MI Salon Owner "Bans" Trans, Etc. She Is Wrong.

This is the kind of discrimination that is wrong and, if I understand the SC ruling correctly, unlawful. She is doing people's hair and is open to the public. This does not involve speech on her part. In fact, there is no reason at all for her to endorse these folks' sexuality in using her speech. She is coloring and cutting their hair. Unless you want to be completely untamed I guess, everyone needs their hair tended.

A hair salon owner in Michigan has vowed to ban certain members of the LGBTQ+ community who specify their pronouns, saying they are 'not welcome' at her salon.

'If a human identifies as anything other than a man/woman, please seek services at a local pet groomer,' Studio 8 Hair Lab owner Christine Geiger wrote on Facebook.

Geiger wrote that she was simply exercising her right to 'free speech' as well as her ability as a business owner to 'refuse services' to certain customers.

Hair salon owner vows to ban customers who specify their pronouns
Those people gotta be a constant pain in the ass

fuck em

Those people gotta be a constant pain in the ass

fuck em

I don't disagree with you and have taken to calling the troublemakers the Rainbow Brigade. But that's a separate issue from whether this salon owner can ban large groups of people like this.

"you're annoying" is not the same as "I can legally decide not to serve you because XYZ"

They are not being forced. It is their chosen profession.

Years ago my band got booked to play on a cruise ship. What we didn't know was it was a gay event. Even though none of us are gay we played because that's what musicians do.
Really? Did you have to play Barry Manilow?

I don't disagree with you and have taken to calling the troublemakers the Rainbow Brigade. But that's a separate issue from whether this salon owner can ban large groups of people like this.

"you're annoying" is not the same as "I can legally decide not to serve you because XYZ"

It should be

"Shirt and shoes required".

What's the difference between that, and MAGA hat required?

It's not a zero sum game. lines can be drawn.

Should a woman be forced to give a bikini wax to a trans woman that still has their twig and berries?

What about having to wax the balls?
If they give waxes to men at all then yes. or they can hire a guy to do those

Unless you ask for something specific which was the case in the Colorado baker's case. He's stated numerous times he would be more than happy to bake a cake for a gay couple, he just drew the line at baking the specific cake they asked for.

He makes wedding cakes.

If he makes a cake for one wedding then he has to make cakes for all weddings.

Did he have a sign that says he makes only hetero wedding cakes or only bakes wedding cakes for people getting married in a religious ceremony?

If a religious person says they can't serve gays because of their beliefs, that doesn't make them a nut......that makes them a free American with Rights over their labor and property.

So then a person can refuse service to religious people because of their beliefs because they are free Americans too.

No Christians allowed signs are OK with you right?

These psychos into extreme self-mutilations are high risk public health menaces as are most faggots; people should not ever be forced to allow them into their businesses, especially food places and places where children will be present. Any salon personel forced to wait on these nutjobs should be provided a full body suit so they can avoid contamination by the vast numbers of diseases being carried by these freaks.

So then a person can refuse service to religious people because of their beliefs because they are free Americans too.

No Christians allowed signs are OK with you right?

I don't know any Christians who would object to being banned from doing business with assorted deviants and sociopaths. Go ahead.

Forum List

Back