Michael Sam's father "embarassed" he is gay

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/s...n-coming-out-as-gay.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Another brother, Russell, was 15 when he was shot and killed trying to break into a home, in what his father said was part of a gang initiation. Another brother, Julian, has not been heard from since he left for work one day in 1998; his family believes he is dead. Two others are in jail.

One son killed in a B&E, one disappeared and presumed dead, two others in prison.....

Yet he is embarassed that his College educated, All-American Footbal player, Future NFLer son is gay

Last edited:
Any normal person would be embarrassed to find out their son had grown up to be a fudge packer. ... :eek:

And would feel like a failure as a parent. ... :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/s...n-coming-out-as-gay.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Another brother, Russell, was 15 when he was shot and killed trying to break into a home, in what his father said was part of a gang initiation. Another brother, Julian, has not been heard from since he left for work one day in 1998; his family believes he is dead. Two others are in jail.

One son killed in a B&E, one disappeared and presumed dead, two others in prison.....

Yet he is embarassed that his College educated, All-American Footbal player, Future NFLer son is gay

Well...that is an Official Authorized Parent for you. :eusa_whistle:

Talk about your misplaced priorities. Sounds like he should be happy his son is alive.

i doubt many parents, including gay parents, hope or dream that their kids grow up to be gay. even as far as we've progressed the fact that we're even discussing it goes to show that generally speaking homosexuals are going to have a tougher row to hoe.

but even if it's not something you wish for them there is absolutely nothing about a kid like Michael Sam to be ashamed of. his collegiate achievements on and off the field show the value of hard work, and coming out as he did shows a depth of character and maturity not many his age could match.

I am glad neither of my children are gay. I would be a liar if I said otherwise.
Having said that though, if my son told me that he was gay...how could my feelings for him be any different? He is my son. I could not possibly treat him any different.
Love is not a choice.

Everything is a conspiracy to the left. Do you want to indict a parent for a hate crime because he is embarrassed by his homosexual son?

Everything is a conspiracy to the left. Do you want to indict a parent for a hate crime because he is embarrassed by his homosexual son?

If he was murderer I could see. Gay? What is there to be embarrassed about? The father is a prick for abandoning his son at the time he will probably need him most.

i doubt many parents, including gay parents, hope or dream that their kids grow up to be gay. even as far as we've progressed the fact that we're even discussing it goes to show that generally speaking homosexuals are going to have a tougher row to hoe.

but even if it's not something you wish for them there is absolutely nothing about a kid like Michael Sam to be ashamed of. his collegiate achievements on and off the field show the value of hard work, and coming out as he did shows a depth of character and maturity not many his age could match.

How many parents are hoping and dreaming their kids grow up straight? Its not even important. I know I hoped my children would/will grow up to be happy adults.

Nope. But don't you agree that the father, considering what has happened with the rest of his sons, has mis-placed priorites?

Good for him. He's honest and never said embarrassed. He got a text Tuesday then the world knew Sunday. People are so unaccepting

What do you expect from a Democrat who is proud he voted for Obama?

Forum List

Back