Michelle Obama bombs at the oscars?!?!

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
Michelle Obama's Oscars Moment Was Pretty Controversial, Actually
BY ESTHER ZUCKERMAN **|** 12:24 AM ET
"It began as a seemingly awkward Jack Nicholson introduction of the very long list of nominees, but the Best Picture denouement*at a very long Oscars ceremony on Sunday turned into a surprise appearance by Michelle Obama, via satellite from the Governors' Ball in Washington, D.C.—where earlier she had sat next to Chris Christie—to introduce and announce the winner,*Argo.*

"These nine movies took us back in time and all around the world. They made us laugh, they made us weep, and they made us grip our armrests just a little tighter," Obama said. "They taught us that love can endure against all odds and transform our lives in the most surprising ways, and they reminded us that we can overcome any obstacle if we can dig deep enough and fight hard enough and find the courage to believe in ourselves."*

After telling Nicholson to hang on a second, the First Lady was handed an envelope to announce the winner:"

Michelle Obama's Oscars Moment Was Pretty Controversial, Actually - Entertainment - The Atlantic Wire

"It is not enough that President Obama pops up at every sporting event in the nation. Now the first lady feels entitled, with military personnel as props, to intrude on other forms of entertaining (this time for the benefit of the Hollywood glitterati who so lavishly paid for her husband’s election). I’m sure the left will holler that once again conservatives are being grouchy and have it in for the Obamas. Seriously, if they really had their president’s interests at heart, they’d steer away from encouraging these celebrity appearances. It makes both the president and the first lady seem small and grasping. In this case, it was just downright weird."

Washington Post

obamas are everywhere. There's no way to avoid them. They insert themselves into every facet of life. It would not be surprising to see them handing out diplomas at the local high school.

Conservatives are outraged...

Who'da thunk it?

HAHAHHAAHAHHA fucking retard this OP is fucking cock ass drunk on the right wing cool aid

Outraged isn't quite the word. I know that liberals have a very limited vocabulary so they can get some excuse. A more proper and specific word might be disgusted or even embarrassed.

When Prince William married Kate, conservatives joked that the reason why the obamas were not invited to the wedding was because the couple was afraid that the obama crew would jump in front of the camera taking wedding photos. Then it was a joke. Today it could be considered something they would really do.

Outraged isn't quite the word. I know that liberals have a very limited vocabulary so they can get some excuse. A more proper and specific word might be disgusted or even embarrassed.

When Prince William married Kate, conservatives joked that the reason why the obamas were not invited to the wedding was because the couple was afraid that the obama crew would jump in front of the camera taking wedding photos. Then it was a joke. Today it could be considered something they would really do.

She looked sharp didn't she?

Why?

What was disgusting?

What was embarassing?

She looked sharp didn't she?

I don't watch award shows of any kind. So I didn't have to be immediately embarassed by her spectacle.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised or outraged. Obama is an actor pretending to be a president, and his "role" of president is only propt up by the liberal media.

Kickbacks have to be repaid, so he rented out his wife.

'made us laugh'--I haven't seen the nine contenders or any other recent films but from the clips shown nothing made me think humor was involved.

Somewhere I read that Spielberg invited a high ranking official to present at the Golden Globes so the Academy decided to upgrade and invited the FLOTUS. Katzenberg or someone made the request.

Then Streisand took the stage for a tribute to Marvin Hamlisch---'The Way We Were'.

I can remember a time when I enjoyed films and didn't think of the political messages of each and every film. That was nice.

Now there will be days and weeks of the lowest form of commentary of who wore what and why they should or should not have worn it. The less I hear of that the happier I am.

There were a few outstanding dresses--I really don't need to know more.

Forum List

Back