Michele Obama / Hollywood uses military as Props for Oscars.

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

Michelle Obama-Oscars: First lady wasn't the first to appear at the Oscars.

Just in case you missed it, or can't read..

This isn't about Obama appearing. I couldn't care less.

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

That is very disrespectful.

Other comments in your thread attacked her for appearing, military or no. I can provide evidence of every administration since photographic evidence appeared, using the military as "props". Do you have ANY idea how many volunteers there would have been?

"Who wants to wear their dress uniforms and appear on National TV with the First Lady?"

They would have had to screen applicants and have a lottery, they would get so many volunteers.

"Who wants to wear their dress uniforms and appear on National TV with the First Lady?"

They would have had to screen applicants and have a lottery, they would get so many volunteers.

I would have volunteered.

I've met three presidents, two sitting and one a former POTUS, and it's been an honor everytime. To be invited to the WH would be as well.

I was a guest at someone else's place and the lady of the manse was watching the Oscars. I admit that when it was announced that a certain queen was presenting the Best Picture Award, I requested the channel be changed. (We had, after all, just had a splendid meal, why ruin it.) We finished the evening watching "Family Guy" and "Robot Chicken" on Adult Swim. A much classier and far more entertaining choice.

Agreed! :D

I'd have done exactly the same! No need to spoil a perfectly good dinner! ;)

Glad to see it. WWF was on, right?

I was a guest at someone else's place and the lady of the manse was watching the Oscars. I admit that when it was announced that a certain queen was presenting the Best Picture Award, I requested the channel be changed. (We had, after all, just had a splendid meal, why ruin it.) We finished the evening watching "Family Guy" and "Robot Chicken" on Adult Swim. A much classier and far more entertaining choice.

Agreed! :D

I'd have done exactly the same! No need to spoil a perfectly good dinner! ;)

Glad to see it. WWF was on, right?

Isn't it always? :lol:

Without planning to, I accidently watched part of the Oscars last night.

mrblackass-271x400.jpg

Sure, sweet cheeks, sure...

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

How is that disrespectful?

what is WWF ?

it's not WTF and is not WW3 ..... what is it enlighten me please .... I am holding my breath! :)

From the OP...

They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

The military was there at the request of the Show's Producers.

It's disrespectful because it reminds ODS sufferers like himself that her husband is still Commander-in-Chief.

:D

It's disrespectful because it reminds ODS sufferers like himself that her husband is still Commander-in-Chief.

:D

Apparently.

From the OP...

They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

Link to that, please....note: see all the gold braid? They are Aides-de-Camp....most likely there for the Governor's Dinner to begin with. But you are welcome to prove they were "dragged in" just for this.

Last edited:
From the OP...

Link to that, please.

Go read the OP. I linked it there.

Oh yeah.. You didn't read the OP, you just shot from the hip with your wiseassed comments.

Last edited:
I've been in the Army for 20 years.

Everytime a VIP, especially a POTUS comes to post, they always trot us out there to "support" them.

Asking for a few volunteers to appear at the WH is now embarassing?

Amazing.

Forum List

Back