Michele Obama / Hollywood uses military as Props for Oscars.

I've been in the Army for 20 years.

Everytime a VIP, especially a POTUS comes to post, they always trot us out there to "support" them.

Asking for a few volunteers to appear at the WH is now embarassing?

Amazing.

If I had to guess, the idea of letting private individuals requisition military personnel to do anything is going to be the source of the GOP resentment du jour. I will let the him dream up a reason why this particular use of the military is so much more egregious than say, a former POTUS landing on an aircraft carrier, delaying their liberty, making their ship a target, and unfurling a "mission accomplished" banner which later they would be blamed for by the White House....

I imagine most, if not all of the military members who were there were quite honored to be there.

I would be honored to be invited to the WH, regardless of who the POTUS was.
No doubt, those military folks loved being a part of the Oscars.

I've been in the Army for 20 years.

Everytime a VIP, especially a POTUS comes to post, they always trot us out there to "support" them.

Asking for a few volunteers to appear at the WH is now embarassing?

Amazing.

If I had to guess, the idea of letting private individuals requisition military personnel to do anything is going to be the source of the GOP resentment du jour. I will let the him dream up a reason why this particular use of the military is so much more egregious than say, a former POTUS landing on an aircraft carrier, delaying their liberty, making their ship a target, and unfurling a "mission accomplished" banner which later they would be blamed for by the White House....
Bingo!

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

Michelle Obama-Oscars: First lady wasn't the first to appear at the Oscars.

But did any of the rest of them use the military as a backdrop while failing to mention them? I didn't think so.

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

But did any of the rest of them use the military as a backdrop while failing to mention them? I didn't think so.

You'll lift any rock to find something about her to whine about, won't you?

You'll lift any rock to find something about her to whine about, won't you?

Of course they will. That's what makes reading a thread like this soooo enjoyable.

:)

I see that the lefties here have resorted to their "I have lost the discussion" and have resorted to the "Whataboutry" and personal attack stages.

There was no reason to have the military there, the article in the OP shows that they were there at the request of the show's producers.

Michelle Obama does not have anything to do with the military. She is not in the Chain of Command, so have the military serving as her backdrop for the Oscars goes beyond the pale.

I see that the lefties here have resorted to their "I have lost the discussion" and have resorted to the "Whataboutry" and personal attack stages.

There was no reason to have the military there, the article in the OP shows that they were there at the request of the show's producers.

Michelle Obama does not have anything to do with the military. She is not in the Chain of Command, so have the military serving as her backdrop for the Oscars goes beyond the pale.

Fauxrage_zps57857526.jpg

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4731-gop-tears.jpg

You don't know what Military Aides-de-Camp are, do you?

It's obvious you don't if you think that there are some assigned to Michele Obama.

a subordinate military or naval officer acting as a confidential assistant to a superior, usually to a general officer or admiral.

As I said, Michele Obama does not fall into the military chain of command. She is the First Lady, not President.

It's obvious you don't if you think that there are some assigned to Michele Obama.

a subordinate military or naval officer acting as a confidential assistant to a superior, usually to a general officer or admiral.

As I said, Michele Obama does not fall into the military chain of command. She is the First Lady, not President.

They were there for the Governors' Dinner...and I think it's great that Michelle brought them over for the photo op.....you apparently find it embarassing.

Again, I don't see anything "disrespectful" to the military.

Explain - why is it "disrespectful" to ask for military volunteers to appear on television with the First Lady?

ETA - How does "Chain of Command" come into play? Is there some reason why non-military shouldn't be seen with members of the military?

1 - It wasn't a military occasion.

2 - The Military was not being honored, a movie was.

3 - Michelle Obama is not in the chain of command

4 - It was done at the request of the Show's Producers.

They were props. Nothing more. That is showing disrespect to the military.

1. They are Military Aide-de-Camps....they are assigned to the WH...it is a prestigious tour of duty...note the gold braid they wear.

2. So what...do you think she needed to ORDER them?

3. So what...do you think they needed to be ORDERED or do you think they thought it was cool?

Props? You mean like the USS Lincoln and it's crew off the coast of San Diego for the "Mission Accomplished" speech?

DO you think this was to help Obama get re-elected? Ooops!

So what?

So what?

So what?

So what?

How? Who is being "disrespectful"? The soldiers who volunteered to appear on TV?

Who is being "disrespected"?

1. They are Military Aide-de-Camps....they are assigned to the WH...it is a prestigious tour of duty...note the gold braid they wear.

2. So what...do you think she needed to ORDER them?

3. So what...do you think they needed to be ORDERED or do you think they thought it was cool?

Props? You mean like the USS Lincoln and it's crew off the coast of San Diego for the "Mission Accomplished" speech?

DO you think this was to help Obama get re-elected? Ooops!

I'm sure if we dug into the archives we could find other instances where the last guy in the WH did what the OP is accusing this Prez of doing.

So what?

So what?

So what?

So what?

How? Who is being "disrespectful"? The soldiers who volunteered to appear on TV?

Who is being "disrespected"?

I don't think Shroom knows about Military Aide-de-Camps on duty at the WH.

The military are props. Children are props. Doctors have been props. We are all props. Supporting actors in the obama saga. They are the stars of every show. There are enough fawning syncophants to keep their media hunger going.

What's amzing is that you think this is just true of the current administration. :lol:

The military has been involved in sporting events for a long time.....when has THIS eve happened with any 1st Lady or military????

Forum List

Back