Michelle Obama-"all this just for a flag"

What does the flag have to do with me being retired military. I didn't join because of the flag. My ID, retirement pay and DD-214 bolster my claim.

You spent too much time in uniform dicking your white troops (and they knew you hated them. They're not stupid, like you are). You should have spent it learning about honor and tradition.

Sell that bullshit somewhere else. The "tradition" of the Navy was to steer blacks to non-technical jobs. Blacks could only be stewards for the majority of Navy history. I honor myself by advancing the black sailors.
Shitty NCO. Period. Proof?

I am a Petty Officer in the United States Navy, the strongest Navy in the world. I have the distinct privilege of being a leader of the finest Sailors anywhere. As such, I owe my Sailors leadership that they can depend on, trust, and follow.

I will neither fear nor shun responsibility and I am always responsible for my actions. I am always fair and impartial when dealing with my Sailors; remembering not to accept full credit for a "A Job Well Done" without proper recognition of my Sailors first.

I am loyal to my subordinates, peers, and those officers appointed over me. I cannot favor either; my integrity must be beyond reproach.

I will fully support all Navy Regulations and Articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I have the duty to correct and report all violations of these regulations that govern my Navy.

I instill Esprit de Corps throughout the Petty Officer grades in the Navy; bearing allegiance to each other.

I owe all of the above not to just myself, but to the United States, to my Navy, and to the Sailors who work for me."​

You failed every bolded part.

Shitty NCO.

It's been established and somewhat encouraged by the left to burn the flag or what have you.
I just don't expect disrespect from a First Lady....
And it looks to me like she did just that.

Sorry but that's the way I feel.
And until some one provides an explanation from the First Lady
or the WH to counter what seems to be obvious I'm still gonna feel this way.
I don't know, Rozman. I know people who've said unfortunate things and later apologized, then never gone there again. First she says her husband is a Kenyan; then that she has never been proud of her country before her husband becomes President, and now, it's the "all this for a damn flag" thing.

I'm starting to get a picture I didn't want to get of any other First Lady after Hillary "I forget" Clinton who lied through omission to a Grand Jury. That's lower than snake snot. Damning the flag? I didn't think anyone could get lower than snake snot.

I'm wondering how did our nation get to this point?

Being tolerant doesn't mean let the fleas take over the house.

What does the flag have to do with me being retired military. I didn't join because of the flag. My ID, retirement pay and DD-214 bolster my claim.

You spent too much time in uniform dicking your white troops (and they knew you hated them. They're not stupid, like you are). You should have spent it learning about honor and tradition.

Sell that bullshit somewhere else. The "tradition" of the Navy was to steer blacks to non-technical jobs. Blacks could only be stewards for the majority of Navy history. I honor myself by advancing the black sailors.
So to balance things out, you are looking only at skin color to determine advancement, Mr. Jones? That's what the KKK did, and I didn't like it one little bit. Equality means colorblindness aforethought.

Actually, it was the Fillipinos who were the stewards in the Navy.

Maybe you should have studied Naval History during your time in the Navy.

"The Stewards' Branch

In organizing the Stewards' Branch, the Marine Corps followed the example of the Navy, which had begun before World War I to segregate the enlisted force by channeling blacks away from combat or technical specialities and making them stewards or mess attendants."

The Right to Fight: African-American Marines in World War II (Building the 51st Defense Battalion)

So to balance things out, you are looking only at skin color to determine advancement, Mr. Jones? That's what the KKK did, and I didn't like it one little bit. Equality means colorblindness aforethought.

I didn't lynch any white people. May have killed a couple of careers, though.

I am a Petty Officer in the United States Navy, the strongest Navy in the world. I have the distinct privilege of being a leader of the finest Sailors anywhere. As such, I owe my Sailors leadership that they can depend on, trust, and follow.

I will neither fear nor shun responsibility and I am always responsible for my actions. I am always fair and impartial when dealing with my Sailors; remembering not to accept full credit for a "A Job Well Done" without proper recognition of my Sailors first.

I am loyal to my subordinates, peers, and those officers appointed over me. I cannot favor either; my integrity must be beyond reproach.

I will fully support all Navy Regulations and Articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I have the duty to correct and report all violations of these regulations that govern my Navy.

I instill Esprit de Corps throughout the Petty Officer grades in the Navy; bearing allegiance to each other.

I owe all of the above not to just myself, but to the United States, to my Navy, and to the Sailors who work for me."​

Shitty NCO.

That's not what my DD-214 or retirement checks say.

Depends "how" he advanced them. In rank? Or Military Occupational Specialty crosstraing, or doing the job of their original MOS.
Elaborate please.

If you're looking to bolster your increasingly-laughable claim that you're a veteran, you're doing it wrong.

Better men and women than you died for that flag.

I didn't join because of the flag either. I was a 17 year old kid working in the stockyards of Montana and going to school, and when I was around 17 1/2, my Grandparents came in and told me that they were going to break my plate (kick me out) when I turned 18.

I thought to myself, where could I go that would be decent pay with good health care and start out at entry level, without worrying much about getting hired? The answer came to me in the form of the military.

I didn't join the Air Force, because there was a base in my hometown, and I didn't much care for them.

Didn't join the Army, because although camping as a hobby was good, as a lifestyle it kinda left a bit to be desired.

Didn't join the Marines because I didn't want to become a bullet sponge, and I knew that Marines were generally the first ones in a hot war zone.

However.............the Navy offered me the chance to travel (49 different states and 26 different countries), as well as allowed me to bring my house with me, so I didn't have to camp out or go without A/C when I was in desert areas.

Why did I join the military? Security for myself, and I also knew it would make my Grandparents proud of me. Never saw them beam with pride so much as the day I came home with an enlistment contract.

3 days after my 18th birthday? I was sitting in Orlando FL, wondering what kind of mess I'd just gotten into.

20 years later? I'm happy about my service and proud of my flag, but also, as a military man, I understand that we have a right to free speech. If you want to burn the flag, go ahead (it's free speech after all), but you better be prepared for my response.

Thank you for your service. It's a hell of a sacrifice our men and women make serving in the military.

I didn't lynch any white people. May have killed a couple of careers, though.
Shitty NCO. Undeniably.

Shitty NCO.

It's what I say. It's what any color-blind NCO would say. It's what your troops say.

And it's what the oath you took says.

Depends "how" he advanced them. In rank? Or Military Occupational Specialty crosstraing, or doing the job of their original MOS.
Elaborate please.

By helping them study for their advancement exams. By fighting for them in the murder boards. By making sure they received recognition for their work, by getting them awards/medals. By getting them the advance schools they needed for their rate/MOS. By doing the same things the Fillipino Chiefs did for their junior Fillipino sailors.

Shitty NCO.

It's what I say. It's what any color-blind NCO would say. It's what your troops say.

And it's what the oath you took says.

It's not what all the black sailors I got advanced say and a lot of them are Chiefs, Senior Chiefs, with a few Master Chiefs and Officers now. And they are following my example.

Forum List

Back