Michael Sam's father "embarassed" he is gay

Funny how the left professes tolerance for sodomites and every other freakazoid but they have no tolerance for people who disagree with them.

Funny how the left professes tolerance for sodomites and every other freakazoid but they have no tolerance for people who disagree with them.

it is a mistake to believe that every point of view is valid or has merit

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/s...n-coming-out-as-gay.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Another brother, Russell, was 15 when he was shot and killed trying to break into a home, in what his father said was part of a gang initiation. Another brother, Julian, has not been heard from since he left for work one day in 1998; his family believes he is dead. Two others are in jail.

One son killed in a B&E, one disappeared and presumed dead, two others in prison.....

Yet he is embarassed that his College educated, All-American Footbal player, Future NFLer son is gay

Talk about your misplaced priorities. Sounds like he should be happy his son is alive.

Or maybe he's just disgusted that not one of his spawn turned out normal.

Everything is a conspiracy to the left. Do you want to indict a parent for a hate crime because he is embarrassed by his homosexual son?

Nope. But don't you agree that the father, considering what has happened with the rest of his sons, has mis-placed priorites?

no, I do not agree.

it is HIM who makes the priorities, not YOU.

So what? His father views homosexuality the way he does, he believes in one man/one woman. And? His son texted him that he was gay. <blink, blink> Really? What a dodge. Likely he knew what his father's reaction would be, huh?

Michael Sam had anticipated his family’s uneasiness. In an interview Sunday in North Hollywood, Calif., he spoke about his tough upbringing, which he said was more challenging than the decision to come out publicly.

“I’m closer to my friends than I am to my family,” Sam said.

^ Oh, his relationship with his family is rocky.

“I’m old school,” he added. “I’m a man-and-a-woman type of guy.” As evidence, he pointed out that he had taken an older son to Mexico to lose his virginity.

^ wtf? Taking your son to Mexico to lose his virginity is 'old school'? What the hell school is that?

On Sunday night, just after Michael Sam announced his intention to make sports history, his father was still struggling with the news.

Sam Sr. loves his son, and he said he hoped his son made it to the N.F.L. “As a black man, we have so many hurdles to cross,” he said. “This is just one he has to cross.”

He is embarrassed that his son is gay but he still loves his son. I can understand his father's pov and tbh, don't give a shit. Don't give a shit that this guy is gay either. I find the whole 'coming out' thing perplexing. The majority of people simply don't care but we are tired of hearing about homosexual's sexual preference. I mean, just live your life. When people see you with a person of the same sex as your date/partner, etc. we'll know. And we still won't care.

Sam had begun telling small groups of his University of Missouri teammates that he was gay two years earlier. In August, he told the whole group, along with the coaching staff. Most of them already knew.

If he was not quite public about his sexuality, he certainly was not hiding it. His self-confidence blossomed, along with his game.

I don't get this whole "coming out" announcement. Do heterosexuals 'come out'? No, they just live their life. Apparently that's exactly what Mr. Sam was doing as well, as everyone who knows him knows he's gay.

Everything is a conspiracy to the left. Do you want to indict a parent for a hate crime because he is embarrassed by his homosexual son?

No.

The OP is designed to indict All who disagree with the Queer Agenda. All must be assholes who are embarrassed their son is a deviant. No quarter given for honesty.

So let it be a lesson: If your kid says he's a Queer, then play along with the charade and take the Obama's as an example.

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/s...n-coming-out-as-gay.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Another brother, Russell, was 15 when he was shot and killed trying to break into a home, in what his father said was part of a gang initiation. Another brother, Julian, has not been heard from since he left for work one day in 1998; his family believes he is dead. Two others are in jail.

One son killed in a B&E, one disappeared and presumed dead, two others in prison.....

Yet he is embarassed that his College educated, All-American Footbal player, Future NFLer son is gay

What an idiot. Outta be embarassed for being a crap parent who brought up criminals and failures, and the one decent one was the result of a 'rare anomoly.' :)

This guy has quite a story, not only does his father question his sexuality he was raised in a Jehovah Witness household as well, where sports are frowned on.

Funny how liberals want to say what parents should or shouldn't be embarrassed about. I tell you what if i had a daughter i would be embarrassed if she got an abortion. We have a president who would be proud of his daughters for having one. As he states he wouldn't want them burdened with a child. I'm sure liberals will say the same thing. In which a child is a gift from God. Go figure.

Funny how liberals want to say what parents should or shouldn't be embarrassed about. I tell you what if i had a daughter i would be embarrassed if she got an abortion. We have a president who would be proud of his daughters for having one. As he states he wouldn't want them burdened with a child. I'm sure liberals will say the same thing. In which a child is a gift from God. Go figure.

Funny how people that are afraid of gay people live vicariously through their children instead of being there for them as a parent. i wouldn't want my girls to get an abortion but i would not be embarrassed if one of them did. Why should they be burdened with your personal hangups and fears? The end goal is for them to be happy not for you to be happy.

I'll wager Michael doesn't feel the same way about his father.

Wait. I just read the entire article. Where does the father say he's embarrased?

He said he was "uncomfortable".

That's a common reaction of any parent who's child comes out. Oftentimes because they're aware of the stigma involved and the homophobia of nutcases. I understand this isn't the case with Sam's father, but to mangle one's words doesn't make a point other than you're trying to mangle someone's words.

Funny how people that are afraid of gay people live vicariously through their children instead of being there for them as a parent. i wouldn't want my girls to get an abortion but i would not be embarrassed if one of them did. Why should they be burdened with your personal hangups and fears? The end goal is for them to be happy not for you to be happy.

Never been afraid of a gay person, people like yourself came up with that. Abortion is murder and is wrong. There is proof that some women suffer for their entire lives after an abortion. Seems like parents would think about that. Yes, it's tough raising a kid. I'm a single father, but when they grow up there is no better feeling.

Suddenly, through the Majic of the Queer Agenda, Being Embarrassed = Being Afraid

Forum List

Back