Michele Obama / Hollywood uses military as Props for Oscars.

I see that I am not the only person with a connection to the military who found this offensive and for the same reasons I had.

No, other ODS sufferers had the same unreasonable reaction.

And I see the kneepadders won't see the truth.

If you will notice.. None of us give a damn about her presenting the award.

I really don't give a flying Rat's patoot about that.

Mis-use of the military I do care about.

You can keep accusing me of ODS.. But it falls flat under the facts.

I see that I am not the only person with a connection to the military who found this offensive and for the same reasons I had.

You just keep telling yourself that. You've probably even convinced yourself you'd feel the same if it were the spouse of a conservative President. I'm not convinced. You've yet to explain WHY it is "disrespectful". "Because it is" isn't an answer.

"mis-use" of the military? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michelle Obama at the Oscars? No big deal.

The active military at the Oscars? No big deal, look at the fly overs at games and on and on.

Outraged at this event, then be outrage with all the events.

Just keep burying your head in the sand.. Keep telling yourself that I, and the article I posted, didn't explain why it was wrong to use the Military as props for a Hollywood Awards program and why that was different than the flyovers and the use of the Honor Guard during the National Anthem at Ball Games.

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

Just in case you missed it, or can't read..

This isn't about Obama appearing. I couldn't care less.

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

That is very disrespectful

I see not paying attention to what is actually said is a Liberal trait here.

I couldn't care less about Obama being on the show. I have never intentionally watched a single one.

I do care that she used the military as props at the request of the Show's producers. That bothers me a lot.

The military was there at the request of the Show's Producers.

Go read the OP. I linked it there.

Oh yeah.. You didn't read the OP, you just shot from the hip with your wiseassed comments.

I see that the lefties here have resorted to their "I have lost the discussion" and have resorted to the "Whataboutry" and personal attack stages.

There was no reason to have the military there, the article in the OP shows that they were there at the request of the show's producers.

Michelle Obama does not have anything to do with the military. She is not in the Chain of Command, so have the military serving as her backdrop for the Oscars goes beyond the pale.

It's obvious you don't if you think that there are some assigned to Michele Obama.

As I said, Michele Obama does not fall into the military chain of command. She is the First Lady, not President.

1 - It wasn't a military occasion.

2 - The Military was not being honored, a movie was.

3 - Michelle Obama is not in the chain of command

4 - It was done at the request of the Show's Producers.

They were props. Nothing more. That is showing disrespect to the military.

The Military were there in Uniform. They are only supposed to be in uniform at official functions or when on duty

Active Duty Military are not to be used to sell or endorse a commercial product.

Who approved the use of Active Duty Military in this manner? To appear in this program could be considered an endorsement of a commercial product.

he Military in general, being used as props at the request of Hollywood Producer. If you can't see that, nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. As Retired Military, I find it very disrespectful.

Okay Shroom...here are your posts in the thread. Over and over I see you say how disrespectful you think it is for the military to appear on National TV with the First Lady of the United States of America...but not WHY you think it is disrespectful or even how it is different than using flyovers at ballgames.

The only conclusion that can be reached is...

ods.jpg

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

Just in case you missed it, or can't read..

This isn't about Obama appearing. I couldn't care less.

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

That is very disrespectful

1 - It wasn't a military occasion.

2 - The Military was not being honored, a movie was.

3 - Michelle Obama is not in the chain of command

4 - It was done at the request of the Show's Producers.

They were props. Nothing more. That is showing disrespect to the military.
The Military were there in Uniform. They are only supposed to be in uniform at official functions or when on duty

Active Duty Military are not to be used to sell or endorse a commercial product.

Who approved the use of Active Duty Military in this manner? To appear in this program could be considered an endorsement of a commercial product.

he Military in general, being used as props at the request of Hollywood Producer.
If you can't see that, nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. As Retired Military, I find it very disrespectful.

Okay Shroom...here are your posts in the thread. Over and over I see you say how disrespectful you think it is for the military to appear on National TV with the First Lady of the United States of America...but not WHY you think it is disrespectful or even how it is different than using flyovers at ballgames.

The only conclusion that can be reached is...

What is sad is that you quoted it... I embolden it and underlined it for you.

"Over the next several years, thousands of veterans will return home from Afghanistan and start to search for jobs. Physical disability, emotional trauma, and a lack of civilian work experience have made it difficult for them to find employment.

Today private equity giant Blackstone Group said that, in cooperation with Michelle Obama’s ongoing effort to get companies to hire veterans, it would hire 50,000 returning service members over the next five years. The jobs will be spread across Blackstone’s vast portfolio of companies, which include Hilton hotels, the Weather Channel, and the SeaWorld theme park. In January, Wal-Mart Stores said it would hire any honorably discharged veteran who applies for a job.

Announcements like these generate good press for companies and the first lady, but they also highlight the problematic skills mismatch between veterans and the civilian job market. Many vets possess hard-to-find skills that should make them attractive hires. Some are medics trained to save lives; others are expert at repairing planes, helicopters, and trucks, or have advanced technology or communications training. They are accustomed to stress and working under pressure.

Yet these skills don’t often translate well on résumés. Veterans’ job descriptions are categorized in nine-digit MOCs, or military occupation codes. The Army has more than 9,000 such codes.

Chambers hasn’t committed to hiring a set number of vets, but under a pilot program that’s part of Michelle Obama’s veterans initiative, Cisco and other Silicon Valley firms, including Oracle, Microsoft, and Hewlett-Packard, will test software that matches MOC codes to civilian job descriptions a human resources department can comprehend. The initiative will also help companies identify veterans whose military experience should count toward industry credentials and certifications—allowing, for example, Army programmers to qualify for programmer jobs at tech firms."

:clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2:

072611_Joining_Forces_JUL11.jpg

bump1.jpg

Forum List

Back