Michigan GOP Gov. Candidate: Rape Victims Shouldn’t Get Abortions Because Fetus Could Become POTUS

It's certainly true. No one knows what any child's future is. Tim Tebow's mother fought against those who were pressuring her to get an abortion. She doesn't appear unhappy in her decision.

Last edited:
It's certainly true. N9 one knows what any child's future is. Tim Tebow's mother fought against those who were pressuring her to get an abortion. She doesn't appear unhappy in her decision.

Would you be willing to give a woman $2,500 a month to raise her child?

She should get a job and support her own children. I did not demand that anyone but me support my child. If a woman wants someone else to support her child, give it up.

I have never known a woman who had an illegitimate child grow up to be president. I have known several who ended up living with an adult child they once considered aborting.

One would think these idiots would learn from saying stupid shit like this after similar comments imploded the Senate campaigns of Todd Aiken and Richard Mourdock in 2012.

I would be willing to give a lecture to a woman telling her to not get pregnant if she doesn't want a child, and if she does get pregnant she is responsible for taking care of it. Is that a foreign language to you Dimmers??

I would be willing to give a lecture to a woman telling her to not get pregnant if she doesn't want a child, and if she does get pregnant she is responsible for taking care of it. Is that a foreign language to you Dimmers??
I would be willing to suggest that any man who gets a woman pregnant who does not want the child is responsible for all costs associated with raising that child, be it with that woman, or be it with an adoptive family.

He was the 'assertive' one (it's the tumescence factor) not her. He did the insertion-thingy, not her.

Ergo, he bears the responsibility of all costs.
And there should be a law and an enforcement arm specifically dedicated to wringing the money out of him.

Now, if she wants the child then she is responsible for 35% of the costs, but he remains responsible for 65%.

There should be a law.

IMHO

Well, tracking with the thrust of the OP, lemme post this taster from a Washington Post opinion I saw this afternoon (by Paul Waldman):

"There’s a curious dynamic at play, one that is repeating itself in one swing state after another. On one hand, Democrats seeking office in these states offer both a standard set of center-left policies and a political style meant to have wide appeal. On the other hand, the state’s Republicans present a radical face, seemingly meant to court only the party’s Trumpiest and most conservative voters.

Democrats may be tempted to say, “
Good — let them show how extreme they are. Voters will recoil in disgust.” Which might happen. But it’s anything but a sure bet, especially in a midterm election year when the opposition is likely to make gains no matter how crazy its candidates are.

Consider some colorful stories out of Michigan in the past few days, where Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer — who got elected in 2018 on a pledge to “fix the damn roads” — is up for reelection this year.
One GOP candidate opposing her, Ryan D. Kelley, was recently recorded telling prospective poll workers, “
If you see something you don’t like happening with the machines, you see something going on, unplug it from the wall.”

Kelley also stood by nodding while a state Senate candidate told the audience to “show up armed” to the polls, and that while peaceful change is preferable, if things don’t go the way they want, “we need to be prepared to lock and load.”

Another gubernatorial candidate, Garrett Soldano, told an interviewer that rape victims who become pregnant should be told they’re “heroic” and that “God put them in this moment” to carry their rapist’s child."
------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, there is some truthiness in Waldman's view. What I think I see is GOP candidates for one office or another is an attempt to be as "Trumpy" as they can be. Which means, edging over the warning-track in Right Field.

And Dem candidates are trying to be 'right-down-the-middle' in order to have the widest appeal. The vanilla gambit. The 'mild' salsa strategy.

That's an interesting dynamic. I don't know which is a better strategy.
If one takes the USMB prevailing sentiment...well, one can't be Trumpy enough.
But, is that the way America feels?
I dunno.

Joe did get about 7 million more votes than Trump. But that Afghanistan mess hurt him, did it lose him the 7 million?
Or does it matter?

After all, folks voted for Joe Biden NOT because he was Mr. Dynamo who would leap tall buildings. Noper.
They voted for Joe Biden because he wasn't Don Trump.

So, does a Trump 4yrs older and maybe a bit more entrenched in his flaws serve as a new and improved model able to win the White House?

I dunno. And it's too soon for me to bet.

isn't freedom of speech beautiful?

Yes, it is. It lets all you dummies talk.

And in fact, the man is correct. What insane moron kills a baby because of the crimes of the father?
And how many murdered babies could have grown up to become great men or women?

He may have spoken inarticulately, but he was correct, and you are a dope.

"And in fact, the man is correct. What insane moron kills a baby because of the crimes of the father? And how many murdered babies could have grown up to become great men or women?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, let's go there. To the yin and the yang.

First, on how many woulda been great?
I dunno.
And suggest it is unknowable.

How many woulda been another Hitler, Pol Pot, Adam Lanza, Dylan Root?
I dunno.
And suggest it is unknowable.

For all 'value-added' humans, there are some that, well, aren't.
------------------------
And then abortion due to rape. ("what insane moron kills a baby because of the crimes of the father?")

But 'saving' that fetus resulting from the rape should not be the end of the story. It most especially is not for the 'rapee'.

Accordingly, the girl that her society demands she carry her rapists's baby has a hard journey. Ergo, society requires it; society pays for it.

As stated previously, the father of all unwanted babies....must be held accountable for ALL costs of that now born fetus.
And if he cannot pay, won't pay, doesn't pay.....well then punishment of him follows.

But it doesn't stop at his jail cell either.
Now the burden....100%..... falls on the society that requires the rapist's baby be born and raised.

Which means, any pregnancy arising from rape.....and if the rapee, the victim,.....doesn't want the child, well then, the state pays all costs through college, job training, and job placement.

Being "Pro Life" doesn't end with the bumper sticker.
After all, any "life" requires much stuff. Much expense.

And our society, our culture, must be on the hook. If the rapists is not able or not willing to pay for the costs of that 'life' it must fall on the society who demands "life".
The rapee is the victim. She must be held harmless. Ergo.....it is next then, on 'society's dime'. All of it. 100%

IMHO

Forum List

Back