Michelle Obama makes kids eat "Healthy" as her own children eat Real food

um no leftard; i brought up a point that mentioned overall excercise is the key to keeping weight loss off

PART of that mentioned crash-dieting

ur a joke
cant be honest about anything

Diet Is* more important than exercise for weight loss AND long term health.

and...

the more you rant about how dumb I am in the face of you saying the most retarded things, the better entertainment I get, so keep going puppy.

Retarded things?

One does not say retarded things.

One may be mentally retarded and say things that do not make sense.

But the only people I know that uses the term "retarded things" are children.

um no leftard; i brought up a point that mentioned overall excercise is the key to keeping weight loss off

ur a joke

Diet Is* more important than exercise for weight loss AND long term health.

and...

the more you rant about how dumb I am in the face of you saying the most retarded things, the better entertainment I get, so keep going puppy.

i have your permission to keep going?
thanks dimwit

ur a joke

Its all he's got.

OK by me. If it works for him and has no affect on me, I have no issue with his childish way of debating.

And trust me. It has NO AFFECT on me.

Literally, you're in the top 3 most childish people here.

You steady stay looking for your one golden "gotcha" moment, and every time you fall flat. It's embarrassing.

ok

you arent man enough to admit the law is an unfunded mandate; a burden places on schools

you're the arrogant one

go cry

Each student meal that meets USDA guidelines is subsidized, in part or in whole, by the federal government. If a meal does not meet current guidelines, the meal can not be subsidized and therefore will be priced higher than a meal that does meet guidelines.

want more egg on your face?

how about the part about how its non binding? want some of that egg too, or no?

you arent man enough to put egg or anything else on my face

go cry

I just did.

The mandate is not unfunded, as you've been saying all along.

also, its a non binding mandate. Schools are able to opt out in exchange for losing their FEDERAL school lunch subsidy.

Thank you, come again.

you're the loser that isnt man enough to acknowledge the program places an UNFUNDED MANDATE on school systems
the child here is you

Each student meal that meets USDA guidelines is subsidized, in part or in whole, by the federal government. If a meal does not meet current guidelines, the meal can not be subsidized and therefore will be priced higher than a meal that does meet guidelines.

want more egg on your face?

how about the part about how its non binding? want some of that egg too, or no?

you arent man enough to put egg or anything else on my face

go cry

I just did.

The mandate is not unfunded, as you've been saying all along.

also, its a non binding mandate. Schools are able to opt out in exchange for losing their FEDERAL school lunch subsidy.

Thank you, come again.

yes it is and i proved it
you arent man enough to admit when you're wrong

A similar mandate is found in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. It also does not provide funding for the regulation. Because the USDA says there is no nutritional value in water, Binkle says, water is not considered part of a reimbursable meal. As a result, the cost of providing water falls solely on the shoulders of foodservice directors.

Another issue is how the water must be distributed: water fountains, bubblers, pitchers of water in cafeterias? Yet another factor is how that water is given to students to drink: cups provided by foodservice programs, cups or containers brought from home?

Like California, Massachusetts also passed a bill requiring districts to provide water to students. Andover’s Koutroubas says she thinks the requirement is a good one. Before the legislation she offered water for 50 cents, but she had never thought about giving the water away for free. “[The requirement] is really simple to implement. You have to offer the water for free. You have to provide the cup. We use a container and we keep it in an area where we can monitor it.”

Koutroubas adds that because the water requirement is unfunded it’s important for directors to make sure district administrators know the budgetary constraints the child nutrition program are being put under. “We have to educate our superintendents so that they understand what we’re up against, so they see us more as a part of the school budget versus contributing to the school budget,” she says. “The small amount of money that we receive should be going into the lunch, not the lights or the custodians.”

“The water mandate is a challenge,” agrees Eric Goldstein, chief executive of the Office of School Support Services for New York City’s 1,700 public schools. “We are working with the health department to put in water bubblers to see if that’s the best way. It’s a little expensive. Alternatively we can put in more water coolers. It’s a less attractive way to do it, but it does work. [Offering free water] is a good idea. If money weren’t an issue, if it were funded, we would put in water bubblers. We give [students] cups for free. [Buying cups] does add up quick, but what allows us to do it is we buy in bulk and it drives the cost down.”

Another hot topic in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act is the proposed meal pattern changes. The new meal pattern requires one cup per day of fruit for breakfast, an increase of one-half cup. There also are increases in the amount of fruits and vegetables that must be served at lunch. In addition, the law mandates a weekly requirement for dark green and orange vegetables and legumes, and limits the amount of starchy vegetables that can be served.

heres a funny one proving you wrong, from a right wing rag.

some mandate, they can opt right out!! :lol:

Approximately 200 school districts across the country have opted out of the federal lunch program, leaving them free from regulations Michelle Obama pushed in 2010, but without federal subsidies for school lunches.

A similar mandate is found in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. It also does not provide funding for the regulation. Because the USDA says there is no nutritional value in water, Binkle says, water is not considered part of a reimbursable meal. As a result, the cost of providing water falls solely on the shoulders of foodservice directors.

Another issue is how the water must be distributed: water fountains, bubblers, pitchers of water in cafeterias? Yet another factor is how that water is given to students to drink: cups provided by foodservice programs, cups or containers brought from home?

Like California, Massachusetts also passed a bill requiring districts to provide water to students. Andover’s Koutroubas says she thinks the requirement is a good one. Before the legislation she offered water for 50 cents, but she had never thought about giving the water away for free. “[The requirement] is really simple to implement. You have to offer the water for free. You have to provide the cup. We use a container and we keep it in an area where we can monitor it.”

Koutroubas adds that because the water requirement is unfunded it’s important for directors to make sure district administrators know the budgetary constraints the child nutrition program are being put under. “We have to educate our superintendents so that they understand what we’re up against, so they see us more as a part of the school budget versus contributing to the school budget,” she says. “The small amount of money that we receive should be going into the lunch, not the lights or the custodians.”

“The water mandate is a challenge,” agrees Eric Goldstein, chief executive of the Office of School Support Services for New York City’s 1,700 public schools. “We are working with the health department to put in water bubblers to see if that’s the best way. It’s a little expensive. Alternatively we can put in more water coolers. It’s a less attractive way to do it, but it does work. [Offering free water] is a good idea. If money weren’t an issue, if it were funded, we would put in water bubblers. We give [students] cups for free. [Buying cups] does add up quick, but what allows us to do it is we buy in bulk and it drives the cost down.”

Another hot topic in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act is the proposed meal pattern changes. The new meal pattern requires one cup per day of fruit for breakfast, an increase of one-half cup. There also are increases in the amount of fruits and vegetables that must be served at lunch. In addition, the law mandates a weekly requirement for dark green and orange vegetables and legumes, and limits the amount of starchy vegetables that can be served.

=======================

i hope that is a nutritous egg on your face!!

lol

im gunna moonwalk at my simplistic victory here,

(Michael Jackson voice):

"hee heee, owwww!"

=======================

lol

the hunger free kids act is voluntary, not mandatory

you are only mandated to follow the guidelines.............if you OPT IN

HOLY SHHHHH

:lol:

im gunna moonwalk at my simplistic victory here,

(Michael Jackson voice):

"hee heee, owwww!"

dems in congress oppose the opt out

but then again nobody needs to tell an arrogant loser he's "won"

he will always convice himself of it

=======================

lol

the hunger free kids act is voluntary, not mandatory

you are only mandated to follow the guidelines.............if you OPT IN

HOLY SHHHHH

:lol:

you admit it cost more and has no funding for the added costs?
thanks

wow!!!

oh word, so they passed a law disallowing the opt out? or are you just babbling?

:lol: @ a voluntary program being an "unfunded mandate"

total self pwnage

heres a funny one proving you wrong, from a right wing rag.

some mandate, they can opt right out!! :lol:

Approximately 200 school districts across the country have opted out of the federal lunch program, leaving them free from regulations Michelle Obama pushed in 2010, but without federal subsidies for school lunches.

Hey Sparky.....

Here in NY thre is a mandate to have liability auto insurance.

But you can opt out if you decide not to own or lease a car.

Yet it is still a mandate.

Forum List

Back