so don't try to fly that "male bias." Otherwise STFU and go back home.

You're an ASS. You probably march in that metoo crap. Women aren't treated inferior and the law requires they be paid the same. If you want to play in a competitive market, well, then, COMPETE. Lots of female execs and CEO's out there so don't try to fly that "male bias." Otherwise STFU and go back home.
Well the evidence kind of refutes your bovine diatribe.

Well the evidence kind of refutes your bovine diatribe.

No it doesn't.

These kinds of reports ignore so many facts and data sets as to become akin to lies. Probably 99% of the time.

They like to completely discount things like:

Company seniority
The individuals comparative responsibilities
The individuals level of experience
The individuals "attributive" skills
And half the time, unbelievably, the number of hours worked!

IF, as an American woman, you feel that your employer is not paying you as much as the "men," then I suggest you've run into some time warp of a business. Go find another job, and if for some reason you worry that you "couldn't" find another job, then I suggest you deeply investigate /why/ you're afraid of looking for another, because that's likely why you're paid less - lack of experience, training, skills, or even personality are all completely valid and reasonable reasons to be paid less than someone else (regardless of the higher paid workers gender.)

Forum List

Back