MI Salon Owner "Bans" Trans, Etc. She Is Wrong.

They are not being forced. It is their chosen profession.

Years ago my band got booked to play on a cruise ship. What we didn't know was it was a gay event. Even though none of us are gay we played because that's what musicians do.
Did you get laid?

There is also age discrimination which seems acceptable by society.

You've lost your mind, haven't you?

My stance is consistent: no service should be denied to anyone because of their characteristics. Not gay. Not Christian. Not "tranny". Not white, black, or brown.

But on the basis of speech or even events, yes. So again for the 500th time: no one should refuse to feed a gay person a meal at their restaurant. But if that gay person requests the restaurant to cater their gay wedding--they should be able to refuse that event if morally opposed.

How is this difficult?

And yet you like it when Christians deny service because people are gay.

A wedding cake isn't speech. There are no words on a wedding cake

A web site isn't really the speech of the person who makes it for a fee since the people paying for it tell the person designing it what they want it to say.

So if a Jewish baker makes birthday cakes does he have to make one in the shape of a swastika when the neo Nazi asks for it?

Nope.

Does a black baker have to have a sign that says sorry we don’t make KKK cakes?

Does the Muslim have to have s a sign that says he doesn’t make cakes with Muhammads image on it?

If he advertises that he will make any cake for anyone yes.

What about the word design is confusing you?

People tell the baker what they want the cake to look like. They tell him the colors, they tell him how many people the cake is for, they tell him what kind of flowers etc.

No one says to any baker.

I need a wedding cake and I don't care what it looks like so you just "design" whatever you want.

If he advertises that he will make any cake for anyone yes.

Do you have any evidence that the baker in Colorado advertised that he'd bake any cake for anyone and then just decided he wasn't going to bake the gay marriage cake?

People tell the baker what they want the cake to look like. They tell him the colors, they tell him how many people the cake is for, they tell him what kind of flowers etc.

No one says to any baker.

I need a wedding cake and I don't care what it looks like so you just "design" whatever you want.

And that baker has the right to decline to make the cake those people describe. I'm truly confused as to why this is so hard to understand.

What he cant do is have a cake in his catalog or in the display case for sale and say sorry I wont sell that cake to YOU because you are insert thing he doesn't like here.

And yet you like it when Christians deny service because people are gay.

A wedding cake isn't speech. There are no words on a wedding cake

A web site isn't really the speech of the person who makes it for a fee since the people paying for it tell the person designing it what they want it to say.

Just so Im tracking you're fine with black web designer being forced by law and threat of punishment to produce a website for the KKK?

And that baker has the right to decline to make the cake those people describe. I'm truly confused as to why this is so hard to understand.

What he cant do is have a cake in his catalog or in the display case for sale and say sorry I wont sell that cake to YOU because you are insert thing he doesn't like here.

But if that baker will allow any other couple to tell him exactly what to bake he cannot deny a person that same service because he is fill in the blank

But if that baker will allow any other couple to tell him exactly what to bake he cannot deny a person that same service because he is fill in the blank
And the Jewish baker allowing any other person to tell him what they want their birthday cake to be like doesn't give the neo nazi the right require him to make a swastika cake.

The web designer making custom website for the local boy scouts doesnt mean they have to make one for the KKK as well.

No one has the right to your labor. No one has the right to your creativity. You trading your labor or creativity to one person or many people doesn't give everyone the right to it.

And the Jewish baker allowing any other person to tell him what they want their birthday cake to be like doesn't give the neo nazi the right require him to make a swastika cake.

The web designer making custom website for the local boy scouts doesnt mean they have to make one for the KKK as well.

No one has the right to your labor. No one has the right to your creativity. You trading your labor or creativity to one person or many people doesn't give everyone the right to it.

Why not?

If you allow one customer to tell you exactly what they want on a cake then you have to offer the same service to everyone.

And it's not the baker's creativity if they are being told exactly what to put on a cake.

Like I said before no one orders a wedding cake by saying " Hey Mr. Baker I need a wedding cake and I don't care how it looks so just make something up"

They come in and say I want a wedding cake with 5 tiers with white or whatever color frosting a and these kinds of flowers cascading down one side and I want this little ceramic statue on top.

OR a gay couple could come in and not order a "wedding cake" but instead they could order a 5 tier cake with white frosting and flowers cascading down one side just because they like big white cakes. And the baker would have no grounds to refuse them.

Why not?

If you allow one customer to tell you exactly what they want on a cake then you have to offer the same service to everyone.

And it's not the baker's creativity if they are being told exactly what to put on a cake.

Like I said before no one orders a wedding cake by saying " Hey Mr. Baker I need a wedding cake and I don't care how it looks so just make something up"

The come in and say I want a wedding cake with 5 tiers with white frosting flowers cascading down one side and I want this little ceramic statue on top.

OR a gay couple could come in and not order a "wedding cake" but instead the could order a 5 tier cake with white frosting an flowers cascading down one side just because they like big white cakes. And the baker would have ne grounds to refuse them.

Ok but that means you're ok with a NEO Nazi being able to force a Jewish baker to make a swastika birthday cake. Is that what you're saying?

Ok but that means you're ok with a NEO Nazi being able to force a Jewish baker to make a swastika birthday cake. Is that what you're saying?

no neo Nazi would do business with a Jew . Maybe you need to look up what neo Nazis actually believe.

Would you say a Jewish baker was "being forced" to make a Christmas cake or an Easter cake if he advertised that he made custom cakes for all occasions?

In several communities in this country, prostitution is not only legal, but advertised as open to the public.

My question is, would it be a violation of the public accommodation law for a female prostitute to deny her service to a lesbian or a transgender woman?

You say that but the lawsuits would fly.

Not from me they wouldn't; I leave lawsuits to the weak and petty. I have much more effective ways of dealing with people trying to screw around with me. I wish these Woke businesses would post who they hate, so I don't have to spend any money with them.

Last edited:
no neo Nazi would do business with a Jew . Maybe you need to look up what neo Nazis actually believe.

That's irrelevant. What you're proposing the law should be would allow the NEO NAZI to do it.

BTW not shocking your not willing to actually answer the question.

Would you say a Jewish baker was "being forced" to make a Christmas cake or an Easter cake if he advertised that he made custom cakes for all occasions?

Yes. yes I would and if he said he couldn't make my Christmas cake Id be fine with that.

In several communities in this country, prostitution is not only legal, but advertised as open to the public.

My question is, would it be a violation of the public accommodation law for a female prostitute to deny her service to a lesbian or a transgender woman?

A good question, actually. We can wait for the contorted 'logic' from the assorted deviants and mentally ill as they try to be Woke and bigots at the same time, as usual.

Forum List

Back