Michele Obama / Hollywood uses military as Props for Oscars.

The military are props. Children are props. Doctors have been props. We are all props. Supporting actors in the obama saga. They are the stars of every show. There are enough fawning syncophants to keep their media hunger going.

What's amzing is that you think this is just true of the current administration. :lol:

The military has been involved in sporting events for a long time.....when has THIS eve happened with any 1st Lady or military????

A quick Google search will find thousands of photo-ops of former First Ladies and members of the military.

The military are props. Children are props. Doctors have been props. We are all props. Supporting actors in the obama saga. They are the stars of every show. There are enough fawning syncophants to keep their media hunger going.

What's amzing is that you think this is just true of the current administration. :lol:

The military has been involved in sporting events for a long time.....when has THIS eve happened with any 1st Lady or military????

Let me guess....you thought this was a bad thing.

A quick Google search will find thousands of photo-ops of former First Ladies and members of the military.

At the Oscars? Or Emmy's? Or any other stupid Hollywood event?

No one was "at the Oscars". Michelle Obama appeared on a live feed from the White House.

But even if they were "at the Oscars", no one has been able to explain to me how that would be "disrespectful".

Without planning to, I accidently watched part of the Oscars last night.

And it had to be Michele Obama presenting the Best Movie award.

While I don't give a flip that she did it, I was wondering why they had the military standing there in Formal Mess Dress.

Turns out, the producers of the Oscars requested it.

The Obama's used active duty military as props for Hollywood. That speak volumes about how they actually feel about the military.

Michelle Obama at Oscars: Harvey Weinstein Arranged It

So, two weeks ago, Koch and the producers borrowed Disney's jet for a flight to D.C. They told their colleagues, though, that they had to go to New York for the day. "The planning of it was like Argo -- it was a C.I.A. mission, it was so complicated. We didn't even want anyone to know where we were going," Zadan said.

Once they arrived, they joined up with Weinstein and his daughter and then they all met with members of the first lady's staff to hammer out the details. The staff took them through the available White House rooms so they could select one for the broadcast. They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

The clintons used West Point cadets as busboys when they were entertaining enemies of the US.

Without planning to, I accidently watched part of the Oscars last night.

And it had to be Michele Obama presenting the Best Movie award.

While I don't give a flip that she did it, I was wondering why they had the military standing there in Formal Mess Dress.

Turns out, the producers of the Oscars requested it.

The Obama's used active duty military as props for Hollywood. That speak volumes about how they actually feel about the military.

Michelle Obama at Oscars: Harvey Weinstein Arranged It

So, two weeks ago, Koch and the producers borrowed Disney's jet for a flight to D.C. They told their colleagues, though, that they had to go to New York for the day. "The planning of it was like Argo -- it was a C.I.A. mission, it was so complicated. We didn't even want anyone to know where we were going," Zadan said.

Once they arrived, they joined up with Weinstein and his daughter and then they all met with members of the first lady's staff to hammer out the details. The staff took them through the available White House rooms so they could select one for the broadcast. They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

The clintons used West Point cadets as busboys when they were entertaining enemies of the US.

Oh, I want to see the Link on that one.

Self promoting boosterism. The big moo just happened to have these military folks just passing by to kneel in homage.

Next year moo will beat out a cocker spaniel to take Best in Show. And that will be fixed.

1 - It wasn't a military occasion.
So what?

The Military were there in Uniform. They are only supposed to be in uniform at official functions or when on duty.

2 - The Military was not being honored, a movie was.
So what?
Active Duty Military are not to be used to sell or endorse a commercial product.

4 - It was done at the request of the Show's Producers.
So what?

Who approved the use of Active Duty Military in this manner? To appear in this program could be considered an endorsement of a commercial product.

They were props. Nothing more. That is showing disrespect to the military.
How? Who is being "disrespectful"? The soldiers who volunteered to appear on TV?

Who is being "disrespected"?

The Military in general, being used as props at the request of Hollywood Producer. If you can't see that, nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. As Retired Military, I find it very disrespectful.

So what?

The Military were there in Uniform. They are only supposed to be in uniform at official functions or when on duty.

So what?
Active Duty Military are not to be used to sell or endorse a commercial product.

So what?

Who approved the use of Active Duty Military in this manner? To appear in this program could be considered an endorsement of a commercial product.

How? Who is being "disrespectful"? The soldiers who volunteered to appear on TV?

The Military in general, being used as props at the request of Hollywood Producer. If you can't see that, nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. As Retired Military, I find it very disrespectful.

If you were retired military, you would recognize dinner dress and the gold chord on their shoulders identifying them as Aides-de-Camp....probably on WH duty which is CHOICE duty and for a LT, as they mostly looked like, a definite choice ticket punch on the track for Command and a star or two.

Oh, and....are you a Mod here?

One more note...you have a problem with the military at sporting events then, right?

Last edited:
Actually, any actively serving member of the military MUST wear a full dress uniform while on the premises of the White House.
What commercial product do you think they were "selling" or "endorsing"?

How "could" this program be considered an "endorsement" of a commercial product? What "product"? What "endorsement"?

The Military in general?

So you think those soldiers who volunteered to be on TV were "disrespecting" the military they currently serve?

For much of his presidency Bush, Jr. only spoke to the military, with some of them posed behind him.
Who can forget the staged "Mission Accomplished" on the carrier?

So what?

So what?

So what?

You may have been active duty, but you were never Honor Guard. We got asked to appear all over the place...parades, sporting events, to open conferences, etc. There's nothing disrespectful about it.

You just hate this President so anything that is associated with him in any way shape or form (including his wife) is inherently "bad" in your book.

ODS...there is no cure.

Self promoting boosterism. The big moo just happened to have these military folks just passing by to kneel in homage.

Next year moo will beat out a cocker spaniel to take Best in Show. And that will be fixed.

The 'class' is just oozing from this post, huh?

It's RW Class. You should recognize it by now.

It's expected.

The Limbaughs and Hannitys have turned politics into some sort of blood sport. We're alsways right, they're always wrong and we must destroy them because they are the enemy.

And of course the drones have gone along with it and the most fervent are always trying to outdo each other.

Monkey see, monkey do I suppose.

So what?

So what?

So what?

You may have been active duty, but you were never Honor Guard. We got asked to appear all over the place...parades, sporting events, to open conferences, etc. There's nothing disrespectful about it.

You just hate this President so anything that is associated with him in any way shape or form (including his wife) is inherently "bad" in your book.

ODS...there is no cure.

I don't hate Obama or his wife.

I don't like what they are doing to this country, but I don't know them well enough to hate them personally.

Hate, like Love, is a very strong emotion and should be used only very rarely.

As Honor Guard, you were there presenting the Flag during the National Anthem or honoring a fallen soldier or other person. ( I had several people who worked for me on Honor Guard and I know when they were on duty and what they did. ) You were never sent out to stand behind a person in Full Uniform to just smile and be a backdrop because a TV Show Producer requested you.

Evidently you, if you were ever truly Honor Guard, didn't understand why you were sent to the places you were sent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back